<

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Taylor Gang Gunners, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yep, thats why its so important we sign cover/rotation for him. We have no one in the squad who can do his job. Bielik maybe in a couple of years but right now, no one.

2. ryan1922131

ryan1922131 Member

it's almost too easy to predict. We first need midfielders. More midfielders than necessary. Ran out of places for midfielders? Simple! Just stick one on the wing. Ramsey on the wing. Giroud up top, because Wenger shows undying faith in our starting striker. I've given up hoping for a changed lineup, because quite simply Wenger will persist with his lineup until it sustains multiple losses in a row, in which case he will grudgingly change it.

Lineup vs Pool:

Giroud
    Alexis Özil Ramsey
    Cazorla Coq
    Monreal Kosmert Bellerin

My ideal lineup to rip Liverpool to shreds on the counter

Walcott
    Alexis Özil Ox
    Cazorla Coq

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  3. Bashii

Bashii Well-Known Member

Wenger is the anti-tinker man. I expect the same team as last week and for him to want this team to play themselves into good form.

4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Same team that beat Palace for me.

In other words the same team that tonked Liverpool 4-1 a few months ago.

Rygura, celestis and juice man like this.
  5. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

The way I see it we either rise to the occasion and batter Liverpool, or we remain in our bad form and lose to some sloppy goals. However, this match may just be the medicine we need to kick us out of our start-of-the-season slump.
    Comparing how we played against Chelsea in the CS (which was not a friendly, no matter what anyone says) to our recent games and we've looked out of shape and defensively lethargic. A challenge against a top side might reproduce the CS mentality and bring the best out of our boys.
    I'd go with:

---------------Cech-------------
    Bellerin---Kos---Per---Monreal
    ----------Coq-----Santi---------
    Oxlade-------Özil------Sanchez
    -------------Giroud-------------

6. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

When City were devastating they played a 4222 with Nasri and Silver operating centrally they switched and played a 4231 and became limp but now with two actual wide players look back to their best.

7. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Please smash the scousers.

8. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Yep that undying faith just happened to stop Giroud in our most important game last season. Logic.

9. ryan1922131

ryan1922131 Member

Sorry what game was that?

10. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Community Shield lineup + Sanchez on the left. It shouldn't be a difficult decision.

Batman likes this.
  11. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

i'd drop ramsey for either ox or theo

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Ramsey was brilliant against Liverpool last season, managed a couple of assists. Their midfield couldn't cope with his movement off the ball, would be daft to drop him for this game.

I'm looking forward to this game, evening matches at The Emirates always provide a good buzz.

Rygura and celestis like this.
  13. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

I wouldn't mind seeing the F.A cup final line up actually. Think that could be a possibility. Could do some serious damage against Pool I think.

SuperGoon, Gooner Zig and Batman like this.
  14. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

The side that beat Palace was basically our main team last season with Cech in for Ospina.

Safe to say this is Wenger's favourite lineup, with Jack, Ox and Theo the main subs.

Cech
    Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
    Cazorla Coquelin
    Ramsey Özil Alexis
    Giroud​

15. RandyMarsh

That line up is miles away from winning you the league though. Agree that it's probably Wenger's favourite but its certainly not a team I'd back to win the title.

16. say yes

That's our best XI though.

Only debate is Ramsey vs. Walcott/Chamberlain. Ramsey is the best player of the 3 but the least comfortable out wide. Swings and roundabouts.

Genuinely gutted we didn't get Schneiderlin.

Maxim likes this.
  17. RandyMarsh

It might be all our most talented players on the pitch at the same time but it's certainly not our best team. I'd probably have Welbeck RW before I have Ramsey there.

For me our best team will always be about balance and playing people in the correct positions. And for that reason I will always give a direct winger the nod over over Ramsey. The rest of that team I agree with.

18. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

Cannot wait for this one, super excited for it! Needed that win against Palace to set us up nicely for this. Liverpool have made some decent signings to be fair, but I'm hoping to see what they can actually do tonight against Bournemouth... Regardless big game for me this, would really love to put them in their place and at the same time show a statement of intent from us!

Hunta likes this.
  19. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yes thats the team, Ramsey will be on the right because it works with Bellerin behind him. Bellerin has the pace to get forward so Ramsey can cut in. The reason Giroud will get the nod is that he is the only attacker with any height. Bring Ox & Theo on later to add another 3 goals to the 2 we score in the first half.

5-0

20. say yes

@RandyMarsh
    Ramsey out wide gets a lot of stick but it's worth remembering that many of our best/most fluid attacking performances last season came with him in that role:
    - 4-0 Villa in the final
    - 4-1 Liverpool
    - 4-1 WBA (Wilshere out wide rather than Ramsey)
    - 3-1 Hull
    - 5-0 Villa

Results are actually pretty astonishing when you take the time to look through them. Pretty much all our biggest victories over the last 6 months have come with a CM on the RW. Maybe Wenger does know what he's doing?

Rygura, Sane__, Carlo Marx and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.