• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Writing him off is just silly and I would assume meant to make some weird internet/forum point. We haven’t seen enough of him by a mile. I chose to focus on the first couple of performances and not the worse ones later as the team and his team mates totally tanked.

Think he has all the attributes to succeed in the more compact, higher intensity setup Arteta tries to implement. He is also young and hopefully Arteta can get a tune out of him also.
Wasn’t making a silly internet point, I just don’t think much of him and you don’t have to agree.

After his performances, certain comments and the circumstances in which Real Madrid let him leave, yeah I’ve kind of written him off/forgotten about him.
I really don’t see us signing him and I would rather our youth continue to get games over some guy who probably destined to be heading to Real Betis or osasuna or something. What’s the problem?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People on this form are seriously bi-polar in their comments. Everyone was waxing lyrical about Dani at the begining of the season. He did tail off, but everyone was playing crap aside from Auba in the team.

So I'm not going to jude him at all. One thing that I remember from Dani at the begining of the season was how he closed down high up the pitch to set the goal up for Auba. If our team defends as a team, Dani's seemingly lack of atlethicism won't be an issue.

On the plus side, technically he's brilliant, great dribbler, he rarely loses the ball. He does need to release the ball quicker, but I believe Arteta will coach those bad habits out of him, I think we've only seen about 40% of his talent. He could be our very own midfilder in the Santi mould.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wasn’t making a silly internet point, I just don’t think much of him and you don’t have to agree.

After his performances, certain comments and the circumstances in which Real Madrid let him leave, yeah I’ve kind of written him off/forgotten about him.
I really don’t see us signing him and I would rather our youth continue to get games over some guy who probably destined to be heading to Real Betis or osasuna or something. What’s the problem?
Wasn’t actually thinking of your post when I made my comment but some earlier posts. I understand fully if you want to give own youth products more time over him because you think he will not be here long term.

For me there are so many variables we, or at least I, know nothing about like what interest and plans from Madrid are, how he works in practice, what his strengths and weaknesses are, what he wants to do long term etc. All I think is that writing him off on so little information isn’t something I would do. For that he seems to have too much upside too me.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Wasn’t actually thinking of your post when I made my comment but some earlier posts. I understand fully if you want to give own youth products more time over him because you think he will not be here long term.

For me there are so many variables we, or at least I, know nothing about like what interest and plans from Madrid are, how he works in practice, what his strengths and weaknesses are, what he wants to do long term etc. All I think is that writing him off on so little information isn’t something I would do. For that he seems to have too much upside too me.
Fair enough, apologies for the misunderstanding.

I feel how I feel, but you’re absolutely right I do not know enough to fully write him off. We’ve seen stranger things happen in football.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You say that but I don’t see us paying the transfer fee for him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

People on this form are seriously bi-polar in their comments. Everyone was waxing lyrical about Dani at the begining of the season. He did tail off, but everyone was playing crap aside from Auba in the team.

So I'm not going to jude him at all. One thing that I remember from Dani at the begining of the season was how he closed down high up the pitch to set the goal up for Auba. If our team defends as a team, Dani's seemingly lack of atlethicism won't be an issue.

On the plus side, technically he's brilliant, great dribbler, he rarely loses the ball. He does need to release the ball quicker, but I believe Arteta will coach those bad habits out of him, I think we've only seen about 40% of his talent. He could be our very own midfilder in the Santi mould.
Think we need to give the squad, especially the new players a break here. Let's see how they play under the new management. Klopp was able to improve almost everyone as was Guardiola. If Arteta can help players play better that would be great. This way we can actually start selling players with a profit instead of offloading them at a large or small loss to our balance sheet.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You say that but I don’t see us paying the transfer fee for him.

Think it is highly probable with Mikel at the wheel. Ceballos is technical as we as suitably tenacious. There are bits missing from his game, but an excellent touch, composure on the ball and decent engines can't be taught and he has them. Releasing the ball quicker, taking up better positions and not over playing can be taught or even enforced.

I'd be shocked if we didn't buy him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Think it is highly probable with Mikel at the wheel. Ceballos is technical as we as suitably tenacious. There are bits missing from his game, but an excellent touch, composure on the ball and decent engines can't be taught and he has them. Releasing the ball quicker, taking up better positions and not over playing can be taught or even enforced.

I'd be shocked if we didn't buy him.

30m euros has been quoted which is about fair for this market.

StefanB

Ceballos is an elite talent. The problem was the same for him as everyone else during Emery's reign. No structure and limited attacking play.

The issue though is if he suits Arteta's plans going forward. He's not a number 10, but more of a 6/8 (like Thiago) in my mind. For Spain U21's he's been used that way aswell. Coming from the deep dicating play and popping up with crucial (and spectacular) goals.

Will be interesting to see how Arteta utilizies him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
For me, you can just put Ceballos in the "typical Spanish CM" bracket. He shares similarities with Silva, Mata, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas etc. Wouldn't compare him directly to any of them tho.

#Davido

Anyone writing him off is being dumb, we just saw half the team go up a level with Arteta ffs. Amongst those are our current midfield trio who most of us were ready to bin in the next summer, so why wouldn't a hugely talented 23 yo still adapting to the league go up a level also.

We're also on the ideal position to sign him too if we want to, likely not enough time to show Real he's worth it but enough time to show he's the right fit for us. Dani could also end up enamoured with Arteta like many of our players seem to be, not to mention he's Spanish too. (Mikel is not Catalan is he? :lol:)

Basque I believe.

Kysus

I've been calling that The Fabregas Turn for about 10 years :lol:

How have you not noticed that all Spanish midfielders do this? I swear they teach it in La Masia and other academies.

Ceballos actually looked like a fabregas/arteta hybrid in the game vs burnley.
There is a reasonable possibility that he turns into an immense midfielder under arteta's instruction as the talent is clearly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom