• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Nketiah has no talent at all. Being more talented than nketiah doesn’t mean enough for the arsenal standard.

In every thread I tune into, its you - talking absolute rubbish while trying to present yourself as somehow being blessed with more knowledge than everyone else.

No Eddie doesn't have the technical ability as some of the other kids you mentioned. But ultimately, that's not a determiner of worth. Hachim Mastour was off the charts talent wise, but spent last season on the bench in Serie C.

Ultimately Eddie may not ever be a starter at this club, but he could easily turn into a valuable option.

Worth remembering in terms of career achievements by this age, Nketiah has done more than Shearer, Linker, Auba, Laca, Immobile etc not to mention lots of late flourishers like Vardy, Giroud, Wright etc, and not far behind Lewandowski.

The kid is a goal scorer, with a limited all round game, but if we had the midfield we had at timed with Giroud up front, he'd score 20 goals a season in rotation.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Agreed. Nketiah will have a good career.

He's as good as Afobe, maybe faster and more skillful than him. If he keeps working hard...
Better in the box than Benik ever was. Not as strong obviously, but Eddie is an excellent improvisational finisher and more importantly is excellent at finding the soft areas where goals are scored. Its not about technical ability so the likes of FM don't value it, but in terms of that 'skill' he's as good as anyone we've had at the club in a long time

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Got a nice little assist for Auba but I wasn't impressed today. This was an opportunity to prove he should be leading the line for Arsenal and I don't feel he did enough to suggest that. Need more from him, especially with Balogun beginning to breathe down his neck.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Nice flick on for the goal otherwise crap. His first touch is non-existent which is a big worry.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Useless today not Arsenal standard and if we had 10 more players like him starting we would be relegated.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Played more as a midfielder for some reason. Don't know what was the point of that if you have ESR already waiting for the same position. Of course, he was disappointing, but how can we judge him when he plays out of position

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Played more as a midfielder for some reason. Don't know what was the point of that if you have ESR already waiting for the same position. Of course, he was disappointing, but how can we judge him when he plays out of position
I just think we're in a position where we can't accommodate Nketiah's strengths right now. Tough spot to be in but even still I think we could have seen more from him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I just think we're in a position where we can't accommodate Nketiah's strengths right now. Tough spot to be in but even still I think we could have seen more from him.
Same here, he would probably enjoy playing for us 2006-2009 where midfielders were creating for fun and someone just needed to put the ball into the net. It's really hard to play for Arsenal these days, and I don't think he has some of the skills needed for that fight. The same thing happened at Leeds where Bamford had that physical advantage over him.
I still see him as a success simply because we will get decent money for him and he didn't do that bad on the pitch. We can move forward with Balogun and see how things work with him

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Same here, he would probably enjoy playing for us 2006-2009 where midfielders were creating for fun and someone just needed to put the ball into the net. It's really hard to play for Arsenal these days, and I don't think he has some of the skills needed for that fight. The same thing happened at Leeds where Bamford had that physical advantage over him.
I still see him as a success simply because we will get decent money for him and he didn't do that bad on the pitch. We can move forward with Balogun and see how things work with him
Yeah, writings on the wall for me. I still see him being a PL success in the right set-up.

REEVIE1995

Nice assist for the goal and some of his movement was very good but he didnt have loads to work with. We never tried to play him in over the top or flash a low cross across the box etc. The goal was the one time we worked it through the lines. If it wasnt for the red I felt Pepe was more likely to come off. Couple sloppy passes in places but I feel he should get another shot on Saturday over lacazette. 169 minutes in the league before today.

I think Nketiah is more than capable of becoming a 20 goal a season striker in the premier league in the next season or two but he needs someone like a Smith Rowe to be feeding him and a consistent run of games. I hope he gets it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Messed up an easy pass to Bukayo in the 1st half and instead passed it back to Ceballos. That and the assist were the only memorable things of his performance that I can think of. His inability to hold the ball up is surely giving Balogun an advantage here.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
People should stop judging based on just goal/assist. How is that a nice assist from nketiah?

Saka did all the work in that goal. Without Saka, the goal wouldn’t happened. What Saka did was way more important than the assisting pass/the finishing.

That’s why Saka is more talented than nketiah+auba+Laca. And that’s why the general build up play to break down opponent defence is much more important than assisting/scoring.

I have always been against the signing of auba/laca/Özil in the first place, and I don’t like nketiah/willock/niles, because they are all limited players who sucks at contributing in the general play.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't think anybody looks good in this side upfront, everyone's precious Balogun wouldn't do much either. He's not holding up the ball against Vestergaard and Bednarek.

I hope Arteta persists with Eddie, even if just for just a few more games. He should be given a fair shot before he is inevitably sold this summer.

Then again constantly reading predictable and regurgitated assessments of how "limited" the boy is over and over and over again, maybe he should just be buried under the bench.

REEVIE1995

People should stop judging based on just goal/assist. How is that a nice assist from nketiah?

Saka did all the work in that goal. Without Saka, the goal wouldn’t happened. What Saka did was way more important than the assisting pass/the finishing.

That’s why Saka is more talented than nketiah+auba+Laca. And that’s why the general build up play to break down opponent defence is much more important than assisting/scoring.

I have always been against the signing of auba/laca/Özil in the first place, and I don’t like nketiah/willock/niles, because they are all limited players who sucks at contributing in the general play.

The brilliant nature of Saka's run do not negate the other aspects of the goal. If Nketiah wasn't able to flick it between the Southanpton defenders we do not score. If Auba cant finish then we don't score. Saka doesn't just beat three players and the ref blows his whistle and points to the centre circle. As vital as the run is, it's not the only important aspect of the goal. You are allowed to give credit for multiple things and even to players you don't particularly rate if they do something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom