Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

You are right about this, but isolation is not the problem I think, it's different skill set required to play wide and he is more like a guy you described. I also think he will add more goals than just playin one - twos because he has that short burst of speed to create space for himself and quality shooting technique.

2. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Certainly not even half as explosive as Saka, Nketiah or even Nelson.

3. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Smith Rowe can do a job on the wing, just not the right wing. Wenger called it preferential vision with Pires and it‘s the same with Smith Rowe. He has already played a few games with the first team on the left side or centre and has excelled there.

krackpot likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Hope he is alright. Was disappointed by the injury for a few reasons.

5. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I disagree. Saka while undoubtedly a class act is fresh in everyone's memories. ESR was the best breakthrough talent last season and hasn't been able to build on it because of his injuries. Play him as attacking mid for a few games and you'll see him raise his game. Nelson is pretty low on confidence right now and stopped taking people on. But he has been getting on the end of chances.

6. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Peharps you need to explain what you mean by explosive as I read another meaning into it.

I also noticed ESR has a very poor workrate.

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Quietly impressive game IMO.

Worked hard, tried to get us going with incisive passes and dribbles. Should have got a couple shots on target but I think he did well.

8. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Shouldve played as a 10 imo. Good outing from him. Elite first touches, His ability to take a first touch and get is into a attack quickly was great to see

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

So much quality. His touches and how he approaches the game like! Very intelligent!

Only injuries stopping him from making it here!

10. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Heh, was just searching for his thread. Very nice performance, seemed like he got confidence and some good plays. In earlier games this season he has looked a lot more rusty somehow. Looking forward for him to feature in EPL at some point.

11. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

He needs consistent game time now, deserves a chance in the league considering we're pretty bare on the left and 10 position.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Said it a month ago will say it again. Potentially the most explosive player we have from Hale End. Can turn a game on its head with his directness and quick feet.

13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Been saying it too since he first came through! Great minds and all that!

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Good game from ESR i like how he can move around he got good energy for attacking mid

15. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I think he can be our very own James Maddison. He's well talented. Hopefully Emery doesn't ruin him.

16. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

really like him. More than Nelson.
    Still not ready but there is a 40 million pounds player in him.
    We can nurture and sell like we did with Iwobi.

Not good enough for us, neither is Nelson, Willock Maybe.

17. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Thought he was one of our better players, shoulda buried that chance tho

18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Absolutely brilliant for 65 minutes but tends to fade after a while. Just back so will give it time. Want to see him playing more now.

Symbia likes this.
  19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Starting for U23s v Sp**s tonight.

20. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Do we know why he missed the Liverpool game?