• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
_88064808_ozil_getty.jpg

Back to business after the international break. Lots for us to look forward to next weekend. Unfortunately, I feel that Southampton are becoming somewhat of a bogey team for us, and we never get an easy ride against them.

I'm not sure what to expect from Southampton this season; a new manager and have lost some of their big names in the summer. They still have enough to cause us problems though with a strong defensive set up, and the pacey Shane Long in attack. I anticipate that with Mustafi, we'll be playing a high line, so we need to beware Long's threat in behind.

------------------ Cech

Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monréal

------------Cazorla - Xhaka

Walcott --------- Özil ------------ Alexis

------------------Giroud

Strong XI for us next weekend, with Mustafi making his debut in defence (although Holding is deserving also). I don't think Arsène will give us what we want and have Lucas upfront from the start, but he'll make an appearance at some point. Win this one and we'll make some ground up on the Manchester clubs. Big weekend for us really with the Manchester derby and Liverpool v Leicester.

Prediction: Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lovely opening thread for a crucial game @GOONER1991.i have a feeling holding will still get the nod ahead of Mustafi

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Pretty confident for this, think the team will be starting to get some momentum after the Warford win, and the new faces should lift the spirits amongst them and the fans.

We should've won the home tie vs Southampton easily last season, it just wasn't meant to be, and since Koeman is gone, I'm not too worried to be honest. They'll give us a game, but we'll handle it, I'm pretty certain of that.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
We need to finally beat the Saints as its been awhile, hopefully put a few past them like they did to us on Boxing day!

I think Wenger will introduce Mustafi gradually thus I expect Holding to keep his spot alongside Laurent and Perez to also start on the bench with Aaron Ramsey hopefully back in the squad also!

Cech
Bellerin Holding Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla
Walcott Özil Chamberlain
Alexis

Bench: Ospina Mustafi Elneny Coquelin Ramsey Giroud Perez

Still think we are a bit short squad wise considering Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Campbell and Gnabry have all departed.
Hopefully some of the young stars such as Zelelam and Adelaide can step it up.

COME ON THE ARSENAL!

ARSENAL FOREVER!!

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
We always seem to underestimate Southampton and it always seems to bite us in the bumhole.

Hoping for a win though, with new players eager to prove themselves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wonder if there is a role for both Giroud and Lucas in the team, with a three man midfield. Most likely if Lucas starts on the right.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think this is a slight different Southampton team. Their midfield is gone they've no Pelle or Mane. We should win this. We just need to be hungry. And we should as we cannot afford any slip ups until that gap is closed.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I have Saints down as a bogey team but as Koeman,Pelle and Mane have gone, I hope we can smash them for a change.

nicky47

Established Member
A bogey team of ours; they constantly lose players and managers but still find a way to frustrate us. Hopefully this match won't be the same case. We need to gain some momentum and with the Manchester clubs playing each other we need to take full advantage of that!

Very curious to who Wenger selects with Mustafi and Lucas in the squad now? We all know Wenger likes to introduce new players slowly, but it would be such a buzz to see the new players, especially Lucas for me. But I imagine Giroud will be back in the team...

Looking forward to the match now, its nice to feel a little positive and excited about this new season finally. Anyway, no slip ups here is all that matters.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'm for 99% sure Holding will still play. We will have the sickest bench ever.

Swallow

This is not the Southampton that has been causing us so much grief in recent times. They no more have Wanyama, pelle and Mane. That notwithstanding, we should be focused and make sure we pick the three points. Let's close up the five-point gap first, then we start worrying about the quality of play later.

PS: The opening post of the thread gives the impression that we have a Canadian city playing for us at left back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom