• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was good and comfortable. Some nice replays by Sky showed how focused he was. He is very comfortable on the ball and brought it as far as the half way line as his team mates backed away:lol:. I hope he'll get through the next year with today as a base level of performance.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Got a yellow covering a Mustafi mistake, other than that it was a pretty good performance. Hopefully we dont have to offer him a contract every time his form dips. If teams are happy to let our centrebacks be on the ball we probably cant do without him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know his errors on the pitch drive us all crazy, but he’s the kind of character we’ve needed at the club for ages.
Perhaps the imminent arrival of Saliba is part of the reason we extended Luiz? That character, willingness to help and he’s the only defender we have that speaks French.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
There was a growing sense that David Luiz, his former team-mate, was looking to leave and when Lampard critically examined his performance after their final warm-up game, against Borussia Mönchengladbach in Germany, Luiz’s reaction made up his mind. The hostile response included Luiz addressing Lampard, who is referred to by all as “gaffer”, by his forename. Luiz was sold to Arsenal four days later.
At least he gets to call Arteta "Mister" now

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Down to being in a back three again? He was elite under Conte, it’s when he’s in a pairing he loses it.
If the team is structured and plays well around him he is quite a good player. Once things start falling apart he just starts freelancing and things really go down the drain. Look at him against Germany in the 7-1 loss. He was so out of control it was unreal.

And yes, he is better in a back three but think the main issue is that the team needs to be really compact and structured around him. If not all bets are off.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Glad to see him getting the love he deserves. I like you guys was super worried when he picked up that booking but he didn't put a foot wrong after. It's insane how he goes from looking like a competition winner against Citeh to a top class CB against Norwich and Wolves.

He's giving us more Lucio as of late.. keep it coming David!

Gunners1616

What a great leader David Luiz. The derby barely started that he gave away a first chance to the Sp**s. Way to raise confidence in the defense. Also on the first chance of Kane how slow was he to turn ? Incredible.

He just can't run and we have to accommodate his weaknesses by playing 3 at the back.

I really doubt Holding could do worse. Rob is also slow but he is not known for errors leading to goals and he is pretty good with his head which we need for set pieces.

Ah and this is how our defense leader was defending on that corner. Zonal marking is useless if you just end up marking your own teamate.
Ecv6BweXgAEiDjL

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Imperious today.

As I mentioned numerous times, the board delivered immense value by keeping him for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom