• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If Akpom was more talented then Eddie he would still be here right now.

The striker situation was even more dire when he was here.

Have a word.

Once Eddie leaves, which seems the likely outcome, he won't need to go to the Belgium league for games.
Nketiah has no talent at all. Being more talented than nketiah doesn’t mean enough for the arsenal standard.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nketiah has no talent at all. Being more talented than nketiah doesn’t mean enough for the arsenal standard.

Nketiah already has a better career than Akpom in youth and senior levels and will likely have one overall given his head start.

Thats not down to luck, it's a mixture of talent and hard work. Our striker situation was absolutely dire when he was here and Akpom didn't even manage a run of games despite Wenger being at the helm.

But I'm not surprised, your definition on talent is incredibly narrow minded that unless a player has a 87+ skills raring on fifa or fm you won't bother.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nketiah already has a better career than Akpom in youth and senior levels and will likely have one overall given his head start.

Thats not down to luck, it's a mixture of talent and hard work. Our striker situation was absolutely dire when he was here and Akpom didn't even manage a run of games despite Wenger being at the helm.

But I'm not surprised, your definition on talent is incredibly narrow minded that unless a player has a 87+ skills raring on fifa or fm you won't bother.
It’s luck and hard work for nketiah.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I don’t even play video games.
And also, it’s not only about skills. Intelligent passing play and many other attributes are also important.

For example, Iniesta’s and busquets’ talents are not limited to just dribbling skills/close control. Their intelligent teamwork passing play, their patient build up movement are great attributes to have.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If Akpom was more talented then Eddie he would still be here right now.

The striker situation was even more dire when he was here.

Have a word.

Once Eddie leaves, which seems the likely outcome, he won't need to go to the Belgium league for games.
Greek league, but close enough I guess.

I'm telling you (not you, everyone else!), you are all SEVERELY underrating Nketiah :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Greek league, but close enough I guess.

I'm telling you (not you, everyone else!), you are all SEVERELY underrating Nketiah :lol:

He was loan to a Belgium club no? Could've swore...

Still, it's clear that there are levels between Eddie and other academy graduates from Akpoms time that were more """""""talent"""""" than Eddie.

Thats not saying I think he'll make it here (or not) but people are too dismissive of attackers playing in this team.

Eddie on a Wengerball team would e a different player. As would be Auba, Nelson, hell even William.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was loan to a Belgium club no? Could've swore...

Still, it's clear that there are levels between Eddie and other academy graduates from Akpoms time that were more """""""talent"""""" than Eddie.

Thats not saying I think he'll make it here (or not) but people are too dismissive of attackers playing in this team.

Eddie on a Wengerball team would e a different player. As would be Auba, Nelson, hell even William.
Nketiah beat out the likes of Malen for first team football. Mavididi was a better technical player and Nketiah persevered ahead of him too. Yes, it was hard work for him, but he doesn't just get where he is with no talent. This is a kid who has good acceleration, excellent positioning and movement in behind (something I've heard people say he isn't good at which is extremely inaccurate). That his finishing hasn't quite translated to first team football for Arsenal is just a matter of confidence and composure at this level, something I'm almost certain will come. Whether his style of play is conducive to our success is another story and I think that will play a bigger part in him potentially leaving rather than any perceived "lack of quality".

I'm very certain that Nketiah will go onto be at least a very good PL striker.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We just keep going in circles. Players like Xhaka, Ceballos, Nketiah, Mustafi, Luiz, Cedric, Bellerin (still a defensive liability) Willian, Laca and El-neny (although he has been decent this season, still more of a squad option), none have a high upside.

Even at their best, they usually will give you a 7/10 performance. They are not game changers, most simply lack the physical and technical attributes needed to be good in the EPL.

It's even worse for a guy like Mustafi as he is also deficient mentally too. I am having serious doubts about Arteta, although I am not Arteta out, not even because of the losing, but just the stiff and robotic style of play.

Not flair or swagger whatsoever. But having these players in the squad does not help. Although we gotta put some of the blame on Arteta as he wanted Willian, Luiz and Cedric.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s comfortably gonna have a prem career, he’s England U21 record holder. A team not aiming for Europe will eventually take a chance and he will stop wasting his time here.

Or he’ll go to a championship team and come up with them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i like the way he always press win the ball cleanly not many strikers do that, very good ability to have good goal too but overall average game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Had another dogged display, was very involved throughout his time on the pitch and came out of it with a goal, but understandably overshadowed by the more talented Balogun. His spot looks that little bit more vulnerable but his perseverance will be key to keeping his place in the squad.

He has 18 months left on his deal so he'll probably fetch a cool £20m at least come Summer if Balogun signs. Wouldn't like to lose him but we have a real surplus of talent in his position.

Melquiades

You have to like his work rate and pace, and I think he's a smart player who knows where to be to poach goals ... but his first touch can be clunky, he isn't a shooting threat, and he's easily outmuscled because he's so thinly built.

I'm really cheering for him but it's hard to see him as a key squad player 2-3 years down the road. Especially when you look at Balogun in the same position and how stark the difference in class is.

But as mentioned above, he's put himself in the position where a low PL/ambitious Championship team will pay very nicely for him next summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You have to like his work rate and pace, and I think he's a smart player who knows where to be to poach goals ... but his first touch can be clunky, he isn't a shooting threat, and he's easily outmuscled because he's so thinly built.

I'm really cheering for him but it's hard to see him as a key squad player 2-3 years down the road. Especially when you look at Balogun in the same position and how stark the difference in class is.

But as mentioned above, he's put himself in the position where a low PL/ambitious Championship team will pay very nicely for him next summer.
He can easily get PL IMO. I just think it hasn't quite clicked for him yet in front of goal - once he really starts getting regular chances at goal and his composure returns, he'll be a great PL striker. Tough to see it happen at Arsenal right now, which I didn't think I would say going by how he had been developing at the beginning of the year. I just think we need something different at CF and the likes of Balogun offer it. Even Auba will soon be obsolete.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can pick holes in his game all you want, at the moment he's doing far better than our 350,000 a week striker and the sideshow Bob to his Krusty the clown in Lacazette.

He can easily get PL IMO. I just think it hasn't quite clicked for him yet in front of goal - once he really starts getting regular chances at goal and his composure returns, he'll be a great PL striker. Tough to see it happen at Arsenal right now, which I didn't think I would say going by how he had been developing at the beginning of the year. I just think we need something different at CF and the likes of Balogun offer it. Even Auba will soon be obsolete.

Yeah, we can't forget John-Jules either. But this is what we want, competition! Martinelli and then Möller who will probably be Arteta favorite:lol:. Then with Laca decline and fans demanding an instant replacement, we will most likely sign a player in this position.

I'm a huge fan of Nketiah and lets see how he progresses as the season move on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, we can't forget John-Jules either. But this is what we want, competition! Martinelli and then Möller who will probably be Arteta favorite:lol:. Then with Laca decline and fans demanding an instant replacement, we will most likely sign a player in this position.

I'm a huge fan of Nketiah and lets see how he progresses as the season move on.
It's just interesting to me. I remember saying we could lose both Laca and Auba and I'd still be quite content with our forward situation from a talent standpoint and people thought I was just sucking off Hale End as usual. Such an interesting stable of CF talent we have in Balogun, Martinelli, Nketiah, John-Jules and now Moller. How long will we be able to keep all of them?

Nketiah still has a lot in the tank so I'm not ready to write him off!

Melquiades

You can pick holes in his game all you want, at the moment he's doing far better than our 350,000 a week striker and the sideshow Bob to his Krusty the clown in Lacazette.

It's a bit different playing Dundalk and Molde than PL games. Lacazette was the best player on the pitch against Rapid Wien last week when given a start at this level and Nketiah hasn't done much with his PL opportunities.

That said, would I like to see Nketiah get a run of games in the 2nd half of this season to see if he can find his scoring touch at this level? Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom