• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Besides, didn't Koscielny literally get punched in the face 10 seconds before? Southampton were being super aggressive and we were at home. It was coming.

TorontoGooner76

I was thrilled when I saw the ref point to the spot. Up to that point I figured a draw was in the cards. Clear penalty for me, the rules should have been observed better for a long time now in my opinion.

Ox is really frustrating to watch. So talented but such a bone head at times...lol. Iwobi makes a case for a starting spot with some good driving runs late on. I would prefer to see him over Theo.

Glad to see Santi back to controlling play and he also made a great last ditch slide tackle interception on a Southampton counter as well. Having him in the same side with Özil gives that extra bit of creativity in the final third.

Kos is a warrior plain and simple. No subs left, so he stayed in the game really only being able to see out of one eye.

I think Perez will come good once he adjusts to the tempo of the game but his movement was decent and he was always looking to link up with others. Just a matter of getting familiar with playing with everyone. Hope he knocks one in soon to get the pressure of a little. At least now we have a couple of strikers with completely different dynamics. Hopefully this means the end of Theo up top for good.

Glad for the 3 points, we need a bit of momentum in the next few matches in the league to get that confidence up. On to Paris.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Besides, didn't Koscielny literally get punched in the face 10 seconds before? Southampton were being super aggressive and we were at home. It was coming.
He was kicked in the face as he was falling in a scramble during the corner.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm obviously thrilled to have the 3 points but the performance leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, especially how easily Soton were waltzing through the midfield at times.

A team with a bit more up front would have put us to the sword.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'm obviously thrilled to have the 3 points but the performance leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, especially how easily Soton were waltzing through the midfield at times.

A team with a bit more up front would have put us to the sword.

I think, we all (myself included) have underestimated the Saints. They have a pretty good team and will give trouble to a lot of opponents.
We were playing with 2 new guys who never played in the EPL before, our best player (Özil) was pretty poor and having Ox on the field was basically playing with 10 players.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think, we all (myself included) have underestimated the Saints. They have a pretty good team and will give trouble to a lot of opponents.
We were playing with 2 new guys who never played in the EPL before, our best player (Özil) was pretty poor and having Ox on the field was basically playing with 10 players.

That aside, I was still astounded at how much space they had through the middle of the park. Our defending without the ball has always been suspect and nothing has changed so far in 2016. Until this gets fixed we'll never come close to the title in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom