• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I trust Leno more myself.

This is a good conundrum to have though, I gave up when Leno got stretchered off but Martinez has proven me wrong and I am happy for the lad.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This guy has been superb. Other than the pass which was closed down by Firmino he hasn't put a foot wrong.

My one concern with him was his mentality, we've seen spectacular goalkeeping from him but once we concede he used to look shaky- no such thing this time round. We all feared the worst when Leno got injured but we've hardly mentioned him as of late, Emi deserves huge credit.

So pleased with this lad.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This guy has been superb. Other than the pass which was closed down by Firmino he hasn't put a foot wrong.

My one concern with him was his mentality, we've seen spectacular goalkeeping from him but once we concede he used to look shaky- no such thing this time round. We all feared the worst when Leno got injured but we've hardly mentioned him as of late, Emi deserves huge credit.

So pleased with this lad.
pundits are beginning to suggest Argentina will be looking at him as their first choice keeper - the turn around in his standing has been immense

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not entirely sold on him yet, I know he’s been dominate but there’s been very little pressure or stake whether he performs good or bad.

Plus you got the added motivation of knowing this is your one shot to oust Leno.

Talk of selling Leno is premature to say the least.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he actually played the highest pressure football of his career last season.

When he joined Reading they were adrift in the relegation zone of the Championship and looked odds on to go down.

He went into God mode and saved everything, I remember games against rivals Ipswich and Blackburn where they were absolutely battered and should have conceded 5.

He kept them in the game enough for them to eventually shade it, honestly single handedly saved them from the drop at times.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think he actually played the highest pressure football of his career last season.

When he joined Reading they were adrift in the relegation zone of the Championship and looked odds on to go down.

He went into God mode and saved everything, I remember games against rivals Ipswich and Blackburn where they were absolutely battered and should of conceded 5.

He kept them in the game enough for them to eventually shade it, honestly single handedly saved them from the drop at times.
Yeah - I remember saying when Leno got stretchered off that Martinez might start having flashbacks to Reading's survival campaign :lol:. He literally saved them that season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah - I remember saying when Leno got stretchered off that Martinez might start having flashbacks to Reading's survival campaign :lol:. He literally saved them that season.

Went to have a look on a Reading forum at the time to see how they felt about him as well and they were saying he’s potentially the greatest GK in Reading history.

Massive complement but considering he was only there four months it’s also a bit sad :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not entirely sold on him yet, I know he’s been dominate but there’s been very little pressure or stake whether he performs good or bad.

Plus you got the added motivation of knowing this is your one shot to oust Leno.

Talk of selling Leno is premature to say the least.

Whether or not we can play in the Europa next season is a very big stake........... not clear to me what you mean by "very little pressure or stake"..........

LG10

Let’s be honest, Leno is a good keeper but we’ve made him look amazing due to the high volume of shots we’ve allowed. Martinez should be 1st choice if he continues performing as well as he has. His size and distribution make him the more complete keeper.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's our best keeper imo. Inaki Cana has done wonders for him. Never has he looked this composed and mature in prior appearances. He has all the attributes to be a top top keeper, I'd argue he already is one. We've all heard the quotes from Woj and Fabianski on our past goalkeeping coaches so....

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should keep Emi. If he was having these performances for a Leipzig or Dortmund or even a midtable la liga club, he'll probably cost 60-70m.

Not that I'm comparing, what does Allison or Ederson has that he doesn't?

TornadoTed

Established Member
He has done fantastically well and we are in a great position with 2 solid keepers in their mid 20's just about to enter their peak years.

Of course neither are elite level but it is one area we don't need to be concerned with at the moment which is nice with so many problem areas in our squad.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
This is a proper bellerin/coqielin situation where a player comes out of nowhere and makes it very hard for the manager to drop them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Respect to Emi.

Honestly thought this game would be his undoing where he erases all those good performances.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I have praised Leno since he joined but to be completely honest, I'm now thinking Martinez is the better keeper. He's been incredible in every game. Also when there is some doubt in the defence he has no hesitation in playing it long. Leno on the other hand always tries to play it out from the back and it has cost us more than once. Arteta has a nice problem on his hands next season, 2 top keepers!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm genuinely in disbelief at what Martinez has shown these last few weeks. He's been at the club for 10 years! If you hypnotised me and and I'd forgotten entirely about the existence of Leno and just watched Martinez play, I wouldn't think anything is wrong, I'd think yeah, that's a first choice keeper.

We have two first choice keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom