Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Been here 10 years or so, English wife, shown unbelievable patience. Happy for the guy, deserves this.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He did blame the defense he said the 2 goals should have been defended better :lol:

Makingtrax, krengon and Hunta like this.
  3. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Two years left on his contract, we should probably already start working on a new deal.

4. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Always felt there was a top 'keeper in there with Martinez — his current form is proving that. He has been very good.

Although he still needs to be careful with his distribution. Clearly capable but sometimes I think he makes passes without always thinking about how able the defender receiving the ball is. There was a moment with David Luiz that could have been costly.

5. TromsoGooner

I doubt any significant offers will come in for him but considering how little money we have and how badly we need to improve our squad you`d have to think about it if someone offered 20-25M for Leno.

6. Hunta

Think we’ll cash in, mentioned before that a lot of clubs will be seeing his performances and want him. He’s at an age now where he needs to settle down as a number 1 somewhere.

It’d be just like Arsenal to do a reverse Cech and sell him to Chelsea, except Martinez will probably become the new Neuer for them.

7. TromsoGooner

I would hate to see him leave, rather sell Leno. I rate Leno but feel more secure with Martinez. will probably be Argetinas number 1 soon too, they don`t have much to choose from when it comes to GKs.

Kav likes this.
  8. Hunta

Size Matters.

TromsoGooner and krengon like this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Should sell matt Macey firsr ffs the guy is 26 years old with limited career games.

10. Hunta

We took up an option in his contract and it runs until 2021 now not 2020.

Guy is only here because he’s homegrown, probably on £10k a week to train and sometimes make a squad. What a life.

11. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

He has not won me over just yet, although he has impressed!

12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Hes been excellent and was gutted at the end of the match today. I'm so pleased for him.

13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He's out of contract this month.

14. TinFish

TinFish Active Member

This is the best run an Arsenal keeper has ever had since I started watching in the Seamen days.

We need to keep him & Leno. Sell the other crap we have and rebuild. No reason to not sell him. We have funds with or without him gone, besides he wont get more than £10 million for him if we are lucky.

15. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Will Emi be @American_Gooner Mustafi with 6 good games and 3 howlers on wednesday against Liverpool?

16. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

Yes, get in Emi!

17. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

He has been solid, both of our Gk's have been good this season. Sadly we can't protect them with our poor defending as a team.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Give him a new contract and extend his deal as a reward.

Unless he goes dodgy from now till the end of the season, Arteta has a massive headache for next season.

19. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Our number one for me. Leno should have to win his place back.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

The lad looks confidant and that's one of the main ingredients for a goalie. That finger tip save shows he's athletic too, and way he rushed out to stop that Kane chip was awesome. Had he been slower it would have been over his head. Oh and he looks pretty tasty with his feet.

I'd say he's a 'keeper'.