• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Divings,

MK5

I’m sitting here listing to Talksport. They’re talking about divings and how to get them out of the game after Diouf’s dive last night against Blackburn.
Personally I hate divings, I think it’s the worst possible form of cheating and I can honestly say that I’ve never been as ashamed to be a Gooner as I was after Bergkamp’s dive against Coventry away 97/98, which saw their defender (can’t remember his name now, help me someone please! ) sent off.
I’d be more than happy if FA decided to introduce a 3 match ban on anyone caught diving by the cameras. What pisses me off though is that the English media only come out and start talking about how horrible the divings are when it’s foreigners who are caught doing it. Last time Talk sport had the topic on board it was after Paddys dive at Anfield. If the English media and FA really want divings out of the game they should start to sort players like Rooney out instead of ignoring it as soon as it’s an English player or someone who happens to play for there favourite club from Manchester.

Henry IV

The English media are really hypocritical. The likes of Owen, Shearer and Rooney have been diving for years but the media always focus on the foreign players.

kanuuu

Established Member
What pisses me off though is that the English media only come out and start talking about how horrible the divings are when it’s foreigners who are caught doing it. Last time Talk sport had the topic on board it was after Paddys dive at Anfield. If the English media and FA really want divings out of the game they should start to sort players like Rooney out instead of ignoring it as soon as it’s an English player or someone who happens to play for there favourite club from Manchester.

I completely agree with that, the fact that Rooney dived and ****ed us over was made even worse when in the press everyone completely ignored it, after Pires dived it was everywhere, discusions about cheating on all the footie programmes etc, but when Rooney dived, the press just talked us being bad losers, didn't hear them having a go at harry Redknapp when he complained at the Pires dive. :roll:

MK5

I'm happy to see that people are agreeing with me :wink: .
Just think about what a fantastic chance FA had, They could not have been given a better opportunity to set an example than when Rooney dived against us, especially since the fat pig got up smiled like if he'd done something good.
Because I want to show that I'm not just a biased fan who are calling for Arsenal to get advantages though I’ll tell you that I think a 3 match ban (or maybe even longer) should have been given to Bergy as well after that dive I mentioned earlier :roll:

Unbeaten

I really hate when people dive, it was fking hilarious when Rooney dived there was not a word said about it (not as I can remember).

The pizza throwing thing was just a PR stunt from Manure to get negative focus on Arsenal, and not on them selfs.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
MK5 said:
I’m sitting here listing to Talksport. They’re talking about divings and how to get them out of the game after Diouf’s dive last night against Blackburn.
Personally I hate divings, I think it’s the worst possible form of cheating and I can honestly say that I’ve never been as ashamed to be a Gooner as I was after Bergkamp’s dive against Coventry away 97/98, which saw their defender (can’t remember his name now, help me someone please! ) sent off.

I personally feel that Robert Pires' "effort" was far worse, but the defender you're talking about shares my name, it's Paul Williams.

MK5

OneteaminLondon said:
MK5 said:

I personally feel that Robert Pires' "effort" was far worse, but the defender you're talking about shares my name, it's Paul Williams.

Paul Williams, That's it ! Thanks !
Do you mean Pires penalty against Pompey? In that case, I disagree. It was awful I admit that but at least it was something you can see almost every week. Players who can't reach the ball and instead are trying to get a penalty, Bergy was outside the penalty area and deliberately got Williams sent off, that's just simply disgusting imo!

Really don't know why I had to drag this old story up again, bloody Diouf and talksport !! :)

Canuck

Established Member
One of the most embarassing (well the only one actually) things about being a football fan in north america. You often get the response..."Oh ya, that's the game where all the fairys fall on the ground and pretend they're hurt."

"Oh ya, and I suppose you're a wrestling fan... :roll: " is my usual response.

koivu

Canuck said:
One of the most embarassing (well the only one actually) things about being a football fan in north america. You often get the response..."Oh ya, that's the game where all the fairys fall on the ground and pretend they're hurt."

"Oh ya, and I suppose you're a wrestling fan... :roll: " is my usual response.

Yeah, always get stick for that back home. I remember the Rivaldo one in the WC in South Korea/Japan, classic stuff.

kanuuu

Established Member
Do you mean Pires penalty against Pompey? In that case, I disagree. It was awful I admit that but at least it was something you can see almost every week. Players who can't reach the ball and instead are trying to get a penalty, Bergy was outside the penalty area and deliberately got Williams sent off, that's just simply disgusting imo!

I agree with that as well, players diving to get a penalty is bad, but when you see players dive just to get another man sent off it's disgusting, Rivaldo in the world cup 2002 is the best example, Makelele last season against Monaco where that greek bloke patted him on the head and he went down like he'd been shot was bas as well, how has he not got a reputation for diving?

Mark

Established Member
Yeah the English media are awful. Remember Lee Bowyer's dive against us at SJP? I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember it because it has not been mentioned by the media once!

Only foreign players dive. :roll:

karan kansal

Remember Matt Holland's dive at the Valley. Went down and argues with the ref that it was penalty. Paolo the ass Di canio scored that penalty. We equalised through an Henry Freekick but the media had nothing to say about Holland.
They used careful words like 'dubious' or 'someitmes you get them, sometimes you don't'.
That saint alan curbishley also claimed that it was a clear penalty and they accuse Wenger of "not seeing".
Absolutely no media coverage. NO frame by frame analysis by the **** over at the ****e Sports.

Chips&CurrySauce

No one likes diving, but it is annoying that certain players get slammed constantly (Pires) when there are far worst offenders. Scholes and Rooney are always lloking to dive but god forbid the English media acccuse these 2 of being cheats, instead lets drag up the Pires incident which was a year and half ago.....

As for giving a 3 match ban, based on video evidence, well you just can't do that.. If the ref sees a dive he can only give you a yellow card, so how can you get a 3 match ban based on video evidence... Its typical knee jerk reaction from Talkshite!

Jkreffer

Established Member
As much as it would be good to take diving out of the game, I can't see it happening. I just cannot see anyway in which the FA could effectively eradicate it completely.
Sad but true.

MK5

Chips&CurrySauce said:
As for giving a 3 match ban, based on video evidence, well you just can't do that.. If the ref sees a dive he can only give you a yellow card, so how can you get a 3 match ban based on video evidence... Its typical knee jerk reaction from Talkshite!

At the moment it can't happen but I'm calling for FA to introduce the rule. Players would simply not risk diving even for a penalty then. That's what I think anyway :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom