• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He must be absolutely fatigued. I don't think he played this many games with West Ham and he never gets a rest. An excellent player at 6, but he's only very good at 8. I'm not worried about him, but we need to get a good back up like Onana. Our squad is full of players like ESR, Viera, Partey, Jorginho who are all a level below the Rices and Rodris whereas City's back-ups are half a level below. That's something we'll correct over time.
Partey at his best is definitely not below any of those guys. Injuries might have started catching up to him plus his nocturnal activities

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we don't win something this season, then I will be openly cheering against England in the summer.

No way I am having a guy win West Ham's first trophy in 43 years, England's first since 1966...but in-between that have him lose us the title by getting bodied by a ****ing goblin in John McGinn, all while getting called better than Patrick Vieira and Gilberto Silva ffs.

I have standards!

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

What is this mentality? 0-0 in minute 75 and take the draw in a crucial must win at Home to help us go ahead of City by point, but let's the draw instead/? Liverpool lost and we had a golden chance to be above them too but we blew it.

Very poor choice of words from Rice, will he want to take a draw too if we go away to Wolves, Old Trafford and Sp**s and play Chelsea next week at the Emirates if the scoreline remains 0-0 once again at minute 75 during a title race?

A draw is a loss at this stage, we could not afford to draw games after Arteta took the mick with the first half of the season with Havertz midfield experiment and screwing up 16 points in the process.

We dropped 6/9 points drawing to Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton and the title challenge collapsed, City loss at the Etihad was just the stark reminder of that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Outmatched in a midfield that did not contain Kamara and Douglas Luiz.

Earlier this week outmatched by a midfield consisting of Goretzka and Laimer and did not contain their best midfielder and top 4 player of their season, the young Pavlovic.

Seems I run into your nonsense over and over again.

When teams look to sit and play in a midblock, our entire system struggles. Why do you think we were able to get balls directly into Saka and Havertz in both of the Bayern and Villa games?

If you look at the Saka penalty shout at the end of the Bayern game, you see that it once again came from a direct ball from deep, bypassing the congested midfield.

Rice, like the others in our team are troubled when they have to play against a tight block, like any top team out there. The key is to open up that block by taking away the draw/winning position and get into a winning position yourself. Once we did that in the second half the game against Bayern became stretched and big chances were opened up on both ends.

Look at the bigger picture, the game state as well. Not just individual performances on its own.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't wanna make excuses for him as I think he was found wanting when we needed to attack more but he looked cream crackered by the 50th minute, blowing chunks by the hour. There was one move where Musiala did a swivel and Rice just swung a very tired leg slowly towards the ball and missed the tackle by about 2 minutes. I said weeks ago that we need another supplementary profile to Rice but I didn't think it would be so soon that this would show itself!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m not having him. For 105 million I want more than work rate. In a game like today it’s so obvious how limited he is technically and speed of thought.

fute

Don't wanna make excuses for him as I think he was found wanting when we needed to attack more but he looked cream crackered by the 50th minute, blowing chunks by the hour. There was one move where Musiala did a swivel and Rice just swung a very tired leg slowly towards the ball and missed the tackle by about 2 minutes. I said weeks ago that we need another supplementary profile to Rice but I didn't think it would be so soon that this would show itself!

Why does he need so much help?

First he needed Jorginho.

Now he needs a supplementary profile.

They say Saka needs competition.

Well Maybe Rice does too.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It was then clear he‘s not a 100m player and it is clearer today. Still he‘s a great player imo, and good enough for a title winning team. Hoping for a better partner in midfield in the summer.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Grossly out of form lately. Not going to discredit him because he was arguably our POTY prior to this, but pretty terrible timing.

Wengysaurus

Vital we find a partner in midfield for Rice. He cannot control or dictate a game. Need to play him as purely someone who breaks up play and gives the ball to someone who can play forward and find our forwards.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

When I say supplementary, I mean someone who can fill in so he doesn't need to play every single game ever. Competition if you will. People turned their noses up when I suggested that looking at Amadou Onana wasn't the worst idea.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Vital we find a partner in midfield for Rice. He cannot control or dictate a game. Need to play him as purely someone who breaks up play and gives the ball to someone who can play forward and find our forwards.
That someone needs to be solid defensively, too. Because just as Jorginho compensates for Rice offensively, so does Rice for Jorginho defensively. Can't have that. We lost the midfield battle to Bayern for this reason.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Pretty strange this place.

You have all these guys asking why Rice needs Jorginho and why he looks tired without realising it’s the same fking question they just have it backwards.

It’s Jorginho that needs Rice just as much as the other way round. The amount of ground Rice has to cover to make up for Jorginho’s lack of mobility is mind boggling. When we’re up against teams with genuine threat and dribbling ability this deficiency is just laid bare.

We cannot afford to carry someone as immobile as latter day Jorgi for this long, he’s a great player but he is well past it and it’s a damning indictment of our squad building that we are where we are frankly.

Play Rice as God intended him to be played. At 6. And he will do just fine.

fute

When I say supplementary, I mean someone who can fill in so he doesn't need to play every single game ever. Competition if you will. People turned their noses up when I suggested that looking at Amadou Onana wasn't the worst idea.

People are overprotective of him. He is a hero for some, apparently.

It is weird to think of competition for him when 100 mill has been invested.

Oddly enough, the guy who Rice is eyeing take his spot as the captain, Ødegaard, is doing okay in terms of stamina.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In the summer I said growing up watching a lot of juve the player he is most similar is Marchisio. Just a solid hard worker with no real outstanding attribute outside of stamina

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People are overprotective of him. He is a hero for some, apparently.

It is weird to think of competition for him when 100 mill has been invested.

Oddly enough, the guy who Rice is eyeing take his spot as the captain, Ødegaard, is doing okay in terms of stamina.
He's really good but he's not a perfect player. I think we need to be balanced in our critique. Not overly critical but not overprotective either.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom