<

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Mod Edit: seriously, stop it please

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020
    BigPoppaPump likes this.
  2. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

"Football knowledge" eh...all I know is when my boy was our main DM we never finished outside the top four, when your Swiss DM arrived we never finished in the top four...

3. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

When both were at the club, Xhaka was beating the likes of Chelsea and City in the FA Cup final whilst Coquelin was warming the bench. One is still here winning, the other has joined your boy Emery in a nothing club in Spain. Now piss off with your nostalgic nonsense, this is the Martinez thread.

Leo_ense_ likes this.
  4. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Mod Edit: ffs I'm begging you stop

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020
  5. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Emery should be tried for crimes against football. He’s an absolute cuck squad favourite here though.

Furious likes this.
  6. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Come for the club, stay for the bantz :lol:

7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

You feel Emi wants to take advantage of the form he has shown over the last 6 or so months, and after being a back-up all his career use it to establish himself as a number 1 somewhere finally...which is understandable really.

Villa seems like a bit of a waste though, no disrespect to them.

MikeVinna likes this.
  8. Furious

I see your points and consider them valid. Obviously the club has a tough choice to make here, not pretending otherwise.

Still, after what we've seen from Martinez, I would be sad to see him go, and think it's worth discussing whether we should keep him instead despite whatever choice Arteta makes in the end.

drippin likes this.
  9. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

It's worth discussing as long as one realizes that Martinez is the one who makes a decision too.

Does he extend in some way that fits everyone, or force us to sell him. If he doesn't, no need to praise his loyalty too much.

10. Furious

Because he was complete and utter sh!t by the time he left. It's a terrible example.

Martinez is at his best ever, most of us had no idea he'd be this good. Naturally people are saddened by the possibility of losing him after his great contributions to winning trophies.

11. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

After having a think about it, I think you reluctantly let Emi go.

We need to raise funds and we have a limited amount of back up players we can sell for a decent fee. We also have an excellent goalkeeper in Leno.

We're basically making £20m on the back of a 3-4 month spell. If Leno didn't get injured we'd be lucky to get £5m for Emi.

I love Emi's mentality and I've a lot of respect for him getting where he has in football from the background / poverty he came from.
    If it's the end of his career here he's going out with his last game being an FA Cup Final triumph, can't ask for more than that.

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

He had one more game and one more trophy to win after that though...

[​IMG]

Blood on the Tracks likes this.
  13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

At least whatever happens, I do like both keepers...a far cry from the days of Cech and Ospina in goals for us :lol:

14. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Where do you get that he would not extend? He wants to be number one and who does not want to be? Has he earned the right to stay in the team based on his performances on a consistent level? If you go around selling players because in an interview they said they want to be playing then you will end up with no player.

Leno is just back from an injury. Any occurrence and we are exposed again. We have back to back games and in all competitions. We need to keep our best keepers. Simple. Increase his contract and let them earn their spots.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

What about the legendary trio of Almunia/Fabianski/Mannone?

Troopz, SingmeasongSong and Riou like this.
  16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:rofl::rofl:

17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

What did you say DM me.

18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Most Arsenal fans would say this is the worst of the worst, and they would be right.

But there is one crazy maverick on here that genuinely believes that the guy in the middle of the three you listed, is the best goalkeeper in the league now.

Oxeki likes this.
  19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Oh I know of him.

Tbh Fab and Mannone improved leaps and bounds once they left Arsenal just like Woj. Seems like our Goalkeeping coach was the bottom of the barrel and you know Arsène never cared about Goalkeepers or CBs. I think Almunia was the worst of the lot.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Being serious though, hilarious that Arsène looked at this and was like... "Nah, goalkeepers are fine, what Arsenal need is a new tiny number 10!"

The contrast between our defence and attack during certain seasons at the Emirates is so weird.

You had Cesc and Robin, two league winning caliber players...with the likes of Almunia and Djourou also starting, who were relegation level players in the top flight ffs :lol:

Breezy and BigPoppaPump like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.