• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
Man Utd vs Arsenal
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

------------------------------------------------------------- Old Trafford
--------------------------------------------------Saturday 3rd November 2012
----------------------------------------------------------Kick off – 12:45pm
------------------------------------------
sky_sports_2.png

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - Wilshere - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Mannone, Koscielny, Santos, Coquelin, Arshavin, Chamberlain, Chamakh

My Score Prediction

- Man Utd - 3 - - - Arsenal - 2
- Rooney x2 -----. Podolski
- van Persie -----. Walcott

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: BPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - Wilshere - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

I would go with the same team but 6-1 to us

Bossa

Established Member

3-2? And the **** scoring twice? Come on man..

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Not looking forward to facing Van Persie at all. In fact, I've been dreading this game since the fixture list was first released. We're due a good result there though and we've played some of our best stuff this season in tough away games.

Don't think Walcott should start by the way, though I suppose much will depend on Chambo's fitness.

leo_ense

Established Member

"If you do not believe you can do it you have no chance at all" - Arsène Wenger.

GOONER1991

Established Member

Here we go!

United are big favourites, but to be perfectly honest, I think we have a shot at it. We need to control the midfield and press hard from the start, make sure they can't hit us quickly like they did to Newcastle and Chelsea. They don't have a midfield, so hopefully we'll dominate possession. I pray Theo is fit enough for this after tonight, and he and Giroud start.

I genuinely believe that we can win it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Hope we getting a draw but its looks hard their defense is so bad these days so i think we can score goals if our players are up for it. lets hope gibbs make is for manure game cuz starting Santos against valencia will be nightmare.

Chesney

Sagna Tv5 Per Gibbs

Wilshere Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Come on arsenal make us proud.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All week I've been thinking of the game in 2006 when we won 1-0 with Adebayor scoring late on after a Cesc master class.

If Cazorla sets up Giroud and we win 1-0, I'll be ****ing delighted!

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Not sure, not looking forward to this one, but Im not dreading it either. Tonight, despite the 4-0 part, was a shot in the arm for moral and proof that we can score when we want to. More importantly, it told Wenger (hopefully) that 4-4-2 isnt a bad thing to play still.

So, start Theo on the right and just tell him to beat Evra and whack in those crosses for Giroud (who has to start). Whether its Jenks or Sanga on RB duty is one for AW, I wouldnt blame him for picking Sagna here though.

Utds defence looked suspect against the Chavs, and I'd encourage everyone to just play everything against Evans rather then Ferdinand, as theres every chance he'l get himself sent off (which should have happened against Chavs & L'Pool).

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Swear to god I'd go 4-4-2 in this game.

Especially if Giroud is gonna be up front because he needs a partner around him to pick up either the missed crosses, rebounds or knock downs he gives.

Sick of seeing him up front by himself when he doesn't have the pace to get away from defenders and all that hold up play has no one to benefit.

Podolski & Giroud or Walcott & Giroud as the front 2.

If we are playing one up front then I'm wanting Podolski or Walcott as CF.

WengerFaithful

Lets just hope Chelsea kick the ****e out of them and retaliate and its Moses and the Red Card Sea after Sundays debacle. Then I will make a prediction.

DontPushMe

Have a hard time seeing Walcott get the start here considering he just played 120'.

Szczesny
Sagna-Vermaelen-Per-Gibbs
Wilshere-Arteta
Cazorla
Chamberlain-Giroud-Podolski

Dont really fancy our chances here, we'll probably end up losing. We've looked shaky this year and are unbelievably lucky to have only let in 6 goals. I expect a few to seep in this time. Manure's D is weak too, so we'll get ours as well.

Even though I think we'll lose, i cant write down a loss to manure on here, especially with that ***** striker they have.

3-2 Arsenal! With RVP breaking his leg.

If we're down big at any point, i'd love to see TV go in on RVP studs up.

dysphoria

Established Member

arsmile said:
if gibbs cannot make it i'd be tempted to bring in kos and shove verm out wide. santos cannot defend, verm has been dodgy, kos should be on a high after tonight

apparently kos was defensively piss poor tonight..?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

First off, you have us losing on your opening post, what the ****.

Then, far more important than possible line-ups is who the ref will be.

Jbruin

Established Member

Can see Arsène pulling a tactical surprise for this one (praying that Gibbs is fit)

562429_Arsenal.jpg

Could maybe even see him go with this (V) if we're gonna be counter attacking AND considering Giroud played like 70+ minutes tonight I'm doubtful that he'll start...

562434_Arsenal.jpg

Have Giroud and Theo on the bench, Chambo should be on there too hopefully, plenty of impact subs.

Score prediction? 5-3 to us....

Airknight

Established Member

Gotta wait to see how they field against Chelsea and who's going to be their ally, i mean the ref, against us before any speculations.

arsmile

Established Member

if gibbs cannot make it i'd be tempted to bring in kos and shove verm out wide. santos cannot defend, verm has been dodgy, kos should be on a high after tonight

TakeChillPill

Established Member

The way Arshavin played in the second half, looked a threat all game...considering Podolski has been pretty poor of late I wouldnt mind him starting, atleast we know he will create chances.

leo_ense

Established Member

Mike Dean? The guy who was dancing when Sp**s scored against us?

Top Bottom