• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

i’ve defended Eddie here because he has never been short on effort to succeed as a Gunner,, but would just say in case he gets sold don’t set up for pain regarding the sale price due to expectations. Could be wrong, but Emi was showing great signs as a PL goalkeeper and top GK’s go for a lot nowadays, so in my mind something around 15m, maybe with add-ons would be closer to the mark, especially if the sale happens prior to summer when some normality, post-Covid, would have returned.
I'm prepared for whatever the price may be. Just if its West Ham and they've sold Haller for 25m I think it's fair to ask for a price in that region for a young English record breaking goal scorer. But whatever it is the production line should be the same. A few years to establish yourself as an important part of the squad or move onto the next person breaking through. Everything should be geared towards the Xi. Selling young players provides funds.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

If we're going to use the money to buy a new striker though, why would Balogun sign a contract? He's still going to be in the same position in the pecking order.

I'm not totally against selling Eddie but I want to see Balogun's name on a new contract before we let Eddie go.
Because Aubameyang is old and it's likely Lacazette and Nketiah are going to move on. Aubameyang isn't overly suited to through the middle just now so he arguably moves from 4th to 3rd and 2nd choice.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm prepared for whatever the price may be. Just if its West Ham and they've sold Haller for 25m I think it's fair to ask for a price in that region for a young English record breaking goal scorer. But whatever it is the production line should be the same. A few years to establish yourself as an important part of the squad or move onto the next person breaking through. Everything should be geared towards the Xi. Selling young players provides funds.

I’m not fully there with a sale yet, have to see what happens with Balogun, and if Martinelli stays fit to the summer I would look at selling one of Auba/Laca to allow Martinelli more room to grow, which means our roster would be quite different if that happens.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I’m not fully there with a sale yet, have to see what happens with Balogun, and if Martinelli stays fit to the summer I would look at selling one of Auba/Laca to allow Martinelli more room to grow, which means our roster would be quite different if that happens.
You had me right upto roster :lol::red:

There are different things that can be done. But we need to make a decision either new contract or sell.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Sell him. Not all the youngsters can make it here, and he hasn't really impressed (unlike Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli). This is what Liverpool does with the likes of Brewster. Sell and invest in the team where we need it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This exactly !
Also, even for any AM member that might be a bit more reluctant to sell him now - not selling him almost equals offering a new contract to him.

Do you really want this ?
Keep in mind, that doing so will 100% ensure that we wont go for new exciting striker talent and Nketiah will be used and given another 2 seasons or so to become the elite striker we need, yet he'll never be.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Sell him. Not all the youngsters can make it here, and he hasn't really impressed (unlike Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli). This is what Liverpool does with the likes of Brewster. Sell and invest in the team where we need it.
If Balogun is off, you can't sell Eddie. Simple as that. I know people say we should sell Eddie to keep Balogun, but there is absolutely no evidence that doing one would guarantee the other, and with Martinelli injured again, we simply can't part with Nketiah at this time. Also, as people tend to forget, the Homegrown quota means we need him for the time being AND while he has been underwhelming this season, he is still only 21, and has done more than Lineker, Shearer, Auba and Laca at the same point in their careers. OR indeed Inzaghi or Andy Cole looking at similar strikers.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If Balogun is off, you can't sell Eddie. Simple as that. I know people say we should sell Eddie to keep Balogun, but there is absolutely no evidence that doing one would guarantee the other, and with Martinelli injured again, we simply can't part with Nketiah at this time. Also, as people tend to forget, the Homegrown quota means we need him for the time being AND while he has been underwhelming this season, he is still only 21, and has done more than Lineker, Shearer, Auba and Laca at the same point in their careers. OR indeed Inzaghi or Andy Cole looking at similar strikers.

I don't want to make a decision on Eddie depending on what's happening with Balogun. I haven't seen enough of Balogun either to judge him as a player. Other talents have come before Eddie and new will come after him.

I'm not sure about our HG situation, even though I thought it applied to players over the age of 21. But the other reasons don't cut it for me. He has some potential as a youth player and does well in the U-21. So did Francis Jeffers.

We need to sell players sometimes while their stock is high. The lad couldn't cut it at Leeds last year and can't cut it with us this year. Does that mean he won't make it? No. But this is not the time to develop Nketiah at Arsenal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I thought West Ham were high on Abraham? 15m for Nketiah is pretty bad business, but with his replacements already here in Balogun and Martinelli, I can live with it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nketiah is pretty terrible and has one year left on his deal, in what world is £15M bad business?! Nobody in their right mind is giving 20M + for him, especially in a covid market, people are broken.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd be very surprised if any clubs came in offering decent money for the likes of Nketiah and Nelson when they've not played since January. That's done nothing to raise their value and if money is going to be tight with Covid it's a bit unrealistic to expect anything other than maybe loans with options to buy.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Eddie has looked woefully out of his depth whenever he's played at PL level (recently anyway). Maybe not playing him might actually get us a bigger fee 🤣

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If he is not English his value probably will be around 5m. Let's be real here with England u21 he looked great with Arsenal he look absolutely average we'd be lucky getting 10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom