• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There were encouraging things about this performance, despite the loss. Willock and Nelson were encouraging, Guendouzi aswell. Auba looks very sharp. We looked quite cohesive in the first half, even Xhaka and Mhki had good moments. In the 2nd half, the latter two faded and the team got caught by Lyons stronger players IMO. The defending could have been better but it's not exactly a strong area for us.

Nketiah was good when he came on but he also faded towards the end. Had good opportunities aswell. He will surely start to take them more IMO, just a bit too eager at times. Wish we could have seen more of Ceballos, really enjoyed his cameo. He should start over Xhaka but that won't happen and Xhaka will get 90 mins every week.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We should have never left the United States.

Nah, was good. We had enough chances to win this, but on the other side we always conceding.
Conceding to many 1vs1 or easy crossey.

Some youngsters looked good, Medley isn't a LB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Emery should be doing better with the back line. The defenders are not as bad as they are showing.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Going to be a season of high scoring games, this probably could have ended 4-2 but the attack were just a bit rusty. Dunno if you can call the defense rusty when they look like that all season.

Why

Always Me ?
Lots of positives From the first half, plus Martinelli and cebalos look interesting. Martinelli should have had a foul at the end when he was blocked off outside the box. The future certainly looks bright.

But **** me Xhaka could be replaced by a plank of wood that Leno and the CBs bounce the ball off back to themselves. He slows down the break every time with a pass back.

And I hate to get on the mustafi bandwagon, but when Dembele got through he just stopped and put his hand up. Play to the whistle.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I thought Eddie was rubbish, actually outside of that one moment where he bullied Sule he's been pretty meh missing lot of easy chances this pre-season. Don't think he is ready at all, hope he goes on loan.

Xhaka was absolutely rubbish this pre-season and this game was no exception. I mean he is usually rubbish anyway, but hope he gets ready in time for the season's start because looking at the line up today we don't have actually anyone to deputize for him since all of Guen/Torreira/Caballos/Willock seem to play mainly next to him...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Going to be a season of high scoring games, this probably could have ended 4-2 but the attack were just a bit rusty. Dunno if you can call the defense rusty when they look like that all season.
If we get Pepe we're going the way of Liverpool 2013/14. Goals will push us into the Top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom