• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu booked

VCC

I just heard on Talksport that Alan Wiley says he booked Edu. This seems to mean he saw what Edu did and unless he watches it again and decides he wasn't harsh enough, Edu will be in the clear.

lewdikris

Established Member
Good good. I assumed he did - it was certainly bookable. That should be an end to the matter.

We need to start a campaign: 'no more handbags at Highbury'...

Adam

Established Member
You know - this could be quite important.

Edu is a great player in the Man Utd/Chelsea fixtures which he could of been missing for.

goonerlove

I really think AW needs to lay down the law behind closed doors with his team.... this kind of crap needs to stop.

I was so embarrassed for us after the Old Trafford incident and this latest event just shows another example of how we can be drawn into stupid crap when we should just let our football do the talking...

I understand about defending your team and all that, but yellows and reds start to add up and could certainly be a factor in the championship. Imagine missing Paddy and another starter because of yellows (Paddy will get another suspension with just 3 more yellows) and/or suspensions when we play Chelski and/or ManUre (or Liverpool or Newcastle for that matter). It WILL matter and it could cost us points.

Lets play football and destroy our opponents with our class...

Goonerlove

Ridge

yeah goonerlove. cole should let anelka push him as the traitor likes.
the red card would serve him well.

the players should just stand back and let the refree to judge.

Gooner83

They give out too many silly cards for handbags... 10yrs ago it would have had to been serious blows to get sent off.

baccy_man

Established Member
when i was in my teens they kicked lumps out of each other ( players like mc queen graham mc klintock chopper harris bremmner) you new you had been hit with those people. too many silly rules now .

A

Anonymous

we got lucky yesterday that no one go red carded!

Cole is just a idiot . he is most aggressive player in our team. always arguing with the ref. he should have given le sulk the ball.

lucky buggar.

edu played excellent yesterday and blows my mind , thinking why was'nt he playing from the start. Gilberto again being the weak link in midfield.

lucky he got cautioned , instead of getting sent off. :p

Chips&CurrySauce

I totally agree Therock!!! When Edu came on we looked much better, he was involved in the play which led to Henry's wonder goal and also he was involved in the link up play when Henry played Rayes in on goal.
I thought Gilberto was awful yesterday but these days I really don't expect anything better from him!

beaney

IMO Edu has played better than Silva recently. He always looks lively and always looks to push the ball forward into the box.

I actually prefer Edu to Silva, id like to see him start more games alongside Vieria.

As for the yellow card...... might be a blessing in disguise!

because, if he HADNT booked him the fa would probably have taken it to a panel and BANNED him for 3 games.

we all know, if the ref takes action during the game, the fa cannot take further action!

jc8gooner

Glad to hear that. Edu is a key member of our squad and has been among the 16 in almost every one of our premiership matches this year.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom