Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by hydrofluoric acid, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

2. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Probably a twisted ankle, back for Newcastle in 2 weeks.

Iceman10 likes this.
  3. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Can we please stop going into meltdown again?

Half the forum was in awe of the talent pool and promise the players have shown. We conceed two goals on the other end in a meaningless game, but there's no news.

We already know that Nacho is finished, sadly. We already know that AMN is a midfielder, not a defender. That's why we are getting Tierney, maybe even a RB (Alves?) and possibly Rugani with hopes on Holding and Bellerin coming back soon.

berric, zilfy, albakos and 6 others like this.
  4. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Gtfoh am I kicking into him. He was good but faded. Needs to calm down a bit in front of goal, been a bit too eager last couple of games and timing let him down.

5. Geofranco

Geofranco Active Member

You must be Nigerian. Yea Nketiah really needs that loan. Nelson and John Jules can fill the void of the third forward. Nelson can play LW, 10 and as a inside forward.

RacingPhoton and 9jagooner like this.
  6. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

I've always said here that it's difficult to pin point if our defensive issue are down to personnel or coaching.
    For years we watched Arsène play different players at the back with little or no improvement. Then Bouldy was promoted to first team and we thought, "surely now we would do better?" Only to have same issues.

Now we have a new manager, who has played different formations and brought in one or two defenders, yet no improvement.

On the contrast, you see City play Otamendi in defense yet they go several games without conceding.

I'm not an expert so really difficult to tell.
    I say this because I see many clamouring for new defenders. Do you guys think change of on the field personnel will solve the problem?

7. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I think we've played well overall. Passing was on a good level and we were always dangerous going forward. We've made only 2 errors at the back, both resulting in a goal and that won't happen always.
    Ceballos is a great addition to this squad and young players proved again that they can be trusted at the highest level, that's the most important thing I will take from the game.

asukru, NieThePiet, Iceman10 and 6 others like this.
  8. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

**** off

9. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

Did Sylvinho get a nice reception?

carlito'sway likes this.
  10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

A friendly game people. That is all.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Been good preseason for him no matter what you say. He is getting into good goal scoring positions. The more he plays the sooner he will start to score.

Bad loss today but hard to blame attackers. We need to attack with better idea when we dont have cut backs.

12. THunter

Pepe Mkhitaryan
    Aubameyang Lacazette
    Nelson Iwobi

Our attack once hopefully Pepe signs looks brilliant, assuming it’s only one of Lacazette/Aubameyang at a time.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He's a good but confidence based player. Completely falls apart within minutes if things doesn't go his way

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  14. THunter

Maitland-Niles had most of last season at RB and arguably looks worse the more he plays there. It’s not fair on him or the team.

ASIF, asukru, lufere7 and 7 others like this.
  15. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

yes..thats what I said. The part about the manager and players not being good enough had already been said. I was replying.

16. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

The fans that keep shouting shoot any time Xhaka is in the opposition half need a good hiding btw. Xhaka too for obliging them.

17. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

Disappointed, but not surprised. So typical to beat Bayern, draw with Real and then lose against Lyon.

Mustafi can really **** off. Everytime he waves his hand asking for offside you know it's on. We also have no real full back atm so we need to get Tierney asap.

18. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Martinelli ;)

19. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Friendlies are games to rotate all your players in over the 90 minutes. Wouldn't read too much into results, apart from concerns over the backline.

20. Gunners21

Gunners21 New Member

obviously, some people are commenting without watching the match.

AMN was injured before/during the first goal. you could see him grimacing in pain and limping while walking just after the goal

that said, our defence still suck lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.