• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah numbers wise no but Aoaororoar Partey Xhaka and Ceballos are all starting quality.

Would be gassed to have 4 starting quality midfielders battling for 3 spots but I just don't think we're there yet

...Unless we are? We're pretty set in defence with Gabriel coming in and the attack is sorted too.

The question for me is what do we need to win a title under Arteta whilst Auba is still here. So a title within the next 3 years, or at least build a title challenging team around Auba.

Like you say we are set in defence. Only thing I'd potentially change now is the right back position but Bellerin deserves a full season under Arteta and a full season after injury. Especially as its a 3 year plan, so he can easily be replaced next summer if need be. But on paper we are set in defence.

Midfield needs major surgery, think Xhaka could flourish in a quality midfield. I'd keep him as he's also a natural leader, similar to Henderson. Probably do need Partey, Aouar and Ceballos to even think about competing for a title, but on paper that is a title challenging midfield.

We then have one of if not the best strikers in the league in Auba. If the attack actually clicks under Arteta then we'd have one of the best attacks in the league, again, worthy of a title challenge.

So tbh yeah, for the future we do need all three midfielders if we really want to go places. And Ceballos on loan shouldn't effect that.

TinFish

Think he'll stay here for one more season with Ødegaard coming back. My guess is Real will try to get one more Real Madrid-standard season out of Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, etc before they start a firesale. They'll have learnt quite a bit from Barcelona in terms of age profiles and what it means for the club, and I think they'll start slowly building in young players to the side over the next season or two.

Can imagine, for example, Isco going to Chelsea, Casemiro to PSG, Kroos to Italy, MLS, or back to Germany, in that timeframe. Ceballos, Ødegaard, Valverde is still an amazing midfield, perhaps with an addition or two for good measure.

We need to sign him. The best midfielder we have at the club. I don't know why people arn't fussed if he goes. We need a continuation on our good form and chemistry. The guy is proven now, plays well and starting to be consistent.

My only worries are the fact that another loan doesn't guarantee he'll be with us permanently. We need some sort of obligation or first hand offer for his permanent signature at the end of his loan. Another great season at Arsenal will either mean he returns to Madrid to compete or get flogged off at a price unrealistic to Arsenal to some other, equally or bigger sized club.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Thought this would be one of the easier transfers yet here we are. Slow as usual. If we dont have him or another equally talented midfielder by the time we play Liverpool we'll probably get embarrassed

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is something I think we should pursue if it's a good deal. He's was good following the restart but we shouldn't just let familiarity dictate.

There are other good midfielders out there

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Dragging our feet. Ceballos should be here by now. We'll probably get him back after the season starts trying to save a couple of quid.

ChefMan21

We need to sign him. The best midfielder we have at the club. I don't know why people arn't fussed if he goes. We need a continuation on our good form and chemistry. The guy is proven now, plays well and starting to be consistent.

My only worries are the fact that another loan doesn't guarantee he'll be with us permanently. We need some sort of obligation or first hand offer for his permanent signature at the end of his loan. Another great season at Arsenal will either mean he returns to Madrid to compete or get flogged off at a price unrealistic to Arsenal to some other, equally or bigger sized club.
Who said I wasn't fussed? Real hold all the cards - their player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really surprised why this taking long Zidane won't be used him unless Real madrid asking for so much money and no loan then we should get this one done quick.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I really surprised why this taking long Zidane won't be used him unless Real madrid asking for so much money and no loan then we should get this one done quick.

Real Madrid are in a financially very poor position, they want cash for this not a loan.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I think the only way they’ll do it quickly is with an obligation to buy.

Yeah maybe a loan with obligation to buy, 30M with possibly a 10M loan fee or something.

Would end up being a 40M transfer though, which people could argue against it which is fair.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Real Madrid are in a financially very poor position, they want cash for this not a loan.
I find it hard to believe one of richest clubs in world football are in difficult financial positions because of 6 month covid. Even if they want i really don't think they'll ask more than 20-25M for Dani.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I find it hard to believe one of richest clubs in world football are in difficult financial positions because of 6 month covid. Even if they want i really don't think they'll ask more than 20-25M for Dani.

It's not just COVID, think they're in plenty of debt, was listening to it somewhere but can't remember exactly.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Having said all this his “see you soon” message to Willock suggests it will be done at some point. I doubt he wants to go back to Madrid while Zidane is still there.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Perez said, that they won't make a "big transfer" this season.
He said, they can't ask their places to reduce their wages and in the same way they will spend a lot of money for transfers.

But they have a lot of players to sell/loan, so from this money they will probably make tranfers. And first they will try to sell Ceballos again. We have to hope that Dani wants to come to Arsenal again.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Perez said, that they won't make a "big transfer" this season.
He said, they can't ask their places to reduce their wages and in the same way they will spend a lot of money for transfers.

But they have a lot of players to sell/loan, so from this money they will probably make tranfers. And first they will try to sell Ceballos again. We have to hope that Dani wants to come to Arsenal again.

I'm pretty sure he wants to play for Arteta. Doesn't seem to mind the British weather either and likes it in London.

Not sure though that Real will sell for under 30 million. I think it's why they threaten to keep him.

He just turned 24 and has 3 years in contract. He is worth 30-40 million euros in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom