<

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

I haven’t seen much of Edouard Mendy but the PL is tough, we’ll see if he can handle the physicality of it.

And he would still walk into their starting eleven if they signed him but I don’t think we’d sell to Chelsea.

2. Troopz

I remember another one against Southampton off the top of my head.

I think Charlie Austin scored.

3. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

We must have a decent business relationship with them seeing as they seem to flog their pensioners to us every year. 30million and you’d have to say yes imo

Troopz likes this.
  4. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

And then there is one or two vs Sp**s too.

5. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Every keeper make mistakes.

6. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

Sell.

Leno is very good no.1. Need to re-invest money into covering gaping holes in our midfield.

Steev10 likes this.
  7. Troopz

Nobody is saying they don’t but people are highlighting a couple of errors by Emi Martinez, so the same should be done for Leno.

8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

If Emi doesn't play against Fulham then I think he will leave, keeping my hopes up that he will stay until I see our team news on Saturday.

tap-in likes this.
  9. Troopz

Is this real?

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

You haven't watched De gea or Kepa? i mean even Allison make mistakes they are human after all.

11. yousif_arsenal

Someone tell Arsenal there like many GK out there can be backup :lol:

12. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

That number is definitely inflated. Nobody on here could count up to 7 Leno mistakes.

13. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Sp**s at home last season too

Troopz likes this.
  14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

He's homegrown and been recommended by our GK coach

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Clearly we want someone adept at playing out from the back and operating as a sweeper keeper. So that narrows it down a lot. Then you want someone both good enough at filling in when needed but also content with the fact he'll be number 2. Which again narrows it down massively.

16. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Allison has 4 errors in the same amount of time and has been playing behind the best defense in the league and faced about 30% fewer shots. Is he **** as well?

17. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

This discussion is boring as ****.

18. yousif_arsenal

Agree about Raya also he knows our GK coach and improved alot under him. but i really don't know why Brentford asking 20M for him it's too much and we aren't going to spend that for backup.

lomekian likes this.
  19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Wouldn't want either starting here. Alisson is more of a fair comparison but the fact that Leno was leading in this regard is a bit worrying. Tho I think last season he made a lot less mistakes than the previous one and perhaps you give him some leeway because he was adapting to a new league. One thing is for sure tho Leno does take a lot of risks with some of things he does. It's a double edged sword because it's also why you want a keeper like him because he's so good at sweeping up.

Troopz likes this.
  20. Troopz

Nobody is saying they’re ****.

Someone mentioned the mistakes Emi Martinez made this season but failed to highlight Leno’s mistakes.

You can’t highlight the mistakes for one goalkeeper and hide the other ones weaknesses/mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.