Emirates Away End

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Debre-Zeyit, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Arsenal fans to be in both home&away end

Poll closed Aug 23, 2019.
  1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

Does anyone think the club should move away end from its current place? Like move it to top corner like Barca does with away fans.

Both ends must be home fans.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Mo Britain and Jury like this.
  2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Probably too much hassle now. Would be putting out people who picked to be near the away supporters & added missile issue.

Personally I kind of like how it echos Highbury.

3. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

It's how most modern stadiums do it. Personally I agree with you. I might be wrong but i think I heard a while back that premier league had made it mandatory for clubs to allot away fans seats closer to the pitch in the lower tiers. But since Newcastle and United haven't done it i guess it's not been implemented. City's away end used to be exactly like the Emirates but they changed it a couple of seasons ago and split the away section into the three tiers, making it a narrow vertical strip of away fans.

4. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

Yeah they should move it outside of the stadium, or perhaps underneath the pitch.

5. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

They need to do that because the home support is so diluted

6. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

But then we wouldn't hear much singing?

7. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

Isn’t there some sort of new rule now where Away fans have to be allocated closer to the action. I read the only team failing to do this is Newcastle FC and they are fined for it annually.

Also those who go to the Emirates knows in the Away area there is a like a special section separated by a wall so when they enter the stadium you won’t see them again until they are sat down. To put them in an upper tier they’ll have to walk up the stairs and mingle with all
    The Arsenal fans - not wise depending on the opponent (Sp**s, Chelsea, Ect..)

8. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Away fans upper tier above Arsenal fans = at least a couple of incidents of bodily fluids being thrown at fans below per season.

Not happening. You can close this one.

say yes likes this.