• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Manchester United – 4:00pm - 22/01/12

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

TBF Wenger just about subs everyone that has not played 90 mins at the top level .
Why is this such a big deal ? It turned out to be a mistake , its not the first time has happened in football won't be the last .

Eirico

celestis said:
TBF Wenger just about subs everyone that has not played 90 mins at the top level .
Why is this such a big deal ? It turned out to be a mistake , its not the first time has happened in football won't be the last .

Because 1: the sub obviously cost us the game. It is not often you can say that for sure, but this time you can.
2: Wenger lied about the reason behind the sub aften the game.

eye4goal

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Song's problem is that he commits the same school boy error in every single game. He pushes forward to press, but then stops half-way to stand off, only to then get passed around. He doesn't commit to the press, nor does he stand off in a position where he is restricting space, thus he ends up in no man's land. This guy is another who is being shown up. Song, Ramsey and Walcott are the weak links.

We really are clueless without the ball. Ramsey was running around aimlessly too. I just can't get how easy it was for Carrick to spread the ball to their wide players. RVP was also guilty there but you'd expect Ramsey to pick him up. It is a coaching and management issue in my opinion. It is worrying that Arteta who was AM at Everton can defend better than Song, Ramsey etc

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
It's one thing to make a sub, but another one to effectively rip us off our only real attacking threat with still 20 minutes to go and replace it with......Arshavin.

ArseGod

Folks, look at our team. Right now, up and down, we have a shortage of true quality. And I mean quality. United aren't eevn that good and yesterday that second goal was inevitable. Our bench yesterday was a joke, and even with all our players fit, we have **** for attacking options and nothing to link our midfield and attack. I love our team, but we need to shore it up. They can't handle the pressure, physically or mentally

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Eirico said:
celestis said:

Because 1: the sub obviously cost us the game. It is not often you can say that for sure, but this time you can.
2: Wenger lied about the reason behind the sub aften the game.

My point is , he's not the only manager to have done this paid the price . He lied ? Not many managers tell the truth at press conferences . Again no big deal .

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Celestis, I admit in hindsight it's always easy to pass judgement like it happens with Wenger now, but let's be honest there.....have you been pleased when you saw Ox coming off for Arsh? Didn't you think he needlessly took our most dangerous player off?

AliBabaBrewer

Illusion said:
Popmousse said:
Terrible home fans we have, I am actually ashamed sometimes. They moan at the first loss of possession, they boo, they jeer during games. Just appalling crowd.

They pay the highest prices in the land and haven't seen success for quite a few years now. If paying fans can't voice their discontent in the stadium then where can they voice it? Criticism isn't heard through any other angle and it's far too easily deflected.

The board and the manager must be informed that the fans are not happy with the way some things are being dealt with at this club.

I watched a documentary on Alex Ferguson last night and he said something that actually made a lot of sense.

There was a video of him during his time at Aberdeen (At least I think it was) where he was going absolutely banana's at the players. Properly mental. It then cut to a scene of an interview with him now where he said that if anything, it's GOOD to lose your temper with the players.

He said it was healthy to go mental at them to ground them. Because, as he said 'they get enough praise', if you can't knock them down a bit as a manager, who will?

I'm sure as s**t that Wenger doesn't do that. So why not the fans?
We pay extortionate fee's to watch mediocre results from excessively paid players. As we have done for years.

The voice of discontent in Arsenal's fans is a growing one, and I personally love it when you get people bury their heads in the sand saying that no one should boo, no one should complain, and what, that just be grateful we're in the top half of the table? We won't even be getting Champions League football next year. Which is an embarrassment for a team that supposedly is meant to be challenging for the league.

YT03MDAmYj02MDAmYz1BdmVuaXImZD05NiZlPTQ0JmY9I2ZmZmZmZiZnPSNjMTBjMDYmaD1LRUVQJmk9Q0FMTSZqPUFORCZrPVNVUFBPUlQmbD1CTElORExZJm09Y3Jvd24ucG5nJm49bm9uZS5wbmc=

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@Redandwhite When you put it like that mate no,not at all,not pleased at all . I DID want Arshavin to come on...... but for Walcott .

I just don't like this issue dragging on because as Anzac would say it's a smoke screen to the real issues here midfield . Every time we have been pressed in a game they have disintegrated . There one or two player in there no matter how hard they try don't have a clue how to play in midfield .

To compete again we need an attacking right back , a cam and another holding player .

dpt49

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
Illusion said:
Popmousse said:
Terrible home fans we have, I am actually ashamed sometimes. They moan at the first loss of possession, they boo, they jeer during games. Just appalling crowd.

They pay the highest prices in the land and haven't seen success for quite a few years now. If paying fans can't voice their discontent in the stadium then where can they voice it? Criticism isn't heard through any other angle and it's far too easily deflected.

The board and the manager must be informed that the fans are not happy with the way some things are being dealt with at this club.

I watched a documentary on Alex Ferguson last night and he said something that actually made a lot of sense.

There was a video of him during his time at Aberdeen (At least I think it was) where he was going absolutely banana's at the players. Properly mental. It then cut to a scene of an interview with him now where he said that if anything, it's GOOD to lose your temper with the players.

He said it was healthy to go mental at them to ground them. Because, as he said 'they get enough praise', if you can't knock them down a bit as a manager, who will?

I'm sure as s**t that Wenger doesn't do that. So why not the fans?
We pay extortionate fee's to watch mediocre results from excessively paid players. As we have done for years.

The voice of discontent in Arsenal's fans is a growing one, and I personally love it when you get people bury their heads in the sand saying that no one should boo, no one should complain, and what, that just be grateful we're in the top half of the table? We won't even be getting Champions League football next year. Which is an embarrassment for a team that supposedly is meant to be challenging for the league.

YT03MDAmYj02MDAmYz1BdmVuaXImZD05NiZlPTQ0JmY9I2ZmZmZmZiZnPSNjMTBjMDYmaD1LRUVQJmk9Q0FMTSZqPUFORCZrPVNVUFBPUlQmbD1CTElORExZJm09Y3Jvd24ucG5nJm49bm9uZS5wbmc=
That's what Hill Wood thinks we should all do :roll:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
celestis said:
@Redandwhite When you put it like that mate no,not at all,not pleased at all . I DID want Arshavin to come on...... but for Walcott .

Just want to add, Wenger other sub (Park for Ramsey) was also wrong. Park was playing in AMC and didn't get any good ball instead of playing upfront

and we played Mert as a striker :roll: (which almost work for once)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
celestis said:

I just don't like this issue dragging on because as Anzac would say it's a smoke screen to the real issues here midfield . Every time we have been pressed in a game they have disintegrated . There one or two player in there no matter how hard they try don't have a clue how to play in midfield .

To compete again we need an attacking right back , a cam and another holding player .

Fair enough, that's what I was asking for as well.

I agree, it is indeed a smoke screen and does distract from the important issues, but for me it was all about winning this game and at least end our poor run of results, before concentrating on those problems once again.

I just can't bear it when someone throws away a game in that fashion, regardless of our other more pressing issues.

ArseGod

We really have made some appauling decisions in substitutions recently. Could be because we have a **** bench, but we really have no options

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ArseGod said:
We really have made some appauling decisions in substitutions recently. Could be because we have a **** bench, but we really have no options

if that's true then play the starter for 90 minutes

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
If we did that, there would be even bigger concerns about the fatigue of our first teamers. Overplaying them won't help us either.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Post ACN, I would like to see this -

Gerv - RVP - AOC

Arteta - Song - Rosicky

I really dont believe Park has had any opportunity to fairly prove himself, and on one of the rare occasions he took his goal beautifully. So Park and Henry are question marks for me off the bench.

Arshavin - i believe we killed his career by trying to make a left winger of him, he has the body language and the attitude of a player who just has become disillusioned.

Ramsey - i believe he will come good - but is not ready yet.

Walcott - i really hate his playstyle. His touch is often horrible, his head is always down. I despise the habit to cut back outside once he has already got the inside channel on a defender....i could go on.

Chamakh - i honestly dont even think he seems like a footballer.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With regards the Oxo issue. I suspect strongly like most people do that Wenger genuinely thought Shava would come on and win the game for him. I can imagine how Wenger felt about the booing and the subsequent issues that led to Shava being involved in the incident that led to our conceding our second goal. Obviously he can't man up and say "I screwed up" because that would be admitting defeat in the Shava saga and will destroy whatever little confidence Shava has left. If Wenger's brave he'll flog Shava and find a replacement or just hire a psychologist for him since Arsène seems to be eternally hopeful about his players who fall badly out of form.

Cruisio

Established Member
I swear down that Wenger best hope that the rapture is just around the corner because so far 2012 has been a S**T year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom