• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2016/17

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I was talking to St Johnson fan in work today. They had a behind closed doors match against Man City and the staff were shocked at Rahmeem Sterling. All pace nothing else, couldn't believe he moved for what he did to who he did and that on that performance he was a very poor player.

I rate the lad so highly would have loved to seen him with us so this took me a bit by surprise but if, going by what he said, it's not surprising Pep is looking at wide players.
He's lacking confidence badly. He looked devastating in that year when he was with Suarez & Sturridge. There's no doubting he has been ****e for the better part of 12 months.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sean Dyche is fast becoming one of my favourite managers. :lol:

Burnley boss Sean Dyche hits out at praise foreign managers receive for 'new' methods he's used for years

The promoted Clarets' chief is amazed to see colleagues from overseas being viewed as geniuses for playing 4-4-2, working their teams hard and banning junk food

Sean Dyche insists he won’t be dazzled by taking on the Premier League’s managerial superstars.

Burnley boss Dyche will go head-to-head for the first time with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, Chelsea’s Antonio Conte, Liverpool’s
Jurgen Klopp and Leicester title winner Claudio Ranieri after leading the Clarets back into the top flight.

He will also renew acquaintances with touchline heavyweights Jose Mourinho, Ronald Koeman, Arsène Wenger and Mauricio Pochettino as Burnley battle to try to stay among the elite.

Dyche knows it’s not a fair fight but won’t throw in the towel just because of who is in the opposite corner.

The 45-year-old – whose side starts out at home to Swansea on Saturday - said: “I don’t judge myself against Pep Guardiola, with what their squad is. It’s not a level playing field.

“There’s that weird thing about pitting your wits against them. I’m not, really. If we had equal squads, that would be pitting my wits against them.

“There’s massive gaps throughout the Premier League. It’s not interesting for me to go, 'Oh, look! There’s that famous manager. Yeah, he’s been doing this and that’.

“It never even crosses my mind. We just take the game on and see what it gets. Afterwards, we’ll say hello and off we go. Simple as that.

“I can assure you the schmoozing stuff is not something I over-think.

The promoted Clarets' chief is amazed to see colleagues from overseas being viewed as geniuses for playing 4-4-2, working their teams hard and banning junk food

"I have total respect for the man stood next to me [in the opponents' technical area] - some have done amazing things in the game - but I don’t think about it. It’s far from my thoughts.”

Dyche is one of only three English managers in the top flight, alongside his predecessor at Turf Moor – Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe - and Alan Pardew of Crystal Palace.

But, according to the former Watford boss, that doesn’t make homegrown coaches inferior.

He believes they don’t always get the credit they deserve when compared with more high-profile managers from overseas.

Dyche added: “ Antonio Conte came in at Chelsea and he got commended for bringing a hard, fast, new leadership, which involved doing 800m runs, 400m runs and 200m runs.

“Come to my training and see Sean Dyche doing that and you’d say, 'Dinosaur. A young, English, dinosaur manager. Hasn’t got a clue’.

“Perception is radically different to what is going on with young English managers.

“I just saw Gael Clichy talking about the diet that Pep has brought in — he’s stopped pizza . He was talking about how this new diet was amazing, saying we don’t eat junk food.

“We’ve been doing that since I got here. I did it at Watford. So are other English managers. Because I’m Sean Dyche, you wouldn’t be interested. It’s ‘Go on Pep, tell us about your pizzas!’

“They questioned for me playing a 4-4-2 and then everyone played it last year and it was ‘Amazing Ranieri! Amazing! Tactical genius!’

“Klopp came in and played sort of a 4-4-2 and ‘let’s run really hard and press’. People thought it was incredible. Wasn’t Sean Dyche doing that three years ago when he got here?

“It doesn’t matter to me personally.

"Pochettino, I think, is fantastic. I really enjoy his company.

"Wenger, personally, was very good with me, very good company with me.

“There’s no problem with me and foreign managers, but this is my view on it. Generally, there is still this edge towards foreign coaches and managers.”

It's a fantastic read. :lol:

redanddread

Dyche is one of only three English managers in the top flight, alongside his predecessor at Turf Moor – Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe - and Alan Pardew of Crystal Palace.

WTF??

Says it all to me and have been saying it for years - England's biggest problem is their coaching/managers.

BobP

Memri Fan
'Go on Pep, tell us about your pizzas!' :lol: :lol:

Reading that article just reminded me how much I'm going to miss Big Sam in the league. :( Him having a go with Mourinho was always fun. Would have loved to see Pep fuming in the post match after Sam out-tactic-ed him too.

He's gone on to bigger and better things.

He can now "out tactic" scrubs on the international stage.

redanddread

Donovan speaks about Swansea role
Posted at14:12

Former Everton and United States forward Landon Donovan has been speaking to NBC Sports about his role at Swansea.

He was part of the US group to take over the Premier League club this summer.

The 34-year-old said "the new owners admitted that they didn’t know a lot about football" and asked "would you be willing to help us, advise us and consult with us on certain things?"

He continued: "I said yeah, that would be great and that’s something I am certainly open to.

“I made it clear from the very beginning that this isn’t going to be a situation where I am going to be in there telling them what players to sign."
usatsi_8331238.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Many I've seen are predicting us to come outside the top 4. Most of whom do so say that with a striker and a CB they'd predict us for the title.

Last edited:

Marmaduke

Latest posts+

Top Bottom