• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,511
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyf

He's well known for his silly actions but I can uderstand why Emery signed this guy. He's a beast in the air.

PhillyGuy34

Come on, that was a clear penalty and gets called 99 out of 100 times whether the offensive player goes to ground or not. Luiz got beat badly for multiple goals yesterday but I’m not going to judge the guy’s ability based on one game at Anfield trying to defend some of the best goal scorers around. I still believe he will be considered a significant upgrade when all is aid and done.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Luiz is Mustafi's twin brother. Can't believe we paid money for this gimp. He'll let us down when we need him to keep a level head the most.
Our defense is still a shambles and will continue to be like that until the winter, when we can hopefully get a decent CB.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Games like yesterday can always happen with Luiz,hopefully there won`t be many of them. Was playing well until then and contributed to us limiting their chances despite them dominating and bombarding us with crosses.
Still think he will be a very useful player for us.

Smail

Luiz is Mustafi's twin brother. Can't believe we paid money for this gimp. He'll let us down when we need him to keep a level head the most.
Our defense is still a shambles and will continue to be like that until the winter, when we can hopefully get a decent CB.
tbf, I'd rather see him make a howler in a game we are expected to lose than against for example burnley at home in the 90' min... we are not challenging this year and he will learn from that (hopefully)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I fully expect the anti-Emery mob to change their initial opinion on the acquisition of this ****house, of ‘fair play, that’s a bargain’, to ‘wtf was he thinking??!! he’s crap!!’.... But I have to go with my initial thought of ‘****house, would not want him in my back 4 if you paid us to take him’.

He’s a slightly better Mustafi with an eye for goal and a pass. Nothing more. He’d be better playing Xhaka’s role.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I fully expect the anti-Emery mob to change their initial opinion on the acquisition of this ****house, of ‘fair play, that’s a bargain’, to ‘wtf was he thinking??!! he’s crap!!’.... But I have to go with my initial thought of ‘****house, would not want him in my back 4 if you paid us to take him’.

He’s a slightly better Mustafi with an eye for goal and a pass. Nothing more. He’d be better playing Xhaka’s role.
Though I have watched his matches before, I never focussed on him as a player. What he had on Saturday was a typical Xhaka/Mustafi brainfart.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I never saw this guy as a defensive upgrade personally, never rated him as a defender even if he had his share of good defensive performances. What he brings to the table is leadership, experience and calmness, not to mention his passing which is on another level compared to any other defender we have and vital to Emery's system.

His strength in defending is his ability to hold a line, not his tackling or marking.

zilfy

A terrible performance no doubt, but it's one performance, it doesn't necessarily follow that he will be a total liability for the rest of the season. Even good players have bad games.

People calling him mustafis brother ffs. Give him a few games before you totally write him off

He has always been prone to some **** ups or errors. At 32 year old you look for signs if he is starting to decline too. I liked him as player before but feels like with Cech that we are just getting the left overs from Chelsea here.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Got to admit listening to people after the game saying "he was good till the brainfart" sent a shiver down my spine . It's exactly what people said of Mustafi .

Of course he is better than Mustafi. Everyone is. But you are signing a 32 year old CB from a team that let him go for 8 M even if they were in a transfer ban.

We are not making any magical solution for our defense problem here. Its barely even a stop gap. Its just a continue negligence of our defense situation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m an optimist.

Hoping this performance was just one of a very small number of bad games he has this season.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So in two games he has tied his previous record of 2 mistakes that lead to goal in 93 games!

Maybe there is a systematik failure and not individual...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Got to admit listening to people after the game saying "he was good till the brainfart" sent a shiver down my spine . It's exactly what people said of Mustafi .
He's a classy player--just has that tendency to do what we saw him do. Probably less of a liability in MF. Classic jack of all trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom