<

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Proof, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kopzilla

kopzilla Always Negative

He or Primorac or Bould are all equally clueless.When we lose, he puts it down to bad luck, bad decisions, tiredness and injuries. His solution to our problems is to assume that we are doing the right things, keep doing those things and hope that we will start winning again. This is why he is so nervous from the first minute till FT. He has little to no clue about tactics or a plan B. His body language doesn't exude confidence or conviction in his ideas or philosophy. For 90 mins, he is simply a silent spectator like the rest of us.

2. Coolin

Coolin Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho

I got two things from this. Gabriel trying to dribble out from defence, under no pressure, then knocking it out for a throw.

And it looks like Sanchez is annoyed at the sub as well. He seems to throw his arms up when realises who's coming off.

3. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

I can completely understand wanting to bring Welbeck on, but choosing the one guy whos shown he's actually capable of scoring instead of a dustbin who's been useless for 10 games and a winger who's been equally as poor, was just such a horrible, horrible decision.

Poor Campbell. Hardly going to do any good for his confidence is it. Seems like the fighting type, hopefully this won't damage him too much.

marc-in and Gooner n Proud like this.
  4. Balance is key

Balance is key Well-Known Member

Didnt really look like the fighting type when wenger took him off - he looked broken

5. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

The fans actually got behind the team for this, there were obviously a few groans but overall the team just didn't respond to them.

6. RandyMarsh

What did you expect him to do then? Start punching Wenger? haha

Hopefully he'll be back with a bang this weekend.

7. GunnerInPluto

GunnerInPluto Well-Known Member

Theo should not be in the starting line up. I wont mind Jeff taking his place, or better still Iwobi.
    Theo is at an all time low, and it is pitiful seeing him everytime. Theo needs a break.

8. GunnerInPluto

GunnerInPluto Well-Known Member

I mean Theo should not be in the starting 18 for the rest of the season.
    Football is not all about sprint with no end results. Now, he doesnt even sprint. He collects the ball and gives it to the opponent.

9. Bananacoffee

Bananacoffee Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to defend the players, they should have buried the game in the first half.

Just saying sometimes you need that little bit of luck, it clearly wasn't on our side yesterday. Don't think the performance was all that bad honestly, we get those two goals instead of hitting the bar and crossbar and nobody complains about Sanchez, Ramsey etc in here.

Sanis likes this.
  10. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Well-Known Member

You got balls of steel to risk that amount in such a game. Congrats.

West Ham play Everton away next. What do your reckon £400 pays pretty much the same

11. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

At least it would be a different sort of fail...I'm pretty sick of failing the same way every season :lol:

12. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Remember when people were saying that dropping points against WBA and Norwich to go top weren't a big deal because "we had plenty of games left" :lol::lol:

Alarm bells were ringing for me when that happened, we even had Cazorla in the side.

RandyMarsh likes this.
  13. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Wenger has certainly done his best to break him.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Gets even worse btw:

Rimaal, fabo, salvat and 2 others like this.
  15. RandyMarsh

This is exactly what i've been saying. We've been getting worse every season. It's just that this fact is masked by the other top teams getting worse too.

Wenger will try and attribute the points tallies to the league getting more competitive but i think it's clear to see we've gotten worse.

16. StoppageTime

StoppageTime Well-Known Member

It's sad seeing Claude saying we don't deserve to win the title, looks a broken man and I can't really disagree at this point, very sad. Say what you want about him but the man has real passion in him, the same passion that we can all relate to.

Thay being said, there is still time to win this. For me, Campbell is the key. Literally lol at the fact that some here still don't rate him, the man is a revelation, if you genuinely don't see his quality you're in for a deserved humbling. Just drop the agendas, he's just going to keep making a fool of you. Wenger, play him EVERY SINGlE game, for ****s sake. **** WALCOTT, that amateur level bottler, and forget Ox for now. Campbell is performing NOW. It's like the football gods have handed us a lifeline (undeserved tbh). TAKE IT FFS.

Seriously though **** Walcott. Wtf is he doing at this club, let alone as the top earner. WHAT THE ****!!??? @TheEconomist put it beautifully earlier in the thread. Poverty player doesn't even do that soft **** justice.

**** WALCOTT.

17. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Sorry @SA Gunner but the correct answer was.

:lol: :lol:

@TheEconomist was surely referencing @Jasard saying we dont even try and walk it in anymore. :lol:

18. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

Thank you ! Glad someone got it!

James Bond likes this.
  19. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Could apply to any time over the last ten years :lol:

20. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Almost had it with this season.

In previous years, I knew we weren't good enough to win the title. But there's no excuse this season as the quality at the top is so poor.

Only silver lining is that we might get a change in the Summer. Would love to see what someone else could do with the resources we have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.