• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If these academy lads could end up fetching 50-60m for the club, then they're a massive success.

Obviously there are now links to Eddie leaving, and I expect there will be some regarding Nelson and Willock in the next few windows. I'd send both out on loan to championship clubs for the rest of the season, which will hopefully increase their value, then sell in the summer.
Think Saka alone is worth that, but if we go with the guys we are OK to sell (Eddie, Willock, AMN, maybe Nelson), that has to be more than 50-60. We've managed to sell Bielik for 10 and he was injured 80% of the time

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think Saka alone is worth that, but if we go with the guys we are OK to sell (Eddie, Willock, AMN, maybe Nelson), that has to be more than 50-60. We've managed to sell Bielik for 10 and he was injured 80% of the time

Yeah but obviously Saka is not for sale at any cost. I think we could get 20m for Eddie and AMN a peice (would only sell AMN if we are going for Lamptey), but Willock and Nelson will need loans before any club considers signing them. Neither have played consistent league football in their career.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Remember his agent operates like this. Nelson and Saka also dragged on.

Ideal scenario is Eddie goes to West Ham for 20 million, Balogun extends and gets a loan.
I'm looking out there and so many Premier League sides can do with a striker right now. West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Brighton, Sheffield etc. I know a couple of these sides are probably going down but Nketiah would give them a shot at staying up. Even if they get relegated he's a fantastic asset to perhaps get promoted with and become a dependable player.

If we were a Chelsea or Liverpool right now we would be promising Balogun that we will make space for him, selling Eddie and getting Balogun to sign a deal. It would be such clever business, we would come out of it with a 20-25m profit. If Balogun impresses we don't need to even sign a striker in the summer and that 20-25m can go towards other positions in the side.

Its top business imo.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm looking out there and so many Premier League sides can do with a striker right now. West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Brighton, Sheffield etc. I know a couple of this sides are probably going down but Nketiah would give them a shot at staying up. Even if they get relegated he's a fantastic asset to perhaps get promoted with and become a dependable player.

If we were a Chelsea or Liverpool right now we would be promising Balogun that we will make space for him, selling Eddie and getting Balogun to sign a deal. It would be such clever business, we would come out of it with a 20-25m profit. If Balogun impresses we don't need to even sign a striker in the summer and that 20-25m can go towards other positions in the side.

Its top business imo.

What I'd say is if you look at the situation at cf.

Balogun 6 months.
Nketiah 18 months.
Lacazette 18 months
Aubameyang 2 years this summer.
Martinelli recently signed.

Balogun needs 3 loans. 6 months to finish this season. If it works out, give him a full year next season. I'm thinking in a league abroad where he can get 90 minutes and score goals. Mslintat would ensure game time at Stuttgart or maybe the Dutch league.

When he returns Auba would have a year left, so it would be now about giving him one year in the championship to really prove himself. If he looks like he can step up we bring him back, if not we sell for a good amount.

Either way we need to sell Lacazette and Nketiah to fund a cf.

I'd say combined we could get 40 and probably buy Edouard for 30 leaving us 10 million better off.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What I'd say is if you look at the situation at cf.

Balogun 6 months.
Nketiah 18 months.
Lacazette 18 months
Aubameyang 2 years this summer.
Martinelli recently signed.

Balogun needs 3 loans. 6 months to finish this season. If it works out, give him a full year next season. I'm thinking in a league abroad where he can get 90 minutes and score goals. Mslintat would ensure game time at Stuttgart or maybe the Dutch league.

When he returns Auba would have a year left, so it would be now about giving him one year in the championship to really prove himself. If he looks like he can step up we bring him back, if not we sell for a good amount.

Either way we need to sell Lacazette and Nketiah to fund a cf.

I'd say combined we could get 40 and probably buy Edouard for 30 leaving us 10 million better off.
I doubt Balogun would accept so many loans though, he would want to see a short term pathway for him getting into the first team. Loans can sometimes be disruptuve for a player's career over a permanent move where they are an asset of a club who try to nurture them into a better player.

I agree about selling and Laca and Eddie in the summer. I would be really happy with 40m but I doubt Laca would get 20m for us. He has a year left on his deal. I would take 12-15m even.

Goonger

I tell you the other thing we should be doing, & that's what Utd do. Put into these contracts that the club has an option to extend them by 12 months if they so desire, that way the club has a bit more control over contracts running down.

We could loan Eddie to West Ham for 6 months for instance, & he does well, but he comes back with just 12 months on his deal. That's a devaluer right there. Now the club might say to Eddie, if you sign a year extension we we'll let you go on loan. But Eddie's agent might think that would limit his options going forward & not want him to sign it.

Take it away from the agents hand, & protect the valuation for the club, smarter move going forward.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think it's a little misleading to judge Eddie by his games played to goals record at this stage of his career.

For example, he's played 13 PL games for us this season and scored 1 goal. Doesn't sound great.

In terms of minutes played the vast majority has been as a sub though. He's has played under 3.5 games in terms of actual game time in the PL this season. 310 minutes.

He's only played the full 90 for us in the PL twice in his career.

Never try to convince AM about counting goals/points per minute. Here only games matter, and even if a player plays 1 minute, it counts as a game.

Facts are facts, just like a person who is 28,99 years old, is still 28.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I tell you the other thing we should be doing, & that's what Utd do. Put into these contracts that the club has an option to extend them by 12 months if they so desire, that way the club has a bit more control over contracts running down.

We could loan Eddie to West Ham for 6 months for instance, & he does well, but he comes back with just 12 months on his deal. That's a devaluer right there.
We're gonna have that issue with Guendouzi unfortunately. Now we have to either pay him more money than we should or sell him cut price.

I agree with the sentiment of your post but doesn't it cost something for you to get more control over your player? I think most agents would be against that happening, and that would be reflected in the terms of the contract (e.g. would be required to pay them more).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Never try to convince AM about counting goals/points per minute. Here only games matter, and even if a player plays 1 minute, it counts as a game.

Facts are facts, just like a person who is 28,99 years old, is still 28.

28,99 is 29...
just like scoring a goal on 15th second is a goal scored in minute 1

drippin

28,99 is 29...
just like scoring a goal on 15th second is a goal scored in minute 1

That's what I'm saying. Facts are facts. No need to think about things on what makes common sense, when you follow the facts.

Makes life much easier, can use the brain power to somewhere else.

Goonger

We're gonna have that issue with Guendouzi unfortunately. Now we have to either pay him more money than we should or sell him cut price.

I agree with the sentiment of your post but doesn't it cost something for you to get more control over your player? I think most agents would be against that happening, and that would be reflected in the terms of the contract (e.g. would be required to pay them more).

Possibly, obviously we aren't privy to what the numbers involved are, maybe have to look at what Utd do, but it could be the difference of £5M-£10M on a player that is sought after.

If it becomes comes a club wise policy say for players under 24 especially, players & agents should get used to it. Especially in the case of players like Guendouzi & Martinelli, players taking a massive step up from where they where, you can't imagine it being much of a deal breaker.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Remember his agent operates like this. Nelson and Saka also dragged on.

Ideal scenario is Eddie goes to West Ham for 20 million, Balogun extends and gets a loan.
For me that's how it's done. Take out emotion is Eddie at present going to fire us back into the champions league or make us title contenders? No. Maybe in 3 or 4 years he could but we can't wait that long.

Football is a cold business. At a club like Arsenal if you're not doing it at 19/20/21 cheerio. Take the cash, rinse and repeat.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I should say there maybe some players worth keeping beyond that age but I dont believe we can carry a 3rd choice centre forward valued at around 25m. Sell, spend the money on a number one centre forward, keep Balogum and move on Lacazette. In my mind that's a better use of resources.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Resign Balogun, Sell Nketiah and Lacazette, buy Daka (could careless for Edouard or Dembele, Daka will be a phenom).

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Eddie was massively hyped up on here as a 17-18 year old. If Balogun isn't a 25 goal a year striker by the time he's 21 the fans will want him pushed aside and sold for the next hyped 17-18 year old coming off the Academy conveyor belt. Exact same thing is happening with Reiss Nelson.

Thus is the A-M circle of life when it comes to Academy products.

I love the way people are saying, sell Eddie, give the game time to Balogun. Well, Balogun hasn't signed a new contract as far as I'm aware. Giving him game time and developing for another club to pick up in the summer would be idiotic unless he does sign up.

Iceman10

Established Member
I should say there maybe some players worth keeping beyond that age but I dont believe we can carry a 3rd choice centre forward valued at around 25m. Sell, spend the money on a number one centre forward, keep Balogum and move on Lacazette. In my mind that's a better use of resources.

i’ve defended Eddie here because he has never been short on effort to succeed as a Gunner,, but would just say in case he gets sold don’t set up for pain regarding the sale price due to expectations. Could be wrong, but Emi was showing great signs as a PL goalkeeper and top GK’s go for a lot nowadays, so in my mind something around 15m, maybe with add-ons would be closer to the mark, especially if the sale happens prior to summer when some normality, post-Covid, would have returned.

drippin

Eddie was massively hyped up on here as a 17-18 year old. If Balogun isn't a 25 goal a year striker by the time he's 21 the fans will want him pushed aside and sold for the next hyped 17-18 year old coming off the Academy conveyor belt. Exact same thing is happening with Reiss Nelson.

Thus is the A-M circle of life when it comes to Academy products.

I love the way people are saying, sell Eddie, give the game time to Balogun. Well, Balogun hasn't signed a new contract as far as I'm aware. Giving him game time and developing for another club to pick up in the summer would be idiotic unless he does sign up.

I mostly agree, but what people are saying is that selling Nketiah (with 1,5 years in contract) could help getting Balogun to extend. Like I said if he doesn't I hope Nketiah extends, but that's his choice. Otherwise we have to sell him now basically no matter what.

It's also true that we need more money right now to strenghten important areas. Selling Nketiah while we have TJJ, Martinelli (and if Balogun extends) is not a big problem. While Edouard could be acquired for okay money next summer, he has contract until 2022.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I mostly agree, but what people are saying is that selling Nketiah (with 1,5 years in contract) could help getting Balogun to extend. Like I said if he doesn't I hope Nketiah extends, but that's his choice. Otherwise we have to sell him now basically no matter what.

It's also true that we need more money right now to strenghten important areas. Selling Nketiah while we have TJJ, Martinelli (and if Balogun extends) is not a big problem. While Edouard could be acquired for okay money next summer, he has contract until 2022.

If we're going to use the money to buy a new striker though, why would Balogun sign a contract? He's still going to be in the same position in the pecking order.

I'm not totally against selling Eddie but I want to see Balogun's name on a new contract before we let Eddie go.

drippin

If we're going to use the money to buy a new striker though, why would Balogun sign a contract? He's still going to be in the same position in the pecking order.

I'm not totally against selling Eddie but I want to see Balogun's name on a new contract before we let Eddie go.

Me too. Well we don't have to buy Edouard, but if we sell Laca, we do for sure.

One trick is to get Balogun to sign a contract now. Then get Edouard in the summer. That's the order I suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom