• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dutch squad for Euro 2004

Arjan

The selection for the Dutch squad for Euro 2004 is:

Goal: Edwin van der Sar (Fulham), Ronald Waterreus (PSV), Sander Westerveld (Real Sociedad).

Defence: Frank de Boer (Glasgow Rangers), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Johnny Heitinga (Ajax), Michael Reiziger (Barcelona), Jaap Stam (Lazio Roma).

Midfield: Mark van Bommel (PSV), Phillip Cocu (Barcelona), Edgar Davids (Barcelona), Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax), Boudewijn Zenden (Middlesbrough).

Attack: Pierre van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahce), Patrick Kluivert (Barcelona), Roy Makaay (Bayern München), Andy van der Meyde (Internazionale), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Marc Overmars (Barcelona), Arjen Robben (PSV).

Standby: Jerrel Hasselbaink (Chelsea), Mario Melchiot (Chelsea), Paul Bosvelt (Manchester City) en André Ooijer (PSV).

Yawn, this is as predicted extremly conservative.
the 23 internationals have played 943 international matches in total!!!
The avarage age of the squad is 47 :wink: . (**** Advocaat not included)

It is for Frank de Boer and for Edwin van der Sar their 5! tournament.

No risks taken, No RvP, no Nigel de Jong.
It is basicly the same squad that screwed up the WC98 and Euro 2000.

Adam

Established Member
Now RVP hasn't made this one - i hope Reyes makes the Spanish squad.

This Dutch squad is strong, but you feel the spine is not as solid as France and other nations.

Arjan

Adam said:

This Dutch squad is strong, but you feel the spine is not as solid as France and other nations.

And the morale, France enter the tournament as winners, whereas Holland enter the tournament as (penalty shoot out) losers.

JazzG

Established Member
Arjan said:
No risks taken, No RvP, no Nigel de Jong.
It is basicly the same squad that screwed up the WC98 and Euro 2000.

Don't forget they had the dutch master Bergkamp then! He used to be brilliant for Holland.

Adam said:

I doubt Reyes will tbh, he has to fight it out with Luque as Vicente pretty much has his place. Luque is having a great season for Deportivo and with Reyes moving abroad and still settling in I doubt he will get a place :(

thegame24

Established Member
They gotta play Overmars, i seriously never understand why they dont start him. they put ****ty zenden infront

KingReyes

Established Member
Just like the other national squads very predicatable. They are very stron offensively. Who do you think will start up front?

JazzG

Established Member
thegame24 said:
They gotta play Overmars, i seriously never understand why they dont start him. they put ****ty zenden infront

Overmars isn't the player he once was, the Marc Overmars at Barca imo is a pale shadow of the Marc Overmars at Arsenal. Zendon seems to do well for Holland whenever I've seen him :eek:ops:

Sammer

Established Member
Strong midfield, strong attack and great creative players.

Let´s see if **** can get some team spirit in this dutch team....

Arjan

Sammer said:
Strong midfield, strong attack and great creative players.

Let´s see if **** can get some team spirit in this dutch team....

Holland have 2 coaches, **** Advocaat and Willem van Hanegem.
The team spirit is Willem's part.

patrick42uk

Established Member
IMO all the squads being named are strong. i'm really looking forward to this tournament, so many good teams so many big names. despite helder postiga being in the squad, portugal are still my favorites.

who doesnt rate zenden? IMO he is class. quality left foot and he and mendieta have epitomized everything good about boro this season.

unfortunately reyes will not be going to euro 2004. RVP was probably never in contention for the dutch either considering its been almost half a year since he started a game.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
who doesnt rate zenden?

He has had a good season but in the past he has been rubbish especially for Chelsea, so people are baffled as to why he keeps getting in the squad. This season he has been good at Boro but look at the players around him, apart from Juninho and Mendieta the rest are average imo.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
patrick42uk said:
who doesnt rate zenden?

He has had a good season but in the past he has been rubbish especially for Chelsea, so people are baffled as to why he keeps getting in the squad. This season he has been good at Boro but look at the players around him, apart from Juninho and Mendieta the rest are average imo.

especially at chelsea? you are judging him based on his first season in the premiership? as an arsenal fan with the experience of our players you should know better. even the most talented players need at least a year to adjust to the premiership. i'v always rated zenden before he came to england. i'm a fan of left footed players and he's been one of my favorites.

JazzG

Established Member
He had 2 seasons at Chelsea didn't he? Didn't impress in either whenever I saw him. Not saying he isn't a good player but got the impression just like with Veron maybe this league just wasn't for him but he has done well at Boro.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom