• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/08/04

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Sol said:
Reyes looks like a world class star just waiting to explode, the ability he has is scary. You could see the mancs defence s**t themselves every time he got the ball.

Good to see he has won you over :)

:D

I hope he goes on and makes me look even more stupid.

I want more humble pie!

quattro

reyes was absolutely fantastic. i cant believe that he adapted so fast. it looks like we're gonna have to fork a few more million to seville soon... and thats a good thing. :)

also very impressed with cesc fabregas. very confident on the ball. he didn't look strong or imposing but looks are deceiving as he barely ever lost the ball, won some tackles and made some great passes. he will be a star.

AFCG7

Established Member
One more thing about Cesc.. he has this really good turn ..in either direction.. you can see why they compare him to Pep Guardiola in style of play.

Mark

Established Member
Just wanna add something about the team performance as well. What I really liked was that when we went 2-1 up we didn't get nervous and negative as sometimes did last season. The players genuinely looked as though they were having fun out there and we continued attacking and watching the final few minutes of the game wasn't so nerve wracking as there was no way they were going to come back.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but I think we are going to be even better this season than last.

Sigun

yeah, Vieira's leaving cause he wont get into the team...

there must be something very wrong in his head for wanting to leave arsenal now.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sigun said:
yeah, Vieira's leaving cause he wont get into the team...

there must be something very wrong in his head for wanting to leave arsenal now.
Now thats a bit over the top. He is a definite starter, and if he wanted to leae it purely based on financial need, and if true he should go.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Evil Dragon said:
Go Robin :shock:

2649092_7_2.jpg

8)
Evil. I think your signiture may be slightly TOO big. You might want to resize it before its taken off like mine was. Just a warning before the take it off.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Sol said:
JazzG said:
Sol said:
Reyes looks like a world class star just waiting to explode, the ability he has is scary. You could see the mancs defence s**t themselves every time he got the ball.

Good to see he has won you over :)

:D

I want more humble pie!

only men with big hearts admit they were wrong and i am about to do the same. i was sooooo wrong about cygan. i missed the game but i hear he hardly put a foot wrong. sorry pascal. i wont be so worried whenever we have injuries in central D.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:

I want more humble pie!

I hope so too ;)

The Sun gave him 6 out of 10 today, yet gave Bergkamp, Cesc, Keane, Scholes, Giggs and Smith higher ratings. They really don't have a clue do they :roll:

Also kinda OT but is it me or does Reyes seem to wink at everyone, I dunno if I'm the only one who has noticed this!

leongsh

Mark said:
Just wanna add something about the team performance as well. What I really liked was that when we went 2-1 up we didn't get nervous and negative as sometimes did last season. The players genuinely looked as though they were having fun out there and we continued attacking and watching the final few minutes of the game wasn't so nerve wracking as there was no way they were going to come back.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but I think we are going to be even better this season than last.

Nice simple analysis, Mark :)

It's early days yet and Arsenal are showing bags of promise. This is a great way for gooners (and other football fans) to know that Arsenal are ready for the start of the EPL this season. Now, it's up to the team to continue what they have been doing the whole of last season - play fast, exciting and highly technical football while not losing right through the rest of the season - and a bit more, like adding the UEFA Champions League trophy to the Arsenal trophy cabinet ;D

Mark

Established Member
I just hope we don't get too used to things going our way with this fantastic football and we still remember how to grind out results when things aren't going well, because it won't always be so simple. The main part of our success last season and when we won the double was not just the brilliant football we played but picking up points against stubborn teams who wouldn't let us play like that. Our problem in 02/03 was that we couldn't do that. I would hate to see a repeat of that this season.

JazzG

Established Member
Mark said:
I just hope we don't get too used to things going our way with this fantastic football and we still remember how to grind out results when things aren't going well, because it won't always be so simple. The main part of our success last season and when we won the double was not just the brilliant football we played but picking up points against stubborn teams who wouldn't let us play like that. Our problem in 02/03 was that we couldn't do that. I would hate to see a repeat of that this season.

Our problem in 02/03 was we couldn't defend as a team. Last season we showed we could dig in and do this. Hope it is the same next season.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
leongsh said:
Mark said:

It's early days yet and Arsenal are showing bags of promise. This is a great way for gooners (and other football fans) to know that Arsenal are ready for the start of the EPL this season. Now, it's up to the team to continue what they have been doing the whole of last season - play fast, exciting and highly technical football while not losing right through the rest of the season - and a bit more, like adding the UEFA Champions League trophy to the Arsenal trophy cabinet ;D

Or better yet to improve from last season, not even draw a match. I know its unrealistic, but so was last season, and it is something we should strive to achieve.

Mark

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
leongsh said:
Mark said:

Or better yet to improve from last season, not even draw a match. I know its unrealistic, but so was last season, and it is something we should strive to achieve.

Going the whole season unbeaten in the league was not our taget from the very start. If you're seriously suggesting the team's aim should be to go through the whole league campaign winning every game then I have to say I disagree.

Taking it one game at a time should be our approach, and of course the approach to every game is to win, but you can't do it every time. We have to be realistic and not become complacent again.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not being complacetn. Note that I said that it was unrealistic. But we should aim to win every match. It's not like you, me or any fan would accept anyting less than that kind of commitment. If we end up losing or drawing I'd be disappointed, but I know it's part and parcel of the game.

Mark

Established Member
Perhaps I misunderstood you. Going in one game at a time wanting to win is normal. All teams do that, but to say at the start of the season that we will win every game is very different and is ridiculous.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I understand. I'm not saying we will win every match. On the contrary, I knw we can't, but it is something we shouuld strive for, however hard the task may be. But I know its impossible, but it should be our aim.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
It's such a pity that this Vieira business is overshadowing such exciting times for the club. If this sudden transfer urge from Paddy hadn't sprung up, I would be convinced we were in for another superb season. :evil:

leongsh

The more important target now is to retain the EPL championship rather than stringing together another unbeaten run, although that would be an exceptional bonus. The Arsenal teams under Arsène Wenger's tenure are and have been doing so well that our expectations have really gone through the roof. Such is the confidence in the team, we seriously see Arsenal as a serious contender in winning the UEFA Champions League, which, I believe, will come in due course.

Honestly, I admit that I am spoiled silly by the performance of the Arsenal team that it has made me more greedy in terms of results. However, I do temper my happiness and seek a constructive moderate ground (at least I hope that I do so in my postings in the Arsenal-Mania forums).

Top Bottom