• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

England U21 captain and a very impressive goal record at youth level. If he gets a few more goals in the league this season I think we'll get a decent fee for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are one or two more Saka's in there and plenty of other academies. Where do they get the unconditional game time at high level though?

If we didn't lose both Tierney and Kolasinac last season or if Chelsea got to spend in the transfer market - you don't get a Saka, simple as.

This is why we didn't get our Gnabry.

You send them out on loan, probably to a championship team and go from there.

I think with Saka you saw straight away he was ready for the first team, he firstly showed the technical ability, but more importantly had the character to impose his style on the team. I dont think Nelson/Willock/Smith Rowe for example have that at the minute. They all need a loan to the championship where the onus is on them to win their team games, it will help a lot with their development imo.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I think he is a player, where a loan could really help.

And not talking about Championsship or Premier League. A loan to France or Germany would be fine, he needs to produce his quality from youth football into a Top League and this will only work with games every week.
It's a shame his loan to Fortuna Dusseldorf didn't materialse last season. I reckon he would've been a starter and played most of the season rather then being backup to Bamford for 5 months. I reckon a team like Bielefeld or Freiburg from January onwards would be a good fit

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why's it always the academy players who get the most abuse from this fanbase, it was the same case when Iwobi was here? AMN has got some ridiculous abuse in the past. I don't even know what he's done to warrant this abuse, since he's come back from Leeds he's done reasonable well all things considered.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's disgusting to abuse players. No need for it. We can restrict our lamenting about how average or sh*t they are to AM. Now if @GDeep™ or @Trilly are on socials then obviously do what's warranted.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Some of the criticism this kid gets is way over the line in general.

Not every youngster is a Saka type that bursts onto the scene immediately. In fact he's an anomaly. I'm not comparing them as talents but Kane was a nothing player till he was 21. Young players progress at different rates.

Eddie's done very well so far all things considered. He's cemented himself in the first team squad, scored a few goals and may very well push Laca out of the side permanently in the not too distant future. He's England's all time under 21's scorer too don't forget.

People hype Balogun for a 10 minute cameo. I agree he's a talent, but Eddie shouldn't be slept on either just because he's not the fresh new toy everyone wants to play with.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Some of the criticism this kid gets is way over the line in general.

Not every youngster is a Saka type that bursts onto the scene immediately. In fact he's an anomaly. I'm not comparing them as talents but Kane was a nothing player till he was 21. Young players progress at different rates.

Eddie's done very well so far all things considered. He's cemented himself in the first team squad, scored a few goals and may very well push Laca out of the side permanently in the not too distant future. He's England's all time under 21's scorer too don't forget.

People hype Balogun for a 10 minute cameo. I agree he's a talent, but Eddie shouldn't be slept on either.

how fast we forget how sensational Eddie's debut was.

Vibra

Established Member
You want to give them a chance and we can still sell if he doesn't perform on a required level. What's the issue with that?

I understand why he's being picked and didn't mean it as a rhetorical question. I don't remember another time a young talent rated this highly had no parts of his game that stood out to me but people have been hyping him up for a few years now so I'm wondering whether they're seeing something I'm not or if they're just looking at his youth stats

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lots of fat gents with some pints under their belt being internet heroes. Not pointing fingers...

Gooner1988TK

I understand why he's being picked and didn't mean it as a rhetorical question. I don't remember another time a young talent rated this highly had no parts of his game that stood out to me but people have been hyping him up for a few years now so I'm wondering whether they're seeing something I'm not or if they're just looking at his youth stats

Those same people used to hype Akpom.

It’s a recurring theme for any celebrity on social media tbh. Nothing to do with Arsenal (though sports fans in general are the worst).

Too many ****s in the world.

I sometimes read the comments under Kylie Jenner when she is advertising her new cosmetics and everyone is so mean to her and I'm just one man army replying to everyone "no guys, leave her alone, please guys!".

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Those same people used to hype Akpom.

Akpom was more talented though. Nketiah doesn't have any stand out attributes. Nothing wrong with saying he simply isn't good enough for this level, and that is Arsenal as a team that finished 8th. People used to **** on Iwobi more than they have for any current youth and Iwobi was playing for an Arsenal team in the champions league and still finishing top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom