EFL Cup: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest |Tuesday 24th September | KO 19:45 | Streams

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 22, 2019.

?

What will the result be

Poll closed Sep 24, 2019.
  1. Arsenal go through in 90 minutes

65.6%
  2. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

6.6%
  3. Forest go through in 90 minutes

6.6%
  4. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OnlyOne shouldn’t be a Mod

6.6%
  6. OnlyOne should never be a Mod

14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Has been one or two, here and there. Better though.

2. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

I have plenty of errors all the time, but it always seems to sort itself around the time of our matches.

4. Top Quality

Top Quality Active Member

Fun game to watch!

Best part was seeing Tierney taking his spot at left back and showing what he can do when he gets into the team. So encouraged by his performance.

Also loved the performance of some of the young players - Willock, Saka, Martinelli... - and Chambers was good, and Holding back.

Doesn't necessarily have to mean much for the PL performances, but couldn't have asked for more.

TOP QUALITY.

Symbia likes this.
  5. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

I'm confused bro, I'd rather like your post but somehow I feel it's a bit inappropriate... such a bloody story ;) I'm happy that all ended well with you and other guys.

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

6’6 so not too freakish like Crouch or anything. Basically an even skinnier Courtois.

7. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Chambers was outstanding, easily MOTM. Martinelli, Saka, Holding and Torreira all impressive.

8. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Not a bad height.

I once turned around and accidentally elbowed @OnlyOne in the head. He ended up with a concussion. True story.

9. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Wtf that sounds horrid....

To chime in with my story: Got bulldozed by an adult while skiing when I was 6 years old. Hit me right in the side at full speed. Spent a couple of nights at the hospital with a concussion but the sideways impact ****ed up my spine a bit.

krackpot and Ewarwoowar like this.
  10. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I'm more like a 6'5" 250lb behemoth myself.

Rex Banter likes this.
  11. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

.Sorry to hear about the spine, it's not ideal carrying life time injury, hope it's not too debilitating,
    My head is bomb proof, I've bounced it off a hell of a lot of things in my life time, might show in my posts.[/QUOTE]

12. Kav

Kav Active Member

Based on the highlights i've seen of the game today. The future looks bright! I wish these players the very best. I was even pleased with the little i saw from Mustafi... speak it quietly but we might just have a good team in the next 2-3 years.

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

How tall are you?

14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

6’6 mate.

15. Trilly

Yeah sorry just saw your earlier post. Most guys I know say that being tall is quite annoying once you’re past about 6’3?

I’m just about scraping 6 foot. If only I could borrow a few inches off you, we’d both be a nice 6’3. :cool:

Rex Banter likes this.
  16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Missed the game. Looked on thread for some insight and it’s nothing but people’s heights in feet and inches. We’re still in the EU ffs. It’s 1.98m for a few more weeks at least.

Mind you now our PM has broken the law and lied to the Queen, maybe it’ll be a bit longer before we leave, or better still never.

Ricardinho and Trilly like this.
  17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Nah man I’ve always rated it, would always get to play in goal for our school, the other kid was miles better but was a shrimp.

Also with girls even with my dead chat was always in with a chance just off height haha

Any taller would be too much, a housemate at uni was a 6’10 basketball player and his life was frustrating. :lol:

Also 6 foot is decent man, AM probably has a Torreira level average height.

krackpot, MLK79 and Trilly like this.
  18. Trilly

@OnlyOne

OnlyOne, MLK79 and Rex Banter like this.
  19. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Some of problems with being tall are stairs, some doors, cobwebs that miss everyone but you, shoes and clothes become harder to find and some sports cars.

And seeing as though I know you love the ladies, there's nothing worse than being in the club dancing with a girl and when she drops it low you've just gotta be like, nah, I wasn't meant to be that close to the ground.

Trilly likes this.
  20. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

[/QUOTE]

Good to hear about your iron head. I shrugg off most injuries, too. Last summer my dad sawed one of my Fingers in half and I just told him he did just that. "Dad I think you should stop the saw cause I think it's cutting my finger instead of the plant." Left the ER when I saw injured kids listed after me not getting treated and sticked it together at home. Worked out perfectly. And with the spine it's not like I'm Richard III but my posture isn't the best by default and I'm prone to back ache but with a little workout everything is fine.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Rex Banter, Trilly and Ewarwoowar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.