• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ornstein on Arsecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Ivan made the deal then jumped ship he had final say on the matter, hung us out to dry.

I'll never understand why Gazidis was so highly regarded among Arsenal fans who tripped over their own feet in an attempt to praise him.

Even the new structure he put in place was praised as soon as it was put in place. No one waited 5 minutes to see how well it would even work.

He negotiated some awful commercial deals during his tenure too. Gazidis would negotiate a shirt deal in 2014 to put us on par with what Chelsea got in 2010 and get called a genius for doing so. When other teams renegotiated their deals in 2015 and again blew us out of the water.

I think for a long time most of our revenue came from match day income. At a greater percentage than every other club in the league. Which showed that we were massively underperforming on the commercial front because if we had the same percentage of revenue from commercial deals that other teams had, our financial situation would have looked a lot healthier.

Bald charlatan who did nothing but hide behind the boss and up stakes and ran the second he had to stand on his own two feet.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'll never understand why Gazidis was so highly regarded among Arsenal fans who tripped over their own feet in an attempt to praise him.
Gazidis got loads of stick, to pretend otherwise is laughable.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Gazidis got loads of stick, to pretend otherwise is laughable.

Not enough in my eyes. The man was treated as a venerable God during the last days of Wenger's tenure because the narrative was created that Gazidis "forced" the boss out.

Even beyond that any stick Gazidis received paled in comparison to the awful contributions he made to the club. Any major dissent was quickly quelled as soon as we got a new mediocre shirt deal as well.

But that is all just how I viewed things as they happened. I'm also not necessarily referring to on here when I speak about how Gazidis was treated by Arsenal fans.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Black Scarf Movement marched outside the Emirates more than once protesting Gazidis in particular, singing the famous "what the **** do you do" chant.

blaze_of_glory

I like how we're looking for a box to box midfielder even though we heard that the reason Ramsey was being let get go was because Emery doesn't play an with an 8. Which was of course after we were told Ramsey would be a key piece of the team moving forward.

There's just too much contradictory stuff coming out about what the vision for this team and club is supposed to be for me to have any confidence in what's in store for the foreseeable future.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hope Orny is wrong as seems a scatter-gun strategy atm... Dont really doubt him though.

We need that technical director appointment to be exceptional. We are fortunate having good options round Europe & even a few explayers with years of experience.

blaze_of_glory

The Black Scarf Movement marched outside the Emirates more than once protesting Gazidis in particular, singing the famous "what the **** do you do" chant.
It's true that Gazidis got a lot of hate overall. But @squallman has a point that a lot of the fanbase also seemed to suddenly like him when it appeared he was spearheading the move to let Wenger go.

But I suppose that could have been because he was presenting everything like there was a clear plan in place for where things would be heading.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

I remember that and I don't disagree with you that Gazidis was criticized. I just feel that comparatively speaking, he got off light when you look at the abuse Wenger received.

Especially when you consider who has done more for the club.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I remember that and I don't disagree with you that Gazidis was criticized. I just feel that comparatively speaking, he got off light when you look at the abuse Wenger received.

Especially when you consider who has done more for the club.
Real Arsenal fans know the truth/score in that regard!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's true that Gazidis got a lot of hate overall. But @squallman has a point that a lot of the fanbase also seemed to suddenly like him when it appeared he was spearheading the move to let Wenger go.

But I suppose that could have been because he was presenting everything like there was a clear plan in place for where things would be heading.
He did handle the transition to a new manager well though, at least imo. Did his due diligence and interviewed a ton of candidates apparently. He created a structure that seemed to work well initially before conflicts developed between Sven and Sanllehi. The changes he made were needed, it's just a shame that he felt like his work was complete and went for a new challenge. I would've thought that overseeing the new set-up was his endgame as opposed to leaving as soon as it was in place.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Real Arsenal fans know the truth/score in that regard!
I dont think we know a fraction of what went on over the last year.

Never really liked Ivan but think something must have gone on for him to walk & not just Milan money. Would love to know the truth about Arteta link for that week.

blaze_of_glory

He did handle the transition to a new manager well though, at least imo. Did his due diligence and interviewed a ton of candidates apparently. He created a structure that seemed to work well initially before conflicts developed between Sven and Sanllehi. The changes he made were needed, it's just a shame that he felt like his work was complete and went for a new challenge. I would've thought that overseeing the new set-up was his endgame as opposed to leaving as soon as it was in place.
Well my fear is that the reason he high-tailed it was because he saw that what he had set up was something of a house of cards, and he wanted out before it came crashing down. Time will tell I guess.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
All of these deals we were pursuing reportedly with the caveat for an option to buy makes us really look like ****ing cheapskates. It's pathetic.
Why take the risk for obligation to buy if A) A better opportunity presents itself in the summer. B) the player flops massively and you have to buy him due to the obligation to buy clause????? How is that pathetic?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I dont think we know a fraction of what went on over the last year.

Never really liked Ivan but think something must have gone on for him to walk & not just Milan money. Would love to know the truth about Arteta link for that week.
What i meant was the last few years, Wenger had problems on the pitch but between Ivan and **** Law they fvcked up the most

Vibra

Established Member

Even the new structure he put in place was praised as soon as it was put in place. No one waited 5 minutes to see how well it would even work.

He negotiated some awful commercial deals during his tenure too. Gazidis would negotiate a shirt deal in 2014 to put us on par with what Chelsea got in 2010 and get called a genius for doing so. When other teams renegotiated their deals in 2015 and again blew us out of the water.

I think for a long time most of our revenue came from match day income. At a greater percentage than every other club in the league. Which showed that we were massively underperforming on the commercial front because if we had the same percentage of revenue from commercial deals that other teams had, our financial situation would have looked a lot healthier.

Bald charlatan who did nothing but hide behind the boss and up stakes and ran the second he had to stand on his own two feet.

Yeah this puzzled me aswell. He took over, oversaw a slow and steady regression and then ****ed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom