• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Does Wenger deserve a statue at the Emirates?

say yes

forum master baiter
Ridiculous thread.

Of course he deserves a statue. On every level he's the best manager the EPL has ever seen. Points/£ spent, Ave league postion/£ spent, honours/£ spent, . . . and most charisma, most loved by the football world, best Arsenal manager stats of all time.

Build it big. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we shall remember him.
giphy.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As good as Ferguson was, he wasn't in Wenger's class.

During the years they competed together 1996 to 2013

Arsenal spending after sales £30m, Av pts 73.5, Av league pos 2.6

United spending after sales £340m, Av pts 82.7, Av league pos 1.6

United had to spend over 11 times what Arsenal spent to beat Wenger, and he wasn't far behind.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How Wenger achieved that level of success on that bottom of the table spend is beyond belief.

By 2013 frustrated fans were turning on him for lack of consistency and 4th isn't a trophy etc , not to mention comparing him to Ferguson. They knew nothing about how football works.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wonder where everyone would put Arsène in their lists of best ever Premiership managers...

For me it would be Ferguson first, Arsène second, then a bit of a gap down to whoever would be in third...Arsène had such an impact on the game in England, would put him significantly clear of the likes of Mourinho if we just focus on the English league.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Wonder where everyone would put Arsène in their lists of best ever Premiership managers...

For me it would be Ferguson first, Arsène second, then a bit of a gap down to whoever would be in third...Arsène had such an impact on the game in England, would put him significantly clear of the likes of Mourinho if we just focus on the English league.
In terms of who the most influential manger was, I would put Wenger first SAF second.

Wenger completely changed the English game from a chore to art

In terms of who the best was? I'd say SAF.

say yes

forum master baiter

I’d have Wenger second, with Mourinho a close third behind him. Not sure about where to rate Klopp and Guardiola yet.

It goes without saying that Ferguson is miles ahead of everyone in 1st.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For me it would be Ferguson first, Arsène second, then a bit of a gap down to whoever would be in third..
This is basically it tbh.

The spend stick some used to try beat Ferguson with just isn’t enough to put Wenger above, Ferguson was just too successful for too long. Adapted better than any other manager too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mourinho won everything at Chelsea but the football was dreadful when you consider he was playing fantasy football.

Pep has won a few titles but is it average going considering he has guys on the bench who are worth 70M each?

Maybe Pep should be ahead of Klopp in my list above.

Wenger won the double soon after coming, playing great football, then pushed the Utd treble team, and then went unbeaten a few years later, doing the double again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
With Ferguson, you can argue until Jose and Chelsea, nobody could compete with him financially. That’s a huge advantage for him, from the mid to late 80’s all the way to early 2000’s.

Riou

What about the likes of Moyes and Redknapp, managers who didn't really well at "smaller" clubs.

Bobby Robson is a fav of mine, but aswell as he did briefly at Newcastle doesn't have the longevity...in the Premier League era, obviously an all round great manager.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What about the likes of Moyes and Redknapp, managers who didn't really well at "smaller" clubs.

Bobby Robson is a fav of mine, but aswell as he did briefly at Newcastle doesn't have the longevity...in the Premier League era, obviously an all round great manager.
David Moyes did a good job at Everton. But you could argue that he good players his disposal and they performed more or less According to their spend.

Redknapp only had two good seasons at Sp**s Immediately he was tipped for the England job everything went downhill.

His Sp**s team is better than Poch's team. Their football was miles ahead of Poch's. They took a few scalps in the CL too

Last edited:

Riou

David Moyes did a good job at Everton. But you could argue that he good players his disposal and they performed more or less According to their spend.

Redknapp only had two good seasons. Immediately he was tipped for the England job everything went downhill.

His Sp**s team is better than Poch's team. Their football was miles ahead of Poch's. They took a few scalps in the CL too

Harry's time at West Ham was brilliant too, brought through some top players...won the FA Cup at Pompy too which was very impressive, though one could argue he also help destroy the club :lol:

Moyes was fantastic at Everton, all he was missing was a trophy...basically ruined himself by taking over an incredibly aging United team that didn't suit him at all, but deserves to be held in high regard regardless imo.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Just saw that thread.....How can that even be a question? o_O
We should be instead asking ourselves that question "When will the Wenger statue be unveiled"? I would not mind calling the Stadium the Arsène Arena either.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You can't even be serious.

There are plenty of managers spending 10 or 11 times what teams at the bottom of the table have to spend who can win trophies . . . Ferguson, Pep, Mourinho etc. these are good managers.

But what Wenger achieved with his spend for those 17 years of rivaling Ferguson was f***ing ridiculous. No manager anywhere on the planet has even come close to that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It goes without saying that Ferguson is miles ahead of everyone in 1st.
:lol: He wasn't even in the same ballpark as Wenger. If Ferguson had had Wenger's spend for even a few years, we'd never even had heard of him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom