• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,307
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Said it in the match thread, MOTM. Gargantuan performance for a gargantuan institution.

Never hated Arsenal player as much since Lacazette but heard he did well today!

Needs 3 man defense to function correctly at this stage of his career so I'm still hoping we get rid as quickly as possible.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing I like about him is that it doesn't seem as if criticism affect him unlike Mustafi and Kos (to some extent) who fold when questioned

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
One thing I like about him is that it doesn't seem as if criticism affect him unlike Mustafi and Kos (to some extent) who fold when questioned
His obvious determination to put things right about his previous debacle shows the sort of fighting spirit, and professionalism, Arteta must value highly, and so should we

Reactions: Jae

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I honestly can't figure this guy out. Look at this post match interview with him.
I can't believe I'm saying something like this, but the way he's talking and owning up to mistakes, being 100% transparent and responsible, Luiz is captain material. At least on paper.

Btw, the second comment in the comment section is so true and funny that I started crying from laughter. :rofl:

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I honestly can't figure this guy out. Look at this post match interview with him.
I can't believe I'm saying something like this, but the way he's talking and owning up to mistakes, being 100% transparent and responsible, Luiz is captain material. At least on paper.
He’s definitely captain material. Unfortunately he’s just sh*t - well, horribly inconsistent rather.

In terms of professionalism, commitment and the positive effect he’s has on the squad particularly the younger players, he’s been a dream tbh. I’m glad he got the interview today, he’s usually sent out when we have a bad result and he has to own up for the whole thing.

We’ve missed character like his for a minute and he does kinda carry that elite mindset with him. He gets what being a player for a big club is about. It’s just a shame about his concentration that’s plagued him his entire career.
3CBs seems to work for him though - it’s come screaming back to me that this is how Conte got him to work.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Like mentioned already i think he is captain material; well respected amongst the players, a professional and provides guidance to the young players. Saw him providing guidance to AMN on the field today.

He is just going to cost you some games with his mistakes. Also surprised Arteta resigned him given I don't he wants to play 343 going forward.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
World class today, will have a world class howler next match.

If only there was a way to predict when these games will happen (I wonder if he gets a feeling deep within himself), we could replace him for those games. Same with Mustafi I guess. That is the way to win the league lol.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never in doubt!

He is so composed. Auba should have done much better with that superb ball early in the first half.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Blimey, if he's this articulate and eloquent in his second language during a post-match interview, he must be a very influential speaker in the dressing room in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom