• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What if you add Partey to that and play a midfield 3? Got a bit of everything there, although we might still lack a bit creatively.
It's still lacking a bit of upward thrust for me - Partey becomes the sole pair of legs in the midfield. I trust his ability to play in tighter spaces and be able to release the ball relatively quickly but it doesn't really solve the problem of Ceballos and Xhaka taking an age to move the ball around themselves - I think that's as big if not a bigger problem than them being slow, and Guendouzi has a very similar problem most of the time aswell.

I’m a bit indifferent with Ceballos. I just can’t get excited with the prospect of him playing the number 10 for us. If we are to compete again we need better in that position.

I’d be happy with him as a squad player.

WilshereGone

He's a good player, but not as good as I expected from what I'd seen of him before he came. Feel like we still need a true magician in that midfield to progess.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Probably on a second loan he might. Everything points to him wanting to go back to Madrid but I think they might just extend his loan for another season. I'm not completely against that idea, but I still think there are limitations in his game that I'd rather us not have to make concessions for all the time. I think while him and Xhaka have formed a relatively decent pairing together, I'm still very much of the opinion that it's a flat midfield that doesn't progress play as well as I'd like them to. There's just a few too many touches and too little dynamism in terms of speed and breaking lines consistently (either through passing or the odd dribble forward).

I'm very "ehh" on him staying admittedly. He's playing well right now, but not enough for me to want him here permanently.
Agreed. Would take him on another loan but only in addition to one or two proper, transformative midfield signings.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's a good player, but not as good as I expected from what I'd seen of him before he came. Feel like we still need a true magician in that midfield to progess.

Yh it's a shame, he played so well with Fabian Ruiz for the Spain U-23's and Betis. Maybe that player is still there waiting to come out, but you wouldn't be spending 30m or whatever in the hope that it does. Maybe another loan if he does well in the remaining games.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Lads I think the only sensible thing to do is see if he plays tonight against Leicester and then make our definitive judgement on his career based off what he does in this one game, otherwise we're just being rash.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Definitely making a great case to keep him, especially with Guendo on his way.

Extend his loan if not already, this boy has good potential.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
What he's doing now is really complicating things for me. Before it was clear, he wasn't quite good enough and he can go back to Madrid, and we can buy someone to replace him. But that was a significant performance from a 23 year old player. There's tangible potential there that you'd think Arteta could develop further.

Another loan could be on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom