• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Wouldn't be happy if we already would give up on Eddie.

He impressed on every youth stage, you aren't doing that with no talent. He has shown more than Balogun at these levels, but everyone is talking, that we should keep Balogun for 100% and should sell Nketiah instead of this. Why?

Nketiah had to play in a team without an offensive system, all of our offensive players struggled before Smith Rowe (Auba, Laca, Pepe, Willian, Eddie).

Despite this, he already scored some important goals for us. For me it is to earlve to give up on him. But he needs game time and a loan would be perfect for him. Just playing every week in a Top League / Championsship will help him so much.

Even if he doesn't impress, we still can sell him for a similar fee in comparison to a fee we could get now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nice to see loads of you calling Eddie derogatory names and saying he's worth f-all, when he's done a **** load more than Brewster in his career who Liverpool got nearly £30m for.

Tbf Brewster was electric last year at Swansea and turned their season around.

Almost got them promoted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tbf Brewster was electric last year at Swansea and turned their season around.

Almost got them promoted.

I read the bolded part as "The Brewster" in my head, before realising you typed "tbf " ...thought you gave him a weird nickname for a minute and made myself chuckle, giving you a like because of this :lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not sure what the point of comparing him with Balogun is as Balogun's basically leaving but Balogun is two years younger so has had less time to show what he can do at the Arsenal.

As for stats, in terms of goals:

Balogun 2 from 5
Nketiah 10 from 51

If Eddie is a striker, and given everyone thinks poaching is his big strength rather than chance-creation or hold-up play etc, these figures (over four seasons when managers, formations and attacks have changed more than once) are simply not enough to justify a continued investment when it is still possible to get a decent fee for him.

Balogun could argue he hasn't been given a chance but Eddie's had over 50 games. That's a fair chance in my book.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah 50 games is more than fair tbh. Wouldn’t mind keeping him if Balogun goes, could explode out of nowhere but won’t sweat it if he leaves.

He will score goals now for us when we are creating chances.

Hopefully, Nketiah and his team are using this rumor to get a new bumper deal for 5 years!

wolfkidultman

He will score goals now for us when we are creating chances.

Hopefully, Nketiah and his team are using this rumor to get a new bumper deal for 5 years!

We’re creating chances with Lacazette playing in the team. Nketiah doesn’t quite have that ability to drop deep and bring others into play.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Getting good money for a player that's rarely featured is the way forward. Selling a player that cost 0 for 20m and reinvesting it improves our squad cost and gets us closer to 3rd ranked squad cost where we can really challenge for the league.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think it's a little misleading to judge Eddie by his games played to goals record at this stage of his career.

For example, he's played 13 PL games for us this season and scored 1 goal. Doesn't sound great.

In terms of minutes played the vast majority has been as a sub though. He's has played under 3.5 games in terms of actual game time in the PL this season. 310 minutes.

He's only played the full 90 for us in the PL twice in his career.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think it's a little misleading to judge Eddie by his games played to goals record at this stage of his career.

For example, he's played 13 PL games for us this season and scored 1 goal. Doesn't sound great.

In terms of minutes played the vast majority has been as a sub. He's has played under 3.5 games in terms of actual game time in the PL this season. 310 minutes.
I had a look at that myself. The number of minutes reflects the goals much better. His stats for England and the Premier League 2 are a much better snapshot.

If he goes he goes but I wouldn't write him off. Look at DCL a few seasons ago. If we sell him we need a massive sell on clause in there.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I am all for a sell-on clause but the statistical comparison with Balogun is useful to diss the idea they have both had similar chances at the Arsenal.

Goonger

I had a look at that myself. The number of minutes reflects the goals much better. His stats for England and the Premier League 2 are a much better snapshot.

If he goes he goes but I wouldn't write him off. Look at DCL a few seasons ago. If we sell him we need a massive sell on clause in there.

The difference with DCL is that he's always had the physicality to play the modern role of forwards up front on his own. We've not seen much in the senior game to say that Eddie can do that effectively to the level we need.

I think he could suit a formation like Southampton play for instance, where a Che Adams type player can do that role more effectively & Eddie plays off him & in behind. Unfortunately we probably won't play that way.

So the question we should be asking is do we see him improving to a good level what we want from a forward, & if not, can the money we can get from him be used to buy someone with more of the skill set we need.?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In this Covid market and if the fee is 20mil+ I think we have to take it, will Nketiah reach a high level I dont know but we're kind of in a situation where we cant turn down the money as we need to reinvest elsewhere.

We have Auba, Laca and Martinelli if he was to go, I cant imagine Nketiah getting much game time unless he was to go on a hot streak which is unlikely as that would require the minutes he doesnt get.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't be happy if we already would give up on Eddie.

He impressed on every youth stage, you aren't doing that with no talent. He has shown more than Balogun at these levels, but everyone is talking, that we should keep Balogun for 100% and should sell Nketiah instead of this. Why?

Nketiah had to play in a team without an offensive system, all of our offensive players struggled before Smith Rowe (Auba, Laca, Pepe, Willian, Eddie).

Despite this, he already scored some important goals for us. For me it is to earlve to give up on him. But he needs game time and a loan would be perfect for him. Just playing every week in a Top League / Championsship will help him so much.

Even if he doesn't impress, we still can sell him for a similar fee in comparison to a fee we could get now.

Probably more down to the type of striker he’s considered? Look at Aubameyang, world class but at every point where his gone a few games without scoring there’s been a debate whether we need him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
West Ham just sold Haller for 25 million. Setting a price of 30 million makes sense.

Also, West Ham have been linked with players in other leagues, but they already got burned by Haller. Get the ball in the box and Nketiah will score.

20 million plus 5 million add ons makes sense.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surely, this will be a loan?

I'd take 20m though. Let Laca run his contract down and trust one of Martinelli or Balogun will be able to lead the line in 18 months.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Eddie is very one dimensional. He's a poacher and has very little else to his game. His technique is average, short passing is below arsenal level, not a great dribbler, or hold up play, not particularly fast.

He's basically a rubbish version of auba.
Wonder what was Aubameyang doing at the same age other than playing against farmers scoring 2 goals a season.

Eddie has a youth record, but unlike some others, he was scoring against PL sides and was very good in the EL which means he can have a very good senior career. All the comparisons with the likes of Jeffers and Lupoli are simply ridiculous.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If these academy lads could end up fetching 50-60m for the club, then they're a massive success.

Obviously there are now links to Eddie leaving, and I expect there will be some regarding Nelson and Willock in the next few windows. I'd send both out on loan to championship clubs for the rest of the season, which will hopefully increase their value, then sell in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom