• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
What are you on about?

Bournemouth took it to Liverpool at Anfield and would have come away with a win if not for criminal refereeing.

What does that matter? We were beat a week ago by West Ham soundly at home 0-2.

The point is that Benteke has better service at L'pool than at Villa. If you can't see that, then it's worthless continuing. Oh and for all those who seem to forget, last year against L'pool could have gone very differently if L'pool were just a tad more clinical in the early stages.

Crew

The point is that Benteke has better service at L'pool than at Villa. If you can't see that, then it's worthless continuing. Oh and for all those who seem to forget, last year against L'pool could have gone very differently if L'pool were just a tad more clinical in the early stages.
The only thing that would have been different is if Sterling scored the first goal and we would go on and drop 4 on them. Same result anyway.

Maxim

I think Liverpool have far more to worry about in this game than we do.

Henderson - 50/50 to be fit (I rate him though)

Lallana - has been very ordinary for a while now and I don't really think he suits there style of play, especially when played out wide. Think he'll be out of their team as soon as firmino is fit.

Ibe - Regardless of how much they tell themselves he's the natural heir to Raheem, he looks absolutely miles away from that sort of standard.

Firmino - hasn't really got going yet, come back late from copa america, new league, new team

Lovren - Reinstated and looked shaky as ever against Bournemouth, also alongside a brand new Defence for them with Gomez a young RB playing LB.

I think Brendan has two main options;

1. Play a midfield 3 of Can (DM), Henderson and Milner behind a front 3 of Benteke, Coutinho and Lallana/Firmino/Ibe

Problem with this is Can looks rather shaky whenever he's played as DM and coutinho their biggest danger is shoved wide which he isn't really comfortable with.

2. Play a midfield 3 of Henderson/Milner with Coutinho ahead of the two. Front 3 of Benteke and two of Ibe/Lallana/Firmino

I'd be very confident if he chooses this, I think we'd play through this team quite easily with the lack of defensive protection.

Overall, I think this will turn out to be a fairly routine win for us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Way I see it is if our players play to their ability then we win this - almost man for man we have a better quality player.

Last year we effectively pressed them high up the pitch and caused havoc in their final third. They don't know what hit them. Wonder if we'll use the same tactics.

Impact

Established Member
The only thing that would have been different is if Sterling scored the first goal and we would go on and drop 4 on them. Same result anyway.

Yes, because we have such an excellent record coming from behind in big games in recent years...

US_Gooner

Established Member

Well, maybe it's just me but I think we should save this kind of hand-wringing for CL opposition.

This game is entirely in our hands.

Impact

Established Member
I think we can and will beat them but I don't think it's as simple as some in this thread are suggesting.

OSBK

Established Member
Agreed.

It's a huge game as a win really sends a message that we are real contenders.

It's a huge game for giroud as he needs to perform against the big teams. He has to show that he is good enough to hurt the big teams. I think this game could decide if giroud gets replaced or not.

A loss for us would be a disaster, a narrow win will do but we need a convincing win

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Agreed.

It's a huge game for giroud as he needs to perform against the big teams. He has to show that he is good enough to hurt the big teams. I think this game could decide if giroud gets replaced or not.

A loss for us would be a disaster, a narrow win will do but we need a convincing win
Giroud needs to prove he's capable of scoring more goals, when we most need them, against the big teams. Only two goals really stick out for me and that's his goal against City last season and his goal against Sp**s 2 season ago (in the 1-0 win)

We need more from our main striker. Need to see him getting important goals at crucial times in big games.

Can't see us losing this by any stretch of the imagination and a draw wouldnt be the end of the world, but you always want to pass your first big challenge of the season. City have a very tough game away at Everton this w/e, we could be 1 point behind them if we win.

Might even be in the relegation battle I reckon.

I know he is being a little dramatic, but the being out of title race part is kinda true. Chelsea lost 3 games in all 38 last year. If we lost 2 out of our starting 3 games, the title does become a more impossible task.

Not to mention Liverpool Man City and Man Utd al have a 100% record so far (despite having played arguably harder fixtures than us)

Nemetoss

I know he is being a little dramatic, but the being out of title race part is kinda true. Chelsea lost 3 games in all 38 last year. If we lost 2 out of our starting 3 games, the title does become a more impossible task.

Not to mention Liverpool Man City and Man Utd al have a 100% record so far (despite having played arguably harder fixtures than us)

The league is much harder this season.I don't think the new champions can get away with just 3 losses this time around.Either way it's extremely silly to say something will or wont happen after just 2 games into the season.

hieuving85

I really hope Arsène will drop Ramsey and start the Ox on the right wing. But hey, Ramsey is his boy, isn't he? :D
Özil with 2 more assists and 10 chances created, plz!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The year before the league was won with 6 loses. Chelsea were by far ahead of anyone else last year and unless City just keep plowing through it will be an anomaly.

A better indication is most champions tend to drop about 27-30 points.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Agreed.

Giroud's notched a few against Liverpool both home & away. He's scored against everyone bar Chelsea. It's a huge game for Giroud every game because until he's scoring every game, people will continually doubt his ability.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

And Brazil wouldn't have been humiliated if Neymar was still fit
and Silva wasn't suspended.

We had 2 early chances that should have been goals as well. We dominated pool on the day. That's all that matters.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Simple really. We need to win this because it's only our 3rd game of the season and we already have a loss on the books. For morale, for confidence, for narrative and yes for points, we need to win this.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The game at the Emirates? We should have been 3-1 up after the first 15 minutes (taking into account that they should have scored from that poor cut back).

It was a complete domination by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom