• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Going a bit cold on this transfer really. When this window started there was talk about Buendia plus someone else to add to attacking options, hedging bets somewhat, but if the price for Buendia is over 25m I have to be convinced this is a Top 4 PL level player not Top 6 - Top 10. I would prefer keeping powder dry to summer, prepared to go 50-70m for CAM signing if necessary, justified with Özil gone. 10m signings of Olise, Manor Solomon if price is not any more, could be punts for development without impacting overall transfer strategy too much.

Finesse

He is worth more now because he is probably Norwich's best player as they push for promotion back into the PL. They would be more willing to sell and listen to his demands (if he wants to come here) after they have reached their goal and have time to find a good replacement.

That is a very subjective take on it. Their willingness to sell does not in anyway guarantee a better price than today. If he is valued at 40m now , in the summer he would be a PL player , Top of the Championship , team of the Championship etc. Would that increase or diminish his market value ?

Have you factored Norwich might promise him more quality players to compete using their acquired PL funds ? His contract extended on a better wage ? Or Arsenal no longer is the only suitor , with other suitors emerged with more hunger and deeper pockets ?

Many wonder how we got Partey. It was simple. We just happened to be the only club seriously interested at the time and willing to go all the way. Next summer maybe the need of a player of his caliber would emerge in other clubs and then we would have faced competition. Then it’s down to who shoots first. We are familiar with our timidity with shooting first. It took us 3 years to study his release clause and actually pay it on deadline day.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That is a very subjective take on it. Their willingness to sell does not in anyway guarantee a better price than today. If he is valued at 40m now , in the summer he would be a PL player , Top of the Championship , team of the Championship etc. Would that increase or diminish his market value ?

Have you factored Norwich might promise him more quality players to compete using their acquired PL funds ? His contract extended on a better wage ? Or Arsenal no longer is the only suitor , with other suitors emerged with more hunger and deeper pockets ?

Many wonder how we got Partey. It was simple. We just happened to be the only club seriously interested at the time and willing to go all the way. Next summer maybe the need of a player of his caliber would emerge in other clubs and then we would have faced competition. Then it’s down to who shoots first. We are familiar with our timidity with shooting first. It took us 3 years to study his release clause and actually pay it on deadline day.
I just think the fact that Norwich wouldnt be able to replace him in January overrides the factors you pointed out about the summer. Norwich wouldnt be able to promise anyone quality to Buendia, they are a small club. We would offer double his wages.

The only concern would be competition, but I don't think many big clubs will want him, most of them in the PL dont have creativity issues. Other opportunities may arise in the summer for 40-50m, especially in a depressed market.

Finesse

I just think the fact that Norwich wouldnt be able to replace him in January overrides the factors you pointed out about the summer. Norwich wouldnt be able to promise anyone quality to Buendia, they are a small club. We would offer double his wages.

The only concern would be competition, but I don't think many big clubs will want him, most of them in the PL dont have creativity issues. Other opportunities may arise in the summer for 40-50m, especially in a depressed market.

Again you have not responded how their willingness to sell in the summer would affect the price. If he is too expensive now, then what will be the price then?

Out of interest what happens to our play and attacking unit if ESR picks up a knock in training for example? He is that young and this is his first stint playing top level consecutive football games in a trot. These niggles happen. What do you do till the end of the season?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Again you have not responded how their willingness to sell in the summer would affect the price. If he is too expensive now, then what will be the price then?

Out of interest what happens to our play and attacking unit if ESR picks up a knock in training for example? He is that young and this is his first stint playing top level consecutive football games in a trot. These niggles happen. What do you do till the end of the season?
I think you can sign Buendia for 30m in the summer if there isnt enough competition for him. Even if he is still going for 40-50m by then, there are better options out there.

I wanted Buendia to add numbers to our creative roster before ESR came into the team. Now I think we need a marquee signing who ESR can be the back up for as well as filling in on the left wing.

Finesse

I think you can sign Buendia for 30m in the summer if there isnt enough competition for him. Even if he is still going for 40-50m by then, there are better options out there.

I wanted Buendia to add numbers to our creative roster before ESR came into the team. Now I think we need a marquee signing who ESR can be the back up for as well as filling in on the left wing.

Marquee ? Lets sail past that. I like the idea Buendia because he will have to compete with ESR. Its not game for ESR to be back up for anyone. Since he started playing for us , his figures are only second to Bruno F. That is a good start for his age. Cesc was pumping those figures from day one and never stopped. He needs a player who can provide competition and ready to coming when needed. A skilful player happy to fight to get into the team.

We went through a rot because we decided to force established players on positions and hoping it would work. We replaced Saka on the right and ESR in the hole and the entire dynamism within the attack sparked. Laca started playing again. Auba is hopefully picked off. Watch the heatmaps for the past games and see the difference.

ESR needs someone he can compete with and not play understudy to.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I have no idea why people think he will cheaper or even available in the Summer.

In nearly 40 years following football I can't remember a single example of a club selling one of their best player on gaining promotion to the top flight.

Norwich are a well run, financially stable club. The only way Buendia comes is if they fail to get promoted or get relegated from the Premier League the season after next.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Going a bit cold on this transfer really. When this window started there was talk about Buendia plus someone else to add to attacking options, hedging bets somewhat, but if the price for Buendia is over 25m I have to be convinced this is a Top 4 PL level player not Top 6 - Top 10. I would prefer keeping powder dry to summer, prepared to go 50-70m for CAM signing if necessary, justified with Özil gone. 10m signings of Olise, Manor Solomon if price is not any more, could be punts for development without impacting overall transfer strategy too much.
So you think we are a top 4 club or can get a top 4 attacking midfielder in the summer? Who is that top 4 midfielder?

Iceman10

Established Member
So you think we are a top 4 club or can get a top 4 attacking midfielder in the summer? Who is that top 4 midfielder?

We are a big club and should be aiming to get back into CL (top 4) at least via. the 2021/22 season for 2022/23. Partey is that level, Gabriel maybe also. I see this signing as not just an addition but the replacement for Özil also.

If it has to be pushing the boat out on Grealish, that’s what it will have to be. Would be fine with Aouar also. Would also go with Ødegaard even though there would be some risk with that but I liked what I saw when he was at Sociedad last season.

Finesse

@Finesse Not saying Marca are necessarily gospel but look what they say about us signing him in the summer, he will be cheaper.

The issue is not the statement. What is the rationale behind the low price? Why would Norwich sell the best player at a lower price after gaining promotion into the PL , when they even need him more and additional reinforcements to stay up.

LG10

If buendia pushes for a move we sign him, simple. If he doesn’t we loan a draxler or Oscar for the rest of the season as esr can’t carry us creatively all season.

Iceman10

Established Member
ESR has to be developed in the first team for me now, he’s not a squad player for an Arsenal aiming for top 6 in the short term and top 4 in the long term.

ESR looks top quality.

We’re bloated in AM, but with some poor quality that has to go somehow. Finding a buyer in China or America for Willian would be a start. What is left after thinning out, with addition(s), likely will have versatility, a few of these players able to play 2-3 positions, so that accommodates ESR while at the same time no one can play every game.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
ESR has to be developed in the first team for me now, he’s not a squad player for an Arsenal aiming for top 6 in the short term and top 4 in the long term.

ESR looks top quality.

It's what to do in terms of signings that's the tricky bit. Sign a young player to rotates with Saka and ESR and have a lot of inexperience/inconsistency or sign a prime player and risk hindering ESR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom