• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ornstein on Arsecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They were invited by their boss to one of the biggest sporting events in the world.
I love a bit of NFL, but when you compare it to, say, the FA cup final for viewers worldwide, it gets about a 1/5th of the viewers. Huge in America, but no big thing elsewhere, sadly.

HBL

Established Member
Youth comment seemed more geared towards defenders. Emery has placed a lot of faith in guys like Guendouzi and Iwobi

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Interesting stuff. The thing that concerns me is about the part of signing unknowns and developing to sell strategy. Its fine if you get Guendouzis which would be rare to find but I wouldn't want to see Arsenal become like Monaco or as Monchi's Sevilla and Roma with huge amount of movement with no settled proper long term squad. We need to invest well in some known players too and build a stable squad around them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Youth comment seemed more geared towards defenders. Emery has placed a lot of faith in guys like Guendouzi and Iwobi
The latter already has 100+ games. Even Guendouzi has some first team experience.

We need to loan out all our Hale End talent IMO.

Bergkamp1988

French media says our summer budget will be around 50M. Anyway.. We've been hearing '' 100m next window '' for many years now. When have we ever spent that much in one window?

The only way we might get to 100m is if we make top 4 /CL and sell some players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I posted all the figures today for those who will leave (end of contract) in the summer in the Finances thread + those who could leave (useless) Its staggering what is tied up in their wages, and then we have our budget to add to it.

Potentially getting Mkhitaryan and Özil off the books would be huge.

Özil x Adidas would be huge for shirt sales. Huge loss for them.

Do the club even make much money off shirt sales? Don’t Adidas and the retailer take most of the sale proceeds?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I posted this in Finances thread earlier today, thought I'd post it here.

Here is a list of money saved in wages by losing players in the summer. This will significantly increase our budget. Age and contract end date also shown) I haven't put a value for selling as it would be pure guesswork, this is just wages saved, although some wages will be added for new players and returning loanees. Maybe even a new contract for Guendouzi :)

Bold = Definitely going/Contract ends

Petr Cech 35 £100,000 2019-06-30
David Ospina 29 £40,000 2019-06-30
Aaron Ramsey 26 £110,000 2019-06-30
Calum Chambers 22 £25,000 Out on loan 2020-06-30
Stephan Lichtsteiner 34 £35,000 2019-06-30
Carl Jenkinson 25 £45,000 2019-06-30
Danny Welbeck 26 £70,000 2019-06-30

Total per week = £425,000
Per Annum = £22,100,000

Should or Could Go

Shkodran Mustafi 25 £90,000 2021-06-30
Mohamed Elneny 25 £55,000 2020-06-30
Henrikh Mkhitaryan 29 £180,000 2021-06-30
Mesut Özil 29 £350,000 2021-06-30
Alex Iwobi 21 £30,000 2020-06-30

Total per week = £705,000
Per Annum = £36,660,000

Total combined if all go:

Total per week = £1,130,000
Per Annum = £58,760,000

When you take into account that new players are rarely paid for upfront, the extra £58.76m saved is huge as it could be spread for buying 2 new top players. Its only when you look at these figures that you really see the problem with our wage bill. And then we have our actual budget to spend as well!

No excuses this summer!

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
More interesting that the hierarchy went to the super bowl.
Should hang their heads in disgust .

Getting really fed up with the whole arsenal situation now. Low budget signings will be bought this summer

Unless somebody in the hierarchy could have come off the bench to knock in a couple of late goals, I don't see what difference it makes whether they were in Manchester, Atlanta or Bumfuck, Egypt.

And if you either listened to Ornstein or read the summary, you'll know he said he was hearing they might have £100 million to spend in the summer. It would not be a surprising budget, especially if the team makes it back into the Champions League one way or another (or preferably both). They have lots of new revenue kicking in this summer with the new sponsorship deals and some expensive players will be moving on. If you understand what he situation this January was and why it was what it was, there's really no reason to be fed up. There's actually reason to be optimistic.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing that I definitely don't like about trying to force Özil to leave is that it just seems like a classless decision.

Sure, the board might not like his wages, but they made the deal. Punishing the player over your poor management just seems wrong.

If anything Wenger tried to ensure that we were a classy club, and it'll be unfortunate if we lose that.

Also, I think Özil and Ramsey have handled their current situations with the utmost class, and I think that is indicative of the club we've tried to be.

Losing classy, top professionals like these two will be detrimental both on and off the field.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

One thing that I definitely don't like about trying to force Özil to leave is that it just seems like a classless decision.

Sure, the board might not like his wages, but they made the deal. Punishing the player over your poor management just seems wrong.

If anything Wenger tried to ensure that we were a classy club, and it'll be unfortunate if we lose that.

Also, I think Özil and Ramsey have handled their current situations with the utmost class, and I think that is indicative of the club we've tried to be.

Losing classy, top professionals like these two will be detrimental both on and off the field.
Ivan made the deal then jumped ship he had final say on the matter, hung us out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom