• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Djené Dakonam

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good one, okay, although haven't seen him much myself. But surely you're wrong about his price.

Brighton stayed in EPL and want to in the future. No need to sell important player for cheap who is HG (?), has contract until 2023 and has two full seasons in EPL at 27 years old as CB.

You can compare him to someone like Stones maybe, although he was much younger. Anyone else? Maguire is different as Hull wasn't in EPL. Prices have gone up especially in EPL.
Can’t compare him to Stones at all. Stones was regarded as the new Rio Ferdinand or the best young up and coming CB, always linked with Utd, City, Chelsea etc. Dunk has had no hype, hasn’t been picked for England and isn’t linked with any major club.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I’ve been more impressed with Coady and Boly from Wolves this season. I think either one of them would be worth a punt.

They look good in an extremely well organised team, in a back 5 with 3 defensive midfielders in front of them. I would stick my neck out and say Boly is by far the better of the 2 but he is a level below Mustafi who I think is our worst central defender!

Which raises the point of how difficult it is to really judge defenders. It is so hard when so much of how solid a defence looks is system, organisation and how much attacking intent the team infront of the defence has.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can’t compare him to Stones at all. Stones was regarded as the new Rio Ferdinand or the best young up and coming CB, always linked with Utd, City, Chelsea etc. Dunk has had no hype, hasn’t been picked for England and isn’t linked with any major club.

Are you related to Dunk or something man? Don’t think I’ve ever seen you push for someone so hard :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’ve been more impressed with Coady and Boly from Wolves this season. I think either one of them would be worth a punt.

I like both as well, but of the two I'd much rather have Boly. He's bigger, stronger, better in the air and good playing the ball out of the back. Really solid player with no real weaknesses in his game. He's a couple of years older than Coady, but I think he could slide right into Arsenal's back line and hit the ground running.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are you related to Dunk or something man? Don’t think I’ve ever seen you push for someone so hard :lol:

:lol:

Makes too much sense, good age, good couple of years, knows the league, Brexit defender who’ll put his head and body on the line, pashun and shouldn’t be too expensive.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Good one, okay, although haven't seen him much myself. But surely you're wrong about his price.

Brighton stayed in EPL and want to in the future. No need to sell important player for cheap who is HG (?), has contract until 2023 and has two full seasons in EPL at 27 years old as CB.

You can compare him to someone like Stones maybe, although he was much younger. Anyone else? Maguire is different as Hull wasn't in EPL. Prices have gone up especially in EPL.

I think its a bit difficult when you are a lower club to ask for ridiculous fees unless the player is and has been amazing and young/potential.

The player is always going to want to move as the level jump/pay etc is huge and its somewhat difficult for Brighton to convince them otherwise, they can't match the wages, they can't say they will compete, they can't provide European football, they can't even promise to be in the league the next year, they can't have it drag on as they need to get in their own targets.

Fees such as £30-40mil are also huge to lesser clubs when they shop in different tiers to us, they may get 2-3 players for that.

The market has changed for the big boys, the lesser teams still do business very differently.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good point, I was in a hurry so only those transfers came to mind.

Anyway the main point is that Premier League spot is worth quite much. How much is it actually?

EPL teams don't want to sell most important players for cheap, especially if they have long contract. You can see the same with Zaha.

If Dunk is better than Mustafi, I think they won't sell him under 40 millions in current market. Manolas is 36 millions only because of his release clause.

drippin

I think its a bit difficult when you are a lower club to ask for ridiculous fees unless the player is and has been amazing and young/potential.

The player is always going to want to move as the level jump/pay etc is huge and its somewhat difficult for Brighton to convince them otherwise, they can't match the wages, they can't say they will compete, they can't provide European football, they can't even promise to be in the league the next year, they can't have it drag on as they need to get in their own targets.

Fees such as £30-40mil are also huge to lesser clubs when they shop in different tiers to us, they may get 2-3 players for that.

The market has changed for the big boys, the lesser teams still do business very differently.

Good points. Still the markets in EPL have inflated (and importance in money to stay there gone up) in recent years so tough to say how much they want now for important players with long contracts. For Zaha they want 100 million when he is worth 60-70 million maybe?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Good points. Still the markets in EPL have inflated (and importance in money to stay there gone up) in recent years so tough to say how much they want now for important players with long contracts. For Zaha they want 100 million when he is worth 60-70 million maybe?

I think the Zaha situation is very different, he is an attacker, there main threat and just signed a bumper deal.

Palace are also a bit further along than Brighton, there is also a reason they want £100mil publicly; its so they eventually accept £60mil and don't have to bother negotiating up from £40mil as their starting point will be higher.

Palace will sell for around £60mil I'd imagine but thats just my guess.

I think Dunk is gettable at £30mil or even less.

drippin

I think the Zaha situation is very different, he is an attacker, there main threat and just signed a bumper deal.

Palace are also a bit further along than Brighton, there is also a reason they want £100mil publicly; its so they eventually accept £60mil and don't have to bother negotiating up from £40mil as their starting point will be higher.

Palace will sell for around £60mil I'd imagine but thats just my guess.

I think Dunk is gettable at £30mil or even less.

Yeah, well said. Might be likely. I don't know about Dunk, so dunno if he is worth that sum. The suggestion was that he is better than Mustafi and Manolas. I'd rather go Manolas this year with our budget. He has good experience and needs new challenge similar to Sokratis.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, well said. Might be likely. I don't know about Dunk, so dunno if he is worth that sum. The suggestion was that he is better than Mustafi and Manolas. I'd rather go Manolas this year with our budget.

Hah I'm on the fence with Manolas, I think he could be a waste of money.

My only hope with Manolas is the Greek connection and if they can form a stubborn wall.

Either way we definitely need to do something and the guy the thread is about I don't know enough about.

drippin

Hah I'm on the fence with Manolas, I think he could be a waste of money.

My only hope with Manolas is the Greek connection and if they can form a stubborn wall.

Either way we definitely need to do something and the guy the thread is about I don't know enough about.

Yeah Manolas is not cheapest, but also not expensive. Anyway tough to get similar experience CB. Even Dunk has only 2 seasons in EPL, Djene has 2 seasons in La Liga I think. Buying a CB is a gamble anyway, but usually experienced ones make less mistakes. Mustafi can always happen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So if we are very interested and his release clause is 35M that mean our budget is not 40M.
th

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Honestly don't care who we sign this summer, let's take this 5'9 CB f*ck it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom