• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy Z

Not surprised by this result in the slightest. Knew we'd lose to Manure at the weekend and knew we'll slip up tonight as soon as Swansea equalised.

This squad is full of complacent, naive, thick losers with no backbone. Basically they're made in the image of their manager. Wenger can fuk up a cup of coffee.

Nothing will change until he steps down. Really time for a change up. Let's fail under someone else if we have to because this regime is getting boring.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Over the course of a season, how many points is a decent home atmosphere worth? Its deplorable at the moment, in comparison to Leicester. If we won tonight there was 3 points in it, somehow against all odds, we are STILL in the race. Its the Steven Bradbury Premier League.

Yes fans are paying large sums of money to watch Arsenal play, but, I've never thought support is conditional in that sense. Yes you're entitled to an opinion, but when you're at a game you're trying to be the 12th man, if not, you are actually part of the issue.

All this anti Wenger sentiment, I get it, but it's like there's an element of supporters that also enjoy losing so they can bleat and say "I told you so" I'll cal lthem the Piers Morgan fans. The mood seems toxic and it MUST be impacting on home matches.

I agree but fans were completely behind the players at the start. After they scored the 2nd it got really bad though. Awful shouts and groans and it was making the players panic and make ALL the wrong decisions

JMHJ

First time poster.... very long time lurker.

Avid supporter from Australia and this forum is usually my morbid sanctuary after a disappointing result. Probably because seeing the burn in other Arsenal fans makes me feel better.. or something? ****ing who knows. Today's result is the first time I've decided to join in on the misery posting, and not just read it. I get up at stupid hours of the morning, go to work with 2 hours sleep, to watch this ****, and it completely ruins my ****ing day. I let this half hearted bunch of ****s **** my day something shocking. Absolutely gutted.

Funny thing is, we'll probably beat Tottenham and **** it up against WBA.

In the first half we played our best football in 2016 and created many chances, but Giroud and Sanchez wasted them. In the second half when you expect the team to show some fight, they all disappeared add to that Wenger's ridiculous substitutions. We should beat Sp**s just to help Leicester because there is no way we are going to win the league. You can be sure though, once our season looks to be over they will win every single game to make sure 4th place is safe.

ALTHANDIR

We all know what happens now.

We lose to Sp**s, cementing our position as all but out of the title race.

We then go on a 9 game, unbeaten run, playing scintilating football till the end of the season, finishing 4th and if we're lucky, we win the FA Cup.

Cech being injured for the NLD next week is a disaster :(

Token Yank

Özil is the only player worth a damn in this squad. With that said he will wise up and move to Barcelona in the summer.

Jackopeng

He'll get exposed for the mid-table standard player he is playing under Arsène Wenger.
Sorry mate your completely wrong there, he carries and leads that swansea defence on his own and for a team as mediocre as swansea he does a bloody good job, unfourtunately hes 31 so we'll never buy but hes the type of player this team is desperately crying out for.

TorontoGooner76

How long must the fans endure this garbage? It is appalling. So sad to see this club drop so much over the 20 or so years I have watched and been a fan.

We need a lot of changes.

It is sad that our fans that actually attend matches are only looking for entertainment and are not passionate enough towards the club. For a glimpse of what I mean, look into why Lazio supporters are leaving a mostly empty Stadio Olympico for home matches. True fans who bleed their teams colors.

Croney17

Over the course of a season, how many points is a decent home atmosphere worth? Its deplorable at the moment, in comparison to Leicester. If we won tonight there was 3 points in it, somehow against all odds, we are STILL in the race. Its the Steven Bradbury Premier League.

Yes fans are paying large sums of money to watch Arsenal play, but, I've never thought support is conditional in that sense. Yes you're entitled to an opinion, but when you're at a game you're trying to be the 12th man, if not, you are actually part of the issue.

All this anti Wenger sentiment, I get it, but it's like there's an element of supporters that also enjoy losing so they can bleat and say "I told you so" I'll cal lthem the Piers Morgan fans. The mood seems toxic and it MUST be impacting on home matches.
You're kidding right??! The main toxicity surrounding this club is wenger's untouchable position! Everyone gooner that knows him feared he'd **** sub campbell 1st & it happened. The well deserved boos were for wenger alone & are the fan's only means of expressing something felt by all of us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We all know what happens now.

We lose to Sp**s, cementing our position as all but out of the title race.

We then go on a 9 game, unbeaten run, playing scintilating football till the end of the season, finishing 4th and if we're lucky, we win the FA Cup.

Cech being injured for the NLD next week is a disaster :(
There won't be that kind of run this year. It isn't in this team. They've never gone through a stretch this woeful before. For f*ck's sake this team was more convincing with Denilson anchoring the midfield against better sides than we're facing now. The manager has to go. He's spent. He goes and throws a full f*cking wobbly at the 4th official after the 2nd goal when the jungle r*tard that he signed last year has given away a stupid and needless free kick. Not once have I ever heard him come out and say that he's not done well enough. I've seen more humility and accountability from f*cking Mourinho in post match interviews. Enough is enough. The team needs to be gutted. Bar Özil, Welbeck and Cech I don't give a f*ck if none of them ever wears our shirt again but the biggest cancer is Wenger. Give Alex Ferguson this exact same group of players with the same injuries, literally the same circumstances and we're probably 12 points clear at the top pissing ourselves laughing about how easily we're winning the league. We lost to children and relegation fodder who didn't even have their interim manager or first choice 11 out there. This man is either truly senile or he's on the take and throwing matches. Nobody can be this bad organically. Wenger is a fraud and a disgrace and needs to be kicked out while things are still salvageable.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
The more I think about this result, the more frustrated I get. Swansea were like 18th and rested half their team for the weekend. A team of our stature should be carving guys like this apart and putting 3 or 4 past them. Especially at home.

We thought we'd progressed but we haven't. We have less points now than we had this time last year. And if it wasn't for Chelsea and City massively under-performing we'd be in yet another battle for 4th.

We desperately need better players. And not just any players either, we need 3 or 4 starters. One to replace Giroud. One to replace Ramsey. And one to sort out our RW. Maybe even one more in defence but that's wishful thinking.

DesiGooner

Definitely should be looking to upgrade at striker, CM, RW and CB this summer and that will probably be just to fight for top 4.

GunnerShy

You're kidding right??! The main toxicity surrounding this club is wenger's untouchable position! Everyone gooner that knows him feared he'd **** sub campbell 1st & it happened. The well deserved boos were for wenger alone & are the fan's only means of expressing something felt by all of us.
Definitely not kidding.

I think Wenger was harshly judged in the first 6-7 years since moving stadium, but is now operating with less financial restrictions, so I can appreciate much of the recent criticism of his inability to build a title winning squad. I also think he has too much control over the football club.

BUT, my point is this. For the 90 minutes + extra time, if you're in the crowd GET BEHIND THE F***ING TEAM!!! You've actually got an opportunity to have an impact on the result. We are still in the title hunt (somehow), and were in the hunt last night. The debate around Wenger and the negativity, that's what this forum is for, pubs, twitter, facebook, the AGM, whatever. But leave that sh1t out of the stadium, because I believe the atmosphere at Emirates is hurting us. Its too flat and too negative.

Chanberry

I don't think booing helps much either. If anybody watched the leicester game last night, their fans got ten times louder once they went behind.

It's not hard to be that loud and supportive for Leicester Fans.They are having the season of their lives.Never been in this position.We are a different case though.I doubt they'll be as supportive if they saw their team with the kind of potential we have, suffer epic meltdowns for the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom