Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Think its interesting how Ndombele is highly regarded and he has had a by far worse season than Ceballos who has begun to show what he can do. Both the same age as well and both in similar situations.

The more I think about it the more I think he is a player that can fit easily into Artetas system.

I suppose the big positive is his response. I dont think we can understate how important his positive response has been.

2. The guy has proved me wrong. Said earlier i wouldn't take him on a permanent but now, i would. It's easy to forget he's 23. I think in time, he can add goals to his game, especially if played as a dual 8 with Partey.

Xhaka - Ceballos - Partey would be a really solid midfield. Maybe not the best in terms of goals/assists, but it will be combative. A bit like Liverpools three.

3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Ceballos has started to play a larger % of forward passes and released the ball quicker. It’s all I ever wanted our midfield to do. Bravo Arteta. It also encourages our forwards to make more runs as they know they don’t have to come looking for the ball.

4. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

His auditioning for a permanent transfer continues apace

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    bingobob, Top Quality and Manberg like this.
  5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Guendouzi and El Nenny out. Ceballos and AMN in and our midfield has improved next year even before we sign Partey.

Add an Özil replacement in 12 months and there is our midfield overhaul.

Ceballos has added steel to his game and no longer looks the vulnerable mess as Anfield earlier on in the season.

bingobob likes this.
  6. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

This is a big game for someone like Ceballos, I remember in the game at Emirates against Sp**s he came off the bench and it was the first time I really started to notice that he was hogging onto the ball too much, wasn't make enough forward passes, his cameo was very disappointing.

Now he has to really show he can hang in these big games, make his presence felt in midfield. If he replicates his last performance then it'll be very promising. But what I've seen with Ceballos is that he usually has one top performance followed by a few lackluster ones, hopefully this isn't the case and we're now seeing what he's all about.

truth_hurts and krengon like this.
  7. MartiSaka

MartiSaka Member

We need to see consistency with Ceballos; looks one hell of a player at times but have rarely seen it outside of the past handful of matches. Arteta seems to be far happier with his defensive work but he also seems to be moving the ball far more rapidly over the past few games.

I'd accepted he would probably head back from loan without making much of an impact. Fair play to him to show the commitment he is showing without necessarily any permanent move in the offering. He could have done an Özil, accept his wage and head back to Spain

bingobob likes this.
  8. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Very good performance despite the result

9. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Our best player today?

Macho, lufere7, krackpot and 3 others like this.
  10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yes.

Noticeable lack of speed but mitigated that well today with much better progressive passes and timely dribbles. Diligent in and out of possession. He's starting to win me over.

krackpot likes this.
  11. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

I think so, but he gave the ball away a few times in the 2nd half and I wasn't impressed with that.

But aside from that he's good

12. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Very impressive

13. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Cesc lite performance.

Another loan under Poch would be nice.

14. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

He’s one of the ones you try to keep, one that I think can be even better with better teammates.

Impact likes this.
  15. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Hard to like him, really.

An underdeveloped loan player

16. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

Martinez IMO.
    but he had an excellent game again.
    His partnership with Xhaka is what we needed for so long now.

Sign him up.

KenyanGoon likes this.
  17. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

He played like this against Burnley as well when everyone raved about him early in the season. He thrives immensely when he's got time and space on the ball. When he's pressed he's fairly poor-to-average.

sdotzdot likes this.
  18. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

Pure quality, and never in question for anyone who saw him play prior to joining us. Cucks on here as usual with no clue.

19. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

He’s been good recently. Credit to him. But I don’t trust any of these players. If we signed him he’ll probably turn to ****

krengon, Macho and Trilly like this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He on loan and showed more effort than lot of our players. It we extended his contract it won't hurt if we don't have funds to add another midfielder if we got Partey deal done. Clear with Artera he improved so much