• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Nottingham Forest FC vs Arsenal FC | 20th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Would like to see the first goal for our new no. 9.
Giroud started his goalscoring career in this cup too, right?

Stojkovic is a shaky keeper Xhaka can destroy him.

So glad that both of my predictions came true. :D

how ridiculous is our GK situation at the moment

technically we have 4 international class goalkeepers contracted to the club.

Was thinking the same while watching a really, really decent Martinez today. Somehow I feel he won't be settled here for much longer. :(

Can't find the Akpom thread but his performance was very mature. Looks like has been taking tips from his friend Iwobi because he kept calm and almost all the time did the right thing with the ball. He also attempted a lot of movements behind the defence which was encouraging to see.

What I liked from him and Jeff is that they were always attacking when they got the ball. Almost every time they weren't having any of that handball side way passing tactic we use often.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I liked what I saw. I'd like more diagonal runs towards the goal, like a CF would make, instead of the many we saw that took him away to the channels.

This annoyed me too. Spent too much time making runs away to the channels where we needed more runs into the box.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Apart from the goal I thought Ox was pretty average. Gave the ball away on numerous occasions in promising positions.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Apart from the goal I thought Ox was pretty average. Gave the ball away on numerous occasions in promising positions.

He was absolutely terrible. Low on confidence and it absolute shows. Waiting for him to come good just isn't an option anymore. Plenty of other hungry youth willing to break into the team. Ox is in the last chance saloon.

Polar Bear

Great result tonight, Xhaxa was amazing, and his shooting is a thing of beauty. Hopefully we can get a good tie in the next round and avoid the big teams.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
OK, watched the match - very interesting watch IMO:

- Xhaka really likes having the ball. Wenger would do well to find a balance between him and Özil - which shouldn't be difficult IMO. Xhaka's passes into space and between the lines were particularly great to watch.

- Seriously, something's up with Ox. I'm glad he grew into the game in the last 15 mins or so but his ball retention was bad, as was his execution throughout the match. He did score so that might be encouraging.

- I was thoroughly pleased to see Maitland-Niles, Akpom and Jeff have good games. I thought Maitland-Niles looked very decent at right back even though it is not his position. He tucked in very nicely and used the ball well. Extremely mature performance. I'd like to see more of him but further forward in midfield or on the wing.

- Akpom had his best game for us IMO. This is the most encouraging senior performance from him, and it came on the wing. He looked after the ball really well, showed his pace and excellent movement by dovetailing well with Perez. A regret that he didn't have more opportunities on goal, but Ox in the hole didn't really work out. Will get more confident at taking on his man in due time I'm sure.

- Jeff was Jeff really. Some erroneous decisions but overall a very solid performance complete with very good dribbling and passing.

- Perez is interesting. Willing runner, gets into channels and fights for the ball. Great 2nd goal as well. He's definitely no weakling.

blaze_of_glory

Just finished the game. Very good from a lot of players. Elneny and Xhaka look like a good pairing, dominated the ball and gave the CBs a lot of protection. Of course its only Nottingham Forrest, so we have to see how they do against higher calibre opposition.

A lot of good performances from young players, I think Akpom and Jeff especially.

Seeing Ox get the usual flak, but I actually thought he was decent today. A few classic Ox moments but he was dangerous and involved all game.

And of course great that Lucas got on the board, that second goal was just what we want from him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Apparently, the origin of our red-and-white colors stems from Nottingham Forest. Cool little tidbit, didn't know that...

"In 1895 a selection of Nottingham Forest players, including Fred Beardsley and Morris Bates joined the squad, bringing their old red kit along with them. The club decided to kit out the rest of the team in the same colour as the ex-Forest players. Apart from a short spell in the 1890’s when they wore one-inch red and blue stripes, red and white colours have always been en vogue. "

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/arsenal/

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Good win, pleased to see Perez getting off the mark with two goals and an assist as well. Really hope Ox builds on his goal, the guy looked shot in terms of confidence most of the game.

Hopefully we'll get an easy draw for the next round, I want to see more from that group of players.

By the way, that made me chuckle:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-manager-Arsène-wenger-stunned-8879723
The pie was left uneaten after the fan was taken away by stewards
:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom