• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

England all time XI

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 769
A

Anonymous

Whats you're all time england dream 11? Here is mine:

Seaman: now i know its tough between seaman and banks, but if you think about it david played in a much tougher league against better techniqued and fitter players. As time goes on techniques and abilitys only improve with the help of better facilities and trainers, so id have to say its harder to become a legend in this modern era, and seaman managed it, i also believe he is the best keeper of all time, ahead of banks, zoff and yashin.

pearce: as you can tell form my avatar i like pearcey, great player, hard and determined and very very proud to wear the 3 lions, something that really lacks in these modern players.

adams: we all know how great he was

banks: rounds out my back 3, englands best ever defender, one of the best of all time.

B.charlton: world cup winner and great midfielder

gazza: where would we be without gazza, flairy and skillfull, love him or hate him, he was still one of the best midfielders england has had.

Robson: dont really know what to say really.

Ball: top player and world cup winner

hurst: hatrick in a world cup final, makes him an england legend

shearer: top goalscorer

linekar: englands best ever striker

Formation:

-----------------seaman

---------moore adams pearce

-----------------charlton

---------ball --------------robson

------------------gazza

--------hurst---shearer---linekar

AFCG7

Established Member
I'll go with a 4-3-3.

Banks ahead of Seaman.. Guv did you consider Peter SHilton as well?I'd have him in the top 3.

--------------------Banks

Sansom------Moore-------Adams-------Psycho

------Charlton------------------Ball

-------------------Robbo

--------Hurst-----Shearer-------Linker.

Canuck

Established Member
Well I am probably one of the least qualified in the forum to make a list. (I can do an all time Canadian XI instead... :lol: )
I believe it was my first week or so in the forum and I made the blunder of forgeting about '66. Someone (perhaps Aussie I think) promptly put me in my place. :eek:ops:
So since I do not have the indepth knowledge of the national squad members over the years I would just submit that my all time England XI would have to be the '66 World Cup team. Since they've never managed to win it since. :wink:

Asterix

Established Member
If you wanted a 442 how about

Seaman
Dixon Moore Adams Pearce
Becks Robson Gerrard Barnes
Shearer Owen

subs: Shilton, Cole, Campbell, Charlton, Scholes, Beardsley, Linekar

I don't know if Linekar and Shearer would be good together - seem too alike. Even someone like Beardsley would be a good partner for either of them I reckon. I'm a bit hazy on great English right backs so I went with Lee.

I like these threads Guv - keep em coming.

A

Anonymous

Guv did you consider Peter SHilton as well?I'd have him in the top 3.
That i did, great as he was, he isnt in seaman and banks league though.

I also almost put in butcher, beardsley, barnes and grieves. Hard to leave those players out, them 4 and shilton would be by subs bench.

I would die before putting david 'im a complete ****' beckham in an england all time XI, he doesnt deserve to be held in the same regard as moore charlton etc.
He would however be in my world all time 11 of most overated players. How people rate him i do not know, he wont tackle, he cant run, hes got poor control and cant take anyone on, all, i mean ALL he can do is kick the ball well. :roll: Plus hes a **** captain who bottles it whenever the going gets tough.
1998 he cost us against the argies
2002 he cost us = when ronaldinho started that long run through the middle, who had bottled a tackle allowing goofy to take the ball? of course that ***** becks.
2004 = THAT PENALTY :evil:
so really why is he seen as so good? He does absolutely **** all.
Sorry, rant over :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom