<

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Again this is utter rubbish I see posted all the time. Leno is great with the ball at his feet, we’ve seen it for two years.

NieThePiet, Leo_ense_ and drippin like this.
  2. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Its mad the amount of people that don't get this. How can clubs get the offer to make 20million on a back up keeper with 2 years left on their deal!?

The people that are moaning about this will be the first to complain when we regularly have Elneny and Willock stinking out the joint every week.

3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

I know we can make other sales, it’s more the point that the sales we can and need to make are the ones where people moan about the player being sold. Most people want Lacazette, Elneny, Guendouzi, Mustafi etc sold. That’s not going to happen. It will have to be players like Bellerin and Martinez.

4. field442

Who should we be selling then? We’ve had concrete offers for AMN, Martinez and Bellerin. Would you sell AMN or Bellerin, someone else in mind?

5. field442

Everyone tries the @GDeep™ tactic of if you post it enough it becomes fact.

Leo_ense_ likes this.
  6. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He's absolutely not great. He's alright at best.

I remember looking forward to see in the team because Emery put emphasis on playing out the back in the beginning but he was no better than Cech once he came in. In fact he hoofed it more than Cech and our playing out the back slowly faded away soon after.

krengon likes this.
  7. Furious

:lol:

Gatekeeper @field442 in the mud. Relax ffs.

People can have different opinions than you.

Jae likes this.
  8. OnlyOne

Disagree loads here, Cech was hideous with his feet, nearly passed it into the net once. And Leno was trying to play out the back with Kos and Sokratis, no wonder he went long.

Emery didn’t set that team up properly to play out from the back, a lot of players didn’t know what to do.

9. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

The sentimentality on this one is crazy. I thought the club has to become more "ruthless". Emi seems a top bloke and has shown in the last few months he's a good keeper. But at the end of the day he is a second choice keeper.

Arsenal currently have 1 senior central midfield contracted to the club of any note (xhaka), and even he divides opinion.

It would be crazy not to cash in on Emi now, especially when you take the fact he only has 2 years left on his deal.

Bring in that Areola or maybe see if United will let go Romero on loan to cover Leno for a year.

10. field442

Yeah, sorry. Didn’t realise you can’t debate on a forum.

11. Furious

Who said he wasn't?

It worked in the beginning for Emery, people were raving and we scored goals like some we've seen under Arteta.

12. Why

Why Active Member

Be sad to see him go, but think its one of those where Arteta has to let Martinez decide. He has given 10 years to the club and not really had a sniff until recently. Bit of a fairytale where we were in dire straits he got a chance to shine and he did just that. Will be fondly remembered by all Arsenal fans.

If they feel 20mil is the right number and Martinez wants to go, let him go. I would like to see Leno in goal where his defence are not actively trying to see who can score the most own goals.

And if he goes to Villa, id be tempted to put him in my FPL team

MikelHadADream likes this.
  13. OnlyOne

What?

14. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

"Keepers don't get purple patches" :lol: That must be why people are complaining about the transfer fee here being too low. Of course a club will estimate the experience of a keeper and the likelyhood of such level continuing.

This most loyal guy on planet Earth needs to renew his contract for at least 1 year (maybe with a 20 million release clause, excluding rival teams) so we can see if he keeps his level for a season. Otherwise he forced us to sell him with 2 years in contract.

15. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Leno's wages prices him out of most teams and those that could afford him don't need him.

Sadly I think that will be the deciding factor

field442 likes this.
  16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

It’s a purple patch that’s arguably lasted longer than Leno’s though. He was in world class form for Reading and he’s carried it on this year once he got games.

How long does a purple patch have to be until it stops being one?

Troopz and Garrincha like this.
  17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Leno is barely better with his feet than Cech

18. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Emi has shown why we should have quality players on the bench. Came in and delivered when he was needed. Why sell him ? To raise money to buy new players while we have deadwood we cannot sell ! What is the point? Increase his low salary and extend his contract. The man loves it here and he would extend. This argument of him demanding first team football is lame. It is all just paper talk. Arsenal must learn how to keep its prized assets. I hope this is all paper talk. I expect him to start at Craven Cottage. No one is a number one. Performances keep you in the team.

19. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

With talk he could be going to AV (yuck!) I'm really surprised a club like Chelsea hasn't put a sneaky bid in. With the money they've spaffed on areas they actually don't need to strengthen you'd think they could scrape £25-£30m together for their Achilles heal. For a keeper who is very strong in the air which is where Kepa seems to struggle the most. Curious.

20. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

It’s typical of Arsenal. Any player progressing from within the ranks is always downplayed. Purple patch , early days etc. Same performances from some kid in Europe with YouTube videos and everyone wants them. Martinez is not only a quality keeper but he plays with his heart and passion for this club. That alone should earn him the respect. A club aspiring for top 4 , CL and to get back to the glory days but cannot keep or manage 2 good keepers ?

Jae and Rex Banter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.