• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When you look at the bench, our attacking options are Martinelli and Nelson. Makes sense to want another out and out striker. Even if he is young.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Keeping him was the smartest thing we've done. Whats the point of loan if he warms the bench for a bum like Bamford?
As we progress in EL, Arteta will want to have Nketiah to cover for PL as games in that competition will become more meaningless for us and we will be fighting to win EL.
If he does well, the club would be in a good position to get rid of Auba/Laca and invest in other areas.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Laca isn’t even linked with a move away ffs, where is he going? Arsenal and Arteta are probably banking on the EL to save their season and Laca is vital for that.

Pepes blue pill

Don't even see a down side tbh, he might get less first team football than if he was loaned but he will get to train with other strikers who he can learn a lot from....also gives Arteta plenty of time to have a good look at what he can do and if he will be part of the squad next season

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Agreed and Nelson is weak, don't think he will make it here.
Can't see Nketiah making it here either if I'm being honest. I feel like youngesters need to have at least some nebulas excitement about them from the get go if they're going to have any chance of making it. Don't see that with either Nelson or Nketiah. Saka yeah so he's a maybe. Think the other two will go the way of Akpom, Lansbury, JET etc....

Mraven

Am i being paranoid to think that Laca is on his way out this window?

Optimistic I would say. There is no point keeping Lacazette anymore as the league isn’t relevant anymore and he offers nothing in important cup matches. Why not give the youth a chance?

Eddie should have have gone out on loan at least until the summer, to say he didnt get playtime is true, but if he was that awesome he would have got more playtime even with Bielsa.
No we should have loaned him out to another club to get him gametime and hopefully he could become a better scorer..

He is not gona have much playtime here and if he gets it it will only be because we have a weak and tiny squad not because Eddie is a feared striker..
Does someone think he would have gotten playtime in Leicester? They have less strikers then Arsenal, but he would not get it...
I belive that summs up what Arsenal is nowdays...

Afro Mugo

Can't see Nketiah making it here either if I'm being honest. I feel like youngesters need to have at least some nebulas excitement about them from the get go if they're going to have any chance of making it. Don't see that with either Nelson or Nketiah. Saka yeah so he's a maybe. Think the other two will go the way of Akpom, Lansbury, JET etc....
Alex Iwobi played 150 games for Arsenal and he came out of nowhere, he didn't even star in youth leagues , he just had a half season scoring run when Akpom went on loan and he was played as a striker. Dan Crowley and Zelalem on the other hand were exciting etc. Chris Willock had that aura and excitement about him and it is AMN, the guy who quietly made his debut at 17 without catching any eye, went on loan played half a season and came back to play a full season with the u23s, who made it. Youngsters have different trajectories some set the world alight from the beginning others go through rough patches others just appear out of nowhere and slowly find a place .

Afro Mugo

Eddie should have have gone out on loan at least until the summer, to say he didnt get playtime is true, but if he was that awesome he would have got more playtime even with Bielsa.
No we should have loaned him out to another club to get him gametime and hopefully he could become a better scorer..

He is not gona have much playtime here and if he gets it it will only be because we have a weak and tiny squad not because Eddie is a feared striker..
Does someone think he would have gotten playtime in Leicester? They have less strikers then Arsenal, but he would not get it...
I belive that summs up what Arsenal is nowdays...
Harry Kane was a failure in 3 loans an came back to Sp**s played half a season under Sherwood and emerged the top scorer the next season. Barkley couldn't get a game on loan came back to Everton became their best player almost immediately. Don't judge a youngster from a championship loan . Nketiah is the top scorer in England in his age group domestically and in the national team . He would definitely get game time in any non top six PL team as a back up striker because they have very weak benches/squads despite some having very good first teams . Leicester has a good coach and first team but a very weak bench . He would definitely challenge Iheanacho or be back up to Ayoze as he can also play wide. There's nothing wrong in having a talented youngster and giving him gametime. You have to give a player the chance to prove himself .

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He got in behind a couple of times and offered an out ball. Without looking good, I liked having him and Martinelli up top.

Tom349

He was too eager to make an impact last night which led to poor decision and execution but as soon as he did come on we looked a lot more dangerous simply by Eddie trying to get on the end of things and getting into the box. Compare that to Lacazette who turns at snails pace and is far easier to deal with for defenders.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
What's funny ?

Your hot take.

A-Mers love ripping down our youth players to build up the next in line, so it isnt surprising, but all Eddie has does pretty damn well whenever he’s been given the chance with the first team with meaningful minutes.

PEA is banned and Laca’s form is on the floor, so it made total sense to keep Eddie as he’s the most experienced striker to draft in between the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom