• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem they predicting it said it could be another loan deal but Real madrid want to make cash

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
All for this, especially for the reported amount, I'm sure there is a player there.
I still remember watching him bossing it in that U21 tournament, he looked a level above everything else.

You can also see him growing every game now we have a settled structure, he's buying into it.
He moved to a much more physical league at a young age with a team in a mess, no real system or identity, being forced to play different roles for different managers.
Some players need time to adapt, Henry, Bergkamp and Pires all took a season or so, just because freaks like Cazorla and David Silva were instantly brilliant people just expect it of everyone.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A loan also would be perfect for us it'll allow to save alot of money. I think Real madrid will want obligation to buy this time

balthazar

TBH, I fail to see the good points of a loan with an obligation to buy. Is it only to not have to pay now; kind of using next year's budget in advance? How is that different or better than buying now and paying in installments, taking a loan for instance?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
TBH, I fail to see the good points of a loan with an obligation to buy. Is it only to not have to pay now; kind of using next year's budget in advance? How is that different or better than buying now and paying in installments, taking a loan for instance?

Yeah we just have to pay £20M or whatever it is next year allowing us to spend on key targets this summer. And hopefully when we are more financially stable next summer buying Ceballos for 20m wont be a problem.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If it's for a good price, somewhere around 20-25 mil, then it's great news.

Judging him strictly as a prospect - If we travelled back in time to the early stages of the 2019 summer transfer window and signed Ceballos straight up then, I'd consider that to be excellent news. His upside as a midfielder was very impressive looking from a far.

Judging him after this loan period - He was obviously a disappointment after that incredible debut against Burnley, but the lockdown did him wonders. What impresses me the most is that he's a contributor defensively, I didn't expect that whatsoever. His technique is obvious and we need ball players in our midfield.

The only question I have with him is his creativity - ability to pick out good passes, initiate plays, find the right players at the right time with the right angles. He hasn't shown much in this regard. I do think he has potential though, because his head is always up looking for passing opportunities and there's nothing wrong with his passing technique. It could be that our system and squad makeup isn't doing him any favors.

He's probably someone that you'll want as the secondary playmaker and the secondary defensive contributor in your midfield, rather than being the primary one in either. I'm fine with that, but we do need to put the primary options around him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
With it a loan with an option or even obligation this would be great, leaves us room to secure other players while keeping someone who's already settled in the squad and has finally putting in a decent (and really consistent) shift after a really bad run of form.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
With his current projectory I would like to see an option to buy put in. Because if he continues improving his price is gonna rise a lot.

His resurgence has been quite low key and recent, we should make use of that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Extension with just an option to buy would be perfect.

Hard to see yet how all the midfield pieces will fall with us needing to be better in both defensively & creatively. Not convinced both Dani & Xhaka will be starters.

zilfy

Extension with just an option to buy would be perfect.

Hard to see yet how all the midfield pieces will fall with us needing to be better in both defensively & creatively. Not convinced both Dani & Xhaka will be starters.
Especially if we're going for Partey. Dani, Xhaka and Partey wont work in a 3-not enough creativity. Unless bring in a LW to be a key playmaker perhaps

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Especially if we're going for Partey. Dani, Xhaka and Partey wont work in a 3-not enough creativity. Unless bring in a LW to be a key playmaker perhaps

I agree it doesn't feel creative enough, but I think Ceballos can be more creative than he's shown. Maybe he's just being asked by the coach to play this role deeper on the pitch, if he was asked to play higher he could do that and perhaps create more.

Ideally I think you'd have Ceballos as one of the 8's in a 3 man midfield with a 6 and another really technical 8, like Fabian Ruiz who he plays with for Spain. If Ruiz isn't an option, someone like Aouar seems like the right fit.

Partey-Xhaka-Ceballos could work, but I wouldn't call it perfectly balanced. And who'd be the back-ups? Seeing as we're looking to sell Guendouzi and Torreira.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we can fix the price in the loan agreement, because if he has an amazing season we don't want Madrid to turn around and ask for 50m :lol:
Yes obligation would be perfect but risky if he had poor season and a serious injury we'll still have to pay at the end of loan so i think option to buy is safest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom