• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyf

This is the time of the season when you need to take some serious decision regarding your approach as a manager so far. Imo, we lack a more physical midfielder in the 3 that play behind the CF. Since Alexis and Özil can't be dropped due to their quality, this makes whoever plays as a RW eligible to be dropped. El Neny or Ramsey should be played in that spot or Arsène could turn to a system with 3 CMs as some people have mentioned. If we don't find a way to close that gap we all noticed between the forwards and the midfielders against Utd the loss against Utd won't be the last. We'll even lose to minor sides.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I've come to the conclusion that we're going to see a proper response for once. Basically every player in the team is due a goal and they'll feel less pressure now that we've been written off. We have 1 of these performances at the Ems at least once a season, it's time.

5-0.

Ketka

Hmm... Remember being at this game in 2014 at around the same point in the season. Must-win game, very doable on paper but coming on the back of some shocking form. That was the game they scored a frickin' flukey equaliser at the death. Went home that day knowing we wouldn't catch Chelsea. All too familiar me thinks....

They've scored in 8 of their last 9 but they only tend to score the 1. If we can find our shooting boots we should do this 2-1 I reckon. I hope...

LordBump

I see a draw against Swansea
I see a loss against Sp**s

We'll be completely out of it.

Then we go on a 9 match winning streak when pressure is off and we come up short, again.

Wenger gets hailed as a hero, again.

Ketka

I see a draw against Swansea
I see a loss against Sp**s

We'll be completely out of it.

Then we go on a 9 match winning streak when pressure is off and we come up short, again.

Wenger gets hailed as a hero, again.

If we win the last 9 games we'll win the league. Adding the draw with Swansea you predict that's 28 points - 79 in total. Any team above us would likely wobble at that level of momentum coming up behind them. Sadly, Arsenal haven't achieved more than 26 points in the last 11 games of the season in over 10 years so I fear the first part of your prediction (1 point from the next 6) is the most likely.

marc-in

can't pick a team really, with so many players that are either not good enough or underperforming we'll still have at least 3-4 players starting when they don't deserve their place in the team, gonna have to thank Arsène for his lack of transfers in the summer.

would love to have wilshere or santi available.

cech

monreal koscielny chambers bellerin

coquelin ramsey

sanchez Özil campbell

wellbeck

knowing wenger, he'll start with Giroud and walcott and our only player that seems to be capable of scoring shifted on the wing/bench

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd actually be tempted to go Chambers-Coquelin as an extremely conservative midfield until we get our **** together and get some momentum, especially if Elneny isn't ready, though given he was on the bench and come on vs United Wenger probably does now consider him a serious option.

Charisma

Try something different, I'd say as the team is unbalanced at the moment. I'd play:

----------Coquelin----El Neny--------
----Özil--------Ramsey----Welbeck--
------------------Giroud-----------------

El Neny will pick up the ball from deep and sit alongside Coquelin. Ramsey will provide us with that extra man in midfield.

Sanchez needs a breather, too much attention on him at the moment.

indy23

I want to see Özil on right. He will drift in too and we need to congest the middle because we are **** through the middle. Opposition just walks through and its effing infuriating. Screw our wing play it has been non existent anyways. Rather defend and counter when swansea make an envitbable mistake. Ramsey isnt a cm but he isnt bad when he has no defensive responsibilities n makes unchecked runs through middle.. Just dont concede please.

P

PayableOnDeath

Lets win the 11 remaining games. Time for some miracle!
11 games is two and a half months mate.

That is a long time in football. Vardy could get injured, kane could get a serious hammy, Wilshere could come back and play like its 2010.

where were we 2 and a half months ago? top?

P

PayableOnDeath

play Özil at cf and I guarantee he gets injured. Hes not muscular enough to shake off defenders

Hegemony

Bored of stale line-ups. Would be fun to see something like this:

-------Coq--------Elneny------
Joell--------Alexis-------Özil
-------------Welbz-------------

Alexis had a couple of good games last season at AM, and Joell will work harder than Walcott. Could be fun

Croney17

Would love to see a switch to a diamond 4-4-2 to get the midfield more occupied, rather than have the imo ridiculous situation of pretty much 4 up front vs utd.

Please try, until santi comes back...

Hector Per Kos Nacho
Coq
Ramsey El Neny
Özil
Giroud Sanchez (+Danny from bench)

Kos seems to prefer Per there, Ramsey can do whatever his 'thing' is until santi/jack return, encourage sanchez to stay higher/making runs. Also feel mesut should play as the proper trequartista he is & not the 2nd striker wenger is tryin to make him!

TorontoGooner76

I will watch it because I am an Arsenal fan. I just need to learn to watch from a distance so to speak and not with the passion that I am used to. It is just too difficult to do at the moment.

I feel so lousy about our team right now. So many players making mistakes, team not playing as a cohesive unit, players sulking because they are not being played in their preferred position (looking at you, Theo...), watching Ramsey kill so many forward moves by twisting and turning then playing it back to Kos, watching our CB's playing on the halfway line and then getting beat for pace on the break, seeing Flamini warming up on the sidelines, and so-on....

Sunday was a real kick in the gut for the team and I can'tell see how they can be at all confident at this point.

I don't see too many changes for this. Per for Gabriel and Giroud will likely come back into the side. Unfortunately we will probably still see Ramsey in midfield and Walcott on the right, although I think they both need to be dropped for this one.

Still think we will somehow knick a victory without being very convincing.

2-1 to the good guys. (I hope)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Swansea will be tired and slightly deflated by their loss at Sp*rs but from all accounts they played quite well - they always give us a hard game and have a very good record at the Emirates. They're also fighting relegation - anyone thinking this is a cakewalk for a team that can't put together any form of balance between attack & defence is highly mistaken.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 if needs be.

We're a **** show at the moment - get ready to chew the nails boys & girls.

How we've ended up in this position is an absolute mystery for me - I'm nearing football apathy if we don;t get a positive result Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom