• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Big Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
so does that mean they won't be going on loan? i think it fair these the 4 players we have from youth team deserve to be in squad.
What do you mean by “deserve to be in squad”?
Going on loan is a good experience. There’s a gap between PL football and U23 football. With a loan you get a taste of a league that’s closer to the PL, unless you are a world class wonderkid who have no problem playing in the PL straight from U23 football. Sending players on loan means you want to develop them. I don’t get why people are so against it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What do you mean by “deserve to be in squad”?
Going on loan is a good experience. There’s a gap between PL football and U23 football. With a loan you get a taste of a league that’s closer to the PL, unless you are a world class wonderkid who have no problem playing in the PL straight from U23 football. Sending players on loan means you want to develop them. I don’t get why people are so against it.
People are reluctant because of Gnabry type situations which occur.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tyler Adams hinted that ESR will be heading back to Leipzig with an instagram comment.

Naglesmann will waste him like Nelson. :mad:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tyler Adams hinted that ESR will be heading back to Leipzig with an instagram comment.

Naglesmann will waste him like Nelson. :mad:
It may be either way with Smith-Rowe - much shier, different profile of player (#8/#10 who can play wide). Nelson a more excitable, adventurous forward. Smith-Rowe may appear more malleable to a taskmaster like Nagelsmann.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Rambo was awful when he first came and Wenger was first persisting with him, ESR is way more silky in comparison to age and development.
I disagree, Ramsey was a top prospect when he first came. I remember he had some stand out games in the cups and CL, that injury pushed him back a year or two. 11/12 was his worse but he was good at the start.

LG10

He should be given a chance at the 10 role in emery’s 4231. Such a unique player, he better make it here.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I disagree, Ramsey was a top prospect when he first came. I remember he had some stand out games in the cups and CL, that injury pushed him back a year or two. 11/12 was his worse but he was good at the start.
Nobody said he wasn't a top prospect, I'm talking about how he played his first few games, he was pretty bad, yes he grew into his role, but in comparison ESR looks better when you compare them at the same age.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, it's not really close at this stage, but progression isn't linear..

Ramsey was doing this in the CL as a 19 year old and had already performed in the PL and fa cup too by that stage, Smith-Rowe hasn't shown anything near that level yet, hopefully he'll get his chances this season to prove he can contribute, won't know until he gets real games. but even if he's not ready he's obviously a top talent and looks destined to be a great player in the future.

nick gould

Of all the young players who have been given a chance you would argue that ESR more than most is the one who grabbed his by both hands. Last season was his breakthrough season and yet he scored some neat goals. Joe's break through season was 17/18, he didn't do much. However, Joe came up in leaps and bounds last season. Joe is now all about end product I feel. Goals and assists. ESR seems to me to be the silky one, but I think they would form a good combination in a 4:3:3 as the two midfielders responsible for linking attack and defence and also contributing with the goals and assists. Correct me if I am wrong. My opinions are based on a very small sample size.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Smith-Rowe hasn't shown anything near that level yet, hopefully he'll get his chances this season to prove he can contribute, won't know until he gets real games. but even if he's not ready he's obviously a top talent and looks destined to be a great player in the future.
Well ESR hasn't had the luxury of a persistent manager who will start him game in and game out, wenger would play Ramsey whether he had a stinker or not, Unai seems far more reserved and wants to continue with the old guard.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Yes he was, I could never figure out why wenger kept playing him.
Well ESR hasn't had the luxury of a persistent manager who will start him game in and game out, wenger would play Ramsey whether he had a stinker or not, Unai seems far more reserved and wants to continue with the old guard.
Think you're getting muddled a bit when Ramsey first started playing he was really impressive in all aspects of his game, real world class potential. After coming back from his injury he stunk the place out for a whole season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Big fan of a young ramsey. Technical, good positioning, passing, vision.... He was a xavi/pirlo in the making.

But he lost all these after he was injured, and choose to play in a completely different way, which is ****ing ****.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Yes he was, I could never figure out why wenger kept playing him.

No he wasn't. He was a phenom pre ankle brake.

I'm sure you have think of those few years after the injury when he was working his way back to form. I remember he needed that loan to Cardiff.

17-18 year old Ramsey was very special. I thought what were we doing buying him when we had Henri Lansbury coming through. Boy was I wrong...Ramsey has special ability and would probably be more appreciated had he been Brazilian and called Rambinhio.

Fallout

No he wasn't. He was a phenom pre ankle brake.

I'm sure you have think of those few years after the injury when he was working his way back to form. I remember he needed that loan to Cardiff.

17-18 year old Ramsey was very special. I thought what were we doing buying him when we had Henri Lansbury coming through. Boy was I wrong...Ramsey has special ability and would probably be more appreciated had he been Brazilian and called Rambinhio.
honestly i think he had more consistent technique pre-injury. he was phenomenal as a youngster. never really rated him like that again bar the one season where he turned into a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom