• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Defending? Exceptional? Well, I defer to you on this but I'm still of the opinion that their two wide me won't want to defend as much as they want to attack & neither will Yaya.
Well, if they are serious about winning the league they'll be dumb to underestimate the fact that our play out wide is absolutely crucial and at least tracking the movements could be really vital. And Sterling is rather good off the ball in terms of movement and stealing the ball, too. Was at Liverpool so I won't underestimate him in this game.

Yaya, though, is a lazy **** and we can take advantage of it, tbh. Get runners around him so that he loses it. We could play Özil a bit deeper at times or Ramsey close to him to get him pissed off and get carded.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Our last 5 home games - 4 wins 1 draw
City's last 5 away - 1 win 2 draws 2 losses

Looks very good on form but I don't think we've been playing great recently (e.g. Sunderland at home was poor). Tbh neither team has been playing well but they've both got a great momentum boost from the last 2 games. I'm pretty confident given City's form and our recent games against them, confident of a draw at least which isn't disastrous. I don't think their attack is as scary as it has been and that's not just because Aguero is out.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hoping to see some of this:

tumblr_nfnmlkLyty1shuwvvo3_r1_500.gif

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It's still a week from now, but I'm getting excited already. We have to make a real statement of intent here, a draw is not enough. Beat them and create a small gap.

Besides, it's at the Emirates. We should be beating anyone at the Emirates. Bring them on. Even that overrated Kompany.

blaze_of_glory

We usually do well against them, though they are more than capable of beating us. If recent history is any guide, this will be a tight one. I think 2-2 or hopefully 2-1 to us.

I don't think we've lost at home to them in quite a while.

Giroud

Established Member
We'll keep things tight and City will have most of the possession but will be toothless with Bony up front. Not worried about Flamini as long as we stay compact and he doesn't have to cover lots of ground.

We'll win because City don't have the goals in them and we'll be trouble on the counter.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Of all the big games, I always fancy us against City. They only play one way under Pellegrini, which suits us down to the ground. The big news is Kompany will still be missing, which means they'll give up chances, chances we have to take.

It's such a shame we have no Coquelin for this one, Flamini has been sturdy in the last few games, but he's still an awful footballer who's capable of costing us with a brain dead decision. The good thing is, he'll be in there against Yaya who is seriously playing at walking pace these days, for all his lack of ability Flam has an insane workrate.

It's quite interesting, they're sweating on Aguero and we're sweating on Sanchez, arguably the two best attackers in the league. Both scored at The Emirates in this fixture last season, just to emphasise their importance.

A win here would be HUGE, for the belief if nothing else. Plus it's always important to beat the big teams at home, we have an opportunity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom