• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
1st premier league start at a tough ground and he’s already being written off, tf is wrong with some of you :lol:

I say it for those saying this boy is ready for first eleven only because they want Özil out. The kid needs years of development, stop the English overrating. He is not quite ready for first team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Some good touches, mixed with some awful ones. He's good enough, but he was unlikely to come in for his first Prem start and look like a Croydon KDB

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Had a couple of bad touches but nothing special overall. I didn't expect anything crazy from him today and if he continues to play I think he will start producing more. Ideally, you would want to give him his first PL start at home against some cannon fodder, not away against Everton

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gnabry is considered Arsenal academy? He is the only I could consider as al good player... we didn’t give him the chance.
Oh please :lol:. If Gnabry had came up today and had the exact same games he did back then for us now, you all would have come out and said he's overrated and should be loaned to the Championship or sold. It's easy now that he's away from us and doing well to turn around and say "we didn't give him a chance".

Spare me. You'd have been just as unsupportive as you're being now.

GoonerJay24

Chelsea seem to be doing fine by believing in their academy players and actually showing some confidence in playing them (of course, they've been forced to do so). Our academy players aren't worse than theirs. I consider quite a few on par with each other.

Young players are going to look terrible when they have no direction from their coaches especially with an interim coach who doesn't have a legitimate staff.

Chelsea are struggling, only 5 points ahead of us

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea are struggling, only 5 points ahead of us
They've lost their last few. Going with so many youth players will cost a team a little when it comes down to the wire unless they're ably supplemented by good coaching and some semblance of knowhow & experience. It's always a slight risk but one IMO that we kinda have to take because most of our seniors are bottlejobs with no heart. I'm sure they're likeable fellows but they've underperformed the entire season. For people to put that on the kids IMO is bullshit. Chelsea have a better academy than ours and they're struggling a bit but I have heard very few of their fans complain about giving the academy a chance. It requires patience, something they've probably had a hard time cultivating. We should do the same, especially given the project we have at hand.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Oh please :lol:. If Gnabry had came up today and had the exact same games he did back then for us now, you all would have come out and said he's overrated and should be loaned to the Championship or sold. It's easy now that he's away from us and doing well to turn around and say "we didn't give him a chance".

Spare me. You'd have been just as unsupportive as you're being now.

So true and it's not even right that we didn't give him a proper chance, he was scoring on his first game with 18 years or so and just had a terrible injury.

He wasn't at his best after that and even had put on too much weight, if I remember correctly.

Besides, we've been competing back then and exactly those fans would've complained at the very first chance when we would've played him over a senior player when he's no just up for it.

Put simple, it was bad luck, his loans have been unlucky like with the most of them too.

I mean, ESR just came back from a loan that gave him nothing on the playing side as he got injured as always with promising Arsenal talents.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Gnabry is considered Arsenal academy? He is the only I could consider as al good player... we didn’t give him the chance.
We gave him a chance in the 2013 season, it's a shame he got injured as he would've had more opportunities and lead to the shambolic loan to West Brom. I maintain, if we didn't loan him to Tony Pulis, he would still be an Arsenal player.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I cant believe people are writing him off after his FIRST start ffs.

All of you doubters. Do you remember Bellerin being thrown in at Dortmund away? He was awful. You cant judge ant young player in the current environment. However they did well in our current situation in an away game vs a team who has had an upturn in form.

Afro Mugo

The Mbappe-effect has really messed up youngsters . All over sudden youngsters are expected to be world beaters at the age of 19. I used to call it the Wilshere-Fabregas effect. A 19 year old Lacazette was still playing LW for Lyon B and Aubameyang was struggling to score in Ligue 2. I won't even touch on Mane Salah Firmino who were still playing outside Europe at that age. Top level coaches believe these young players are good enough to be PL players , we need to give them time.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Mbappe-effect has really messed up youngsters . All over sudden youngsters are expected to be world beaters at the age of 19. I used to call it the Wilshere-Fabregas effect. A 19 year old Lacazette was still playing LW for Lyon B and Aubameyang was struggling to score in Ligue 2. I won't even touch on Mane Salah Firmino who were still playing outside Europe at that age. Top level coaches believe these young players are good enough to be PL players , we need to give them time.

I don't see the logic behind oh he was crap so therefore he isn't good enough. Let's sell him. The same people moan about AMN who I think was really good today.

Players develop at different rates. People are willing to throw this guy out when he hasn't even had the opportunity to develop.

Leipzig took him on loan and played him ffs. He is good enough, just needs time.

LG10

I say it for those saying this boy is ready for first eleven only because they want Özil out. The kid needs years of development, stop the English overrating. He is not quite ready for first team.
He’s not ready based on one game? Was very sharp against city, he’s barely played this past year, at leipzig he was injured the whole time. Deserves a proper run of games before we say he’s not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom